Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Trump Endorsed 'Eric' in Mo.
More Than One Eric Accepted
Aug 2, 2022 11:36 AM CDT
Trump Endorsed 'Eric' in Mo. More Than One Eric Accepted
It's unclear if he meant Greitens, Schmitt, or McElroy
- In terms of covering one's bases, Donald Trump may have just hit a home run. Ahead of Missouri's Senate primary on Tuesday, the former president offered up his endorsement Monday night for the GOP candidate he thinks is best for the seat. There was one small but meaningful...
Facebook Removes Greitens'
'RINO-Hunting' Campaign Video
Jun 21, 2022 12:53 AM CDT
Facebook Removes Greitens' 'RINO-Hunting' Campaign Video
The former Missouri governor also urges people to "join the MAGA crowd"
Facebook on Monday removed a controversial campaign video from Missouri GOP Senate candidate Eric Greitens in which he hunts "RINOs" (Republicans In Name Only) and urges others to do the same. Per the AP , Facebook said the video was removed "for violating our policies prohibiting violence and...
Mar 29, 2022 12:56 AM CDT
Beer Heiress Enters Missouri Senate Race
As Republicans continue pushing Eric Greitens to drop out
- Anheuser-Busch beer heiress Trudy Busch Valentine on Monday filed to run for US Senate as a Democrat in Missouri, the AP reports. Valentine’s entrance to the race comes days after Republican candidate Eric Greitens was accused of physically assaulting members of his family, which added fresh urgency to a...
Ex-Governor of Missouri
Urged to Quit Senate Race
After Abuse Allegations
Mar 21, 2022 6:55 PM CDT
Ex-Governor of Missouri Urged to Quit Senate Race After Abuse Allegations
Ex-wife accuses Eric Greitens of 'coercive and unstable behavior'
- Eric Greitens, who resigned as Missouri governor amid multiple scandals in 2018, was urged to end his campaign for US Senate on Monday after another scandal surfaced. In court papers, Sheena Greitens, the Republican candidate's former wife, accused him of being physically abusive toward her and their children, the...
Man Who Pulled Gun on
Protesters Has Big News
May 19, 2021 10:20 AM CDT
Man Who Pulled Gun on Protesters Has Big News
St. Louis' Mark McCloskey is running for Senate, decrying 'cancel culture' and 'lie of systemic racism'
- One half of the couple who brandished guns at racial injustice protesters outside their St. Louis mansion last year is now running for Senate. Personal injury lawyer Mark McCloskey, a Republican, announced his candidacy Tuesday during an interview with Fox News' Tucker Carlson. "God came knocking on my door...
Greitens to Test
Mar 23, 2021 2:52 PM CDT
After Resigning in Disgrace, Greitens to Test Trump Theory
Former governor will ask Missouri GOP to overlook accusations
- Republican voters in Missouri will have to decide whether a sex scandal should disqualify Eric Greitens from office, or whether he'll enjoy the immunity that Donald Trump was afforded, NBC reports. Greitens, who resigned as governor in 2018 after accusations of campaign finance violations and sexual misconduct, has announced...
May 29, 2018 4:58 PM CDT
Missouri Governor Resigns Amid Multiple Scandals
Resignation is effective Friday
- Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens, a sometimes brash outsider whose unconventional resume as a Rhodes Scholar and Navy SEAL officer made him a rising star in Republican politics, abruptly announced his resignation Tuesday after a scandal involving an affair with his former hairdresser led to a broader investigation by prosecutors and...
Charge Dropped Against
Embattled Missouri Governor
May 14, 2018 7:00 PM CDT
Charge Dropped Against Embattled Missouri Governor
Prosecutors on Monday abruptly dropped an invasion-of-privacy charge against Eric Greitens
- Prosecutors on Monday abruptly dropped an invasion-of-privacy charge against Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens but said they still hope to pursue a case against him for allegedly taking a revealing photo of a woman with whom he has acknowledged having an affair. Greitens, who has long denied any criminal wrongdoing, emerged...
Concerns About Governor
Spur Historic Move in Missouri
May 4, 2018 12:52 AM CDT
Concerns About Governor Spur Historic Move in Missouri
Lawmakers call special session to consider impeaching Gov. Eric Greitens
- In a historic move, Missouri lawmakers announced Thursday that they are calling themselves into a special session later this month to consider impeaching Gov. Eric Greitens following allegations of sexual misconduct and misuse of charity resources for his political campaign. Republican House and Senate leaders said they had gathered more...
New Felony Charge for
Beleaguered Mo. Governor
Apr 21, 2018 5:30 AM CDT
New Felony Charge for Beleaguered Mo. Governor
Eric Greitens says computer tampering charge is a continued 'smear' against him
- St. Louis prosecutors on Friday charged Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens with a felony for using a charity donor list for his 2016 political campaign, adding to the woes of the first-term GOP governor. The charge of tampering with computer data is in addition to an earlier charge alleging Greitens took...
The Plot Thickens for
Embattled Missouri Governor
Apr 18, 2018 4:21 AM CDT
The Plot Thickens for Embattled Missouri Governor
Eric Greitens could face 2nd felony charge
- Missouri's top Republican legislative leaders abandoned GOP Gov. Eric Greitens on Tuesday, calling on him to resign instead of continuing to fight allegations that he illegally took advantage of both a charity he founded and a woman with whom he had an affair. Greitens already is facing a May...
Report: Missouri Gov. Initiated
Unwanted Sexual Encounters
Apr 12, 2018 2:27 AM CDT
Report: Missouri Gov. Initiated Unwanted Sexual Encounters
Panel is looking into impeachment
- Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens initiated a physically aggressive unwanted sexual encounter with his hairdresser and threatened to distribute a partially nude photo of her if she spoke about it, according to testimony from the woman released Wednesday by a House investigatory committee. The graphic report details multiple instances in which...
Missouri Gov. Indicted Over
Alleged Compromising Photo
Feb 22, 2018 6:28 PM CST
Missouri Gov. Indicted Over Alleged Compromising Photo
Eric Greitens denies blackmailing woman with whom he had affair
- A St. Louis grand jury has indicted Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens on a felony invasion of privacy charge for allegedly taking a compromising photo of a woman with whom he had an affair in 2015, the city circuit attorney's office said Thursday. St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner launched...
Jan 11, 2018 6:10 AM CST
Missouri Gov. Admits Affair, Denies Blackmail
'It was a deeply personal mistake'
- Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens acknowledges he was "unfaithful" in his marriage but denies allegations that he blackmailed the woman he had an affair with to stay quiet, the AP reports. The Republican governor and his wife, Sheena, released a joint statement Wednesday night after KMOV reported that Greitens had...
America Has a
Dec 11, 2017 9:25 AM CST
America Has a New 'Governator'
Eric Greitens of Missouri is a former Navy SEAL who doesn't mind touting his physical feats
- Rappelling into a bull-riding rodeo event, crawling through dirt in a SWAT obstacle course, and entering a burning building with firefighters. These could be action movie stunts by Arnold Schwarzenegger, but they were all done by another governor earning a reputation for public displays of physical prowess: Eric Greitens of...
Popular on Newser
Philadelphia Cuts Down Brewery's Entire Hop Crop
US Has Been Quietly Warning Russia Not to Go Nuclear
Captain Who Fatally Cut Parasail Line Arrested
Dow Closes at New Low for 2022
Taylor Swift Fans Read Between Lines on NFL News
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.