Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
in Attack on
Nov 10, 2023 1:45 PM CST
Suspect Arrested in Attack on Former Senator
Martha McSally reported that she was sexually assaulted while running along Missouri River in Iowa
- An arrest has been made in the sexual assault reported in Iowa this week by former US Sen. Martha McSally. Police in Omaha, Nebraska, said they took the 25-year-old into custody after officers saw him about 3:20am Friday. The man, who lives in the Nebraska town of Papillion, will...
The Scenario in Which Kelly
Could Stop Trump's Pick
Sep 20, 2020 8:17 AM CDT
The Scenario in Which Kelly Could Stop Trump's Pick
Arizona's race is a special election, and GOP agrees winner can take office quickly
- "I believe the people elected to the presidency and Senate in November should fill this vacancy," Arizona Democrat Mark Kelly said in a statement Saturday about choosing the next US Supreme Court justice. Similar statements by other Senate candidates this fall wouldn't mean much, because they wouldn'...
McSally Slams CNN, but
Gets Pressed on Fox News
Jan 17, 2020 11:38 AM CST
McSally Slams CNN, but Gets Pressed on Fox News
Her 'liberal hack' slam is still making headlines
- Republican Sen. Martha McSally made some impeachment news of her own Thursday when she rejected a question from CNN reporter Manu Raju and called him a "liberal hack." The conservative Arizona senator even tweeted a video of their exchange, in which Raju attempted to ask her in a...
Sen. McSally Out to Make
Domestic Terror Punishable
Aug 14, 2019 12:40 PM CDT
Sen. McSally Out to Make Domestic Terror Punishable
It's not currently a punishable federal crime
- "For too long we have allowed those who commit heinous acts of domestic terrorism to be charged with related crimes that don’t portray the full scope of their hateful actions," says GOP Sen. Martha McSally. And so on Wednesday she revealed she plans to do something about...
Sen. McSally: I Was Raped by
Superior Officer in the Air Force
Mar 6, 2019 3:27 PM CST
Sen. McSally: I Was Raped by Superior Officer in the Air Force
Arizona Republican speaks out at Senate hearing on sexual assault in the armed forces
- Sen. Martha McSally, the first female fighter pilot to fly in combat, said Wednesday that she was raped in the Air Force by a superior officer, the AP reports. The Arizona Republican, a 26-year military veteran, made the disclosure at a Senate hearing on the armed services' efforts to prevent...
He Once Set His
Sights on Stars.
Now, the Senate
Feb 12, 2019 9:10 AM CST
He Once Set His Sights on Stars. Now, the Senate
Retired astronaut Mark Kelly to run for US Senate out of Arizona
- Retired astronaut Mark Kelly has announced his "next mission"—and it's an ambitious, albeit earthbound, one. "I care about people. I care about the state of Arizona. I care about this nation. So because of that, I've decided I'm launching a campaign for the...
Will End Up
Dec 18, 2018 11:24 AM CST
GOP's McSally Will End Up in Senate After All
She is appointed to fill John McCain's seat until a special election in 2020
- Arizona's governor has named Rep. Martha McSally to replace Jon Kyl in the Senate seat that once belonged to John McCain, the AP reports. Republican Gov. Doug Ducey announced Tuesday that McSally will take over for Kyl, who was appointed after McCain's death from brain cancer in August...
She Lost Race
for Senate. Now,
Dec 14, 2018 11:00 AM CST
She Lost Race for Senate. Now, New Door May Open
Arizona governor has to pick a senator, and Rep. Martha McSally is a top contender
- Rising GOP star Martha McSally lost a close race for the Senate in November, but the Arizona congresswoman may end up joining the new crop of senators anyway. McSally is considered a top contender to be appointed to a suddenly vacant Senate seat in her home state, reports the Hill...
Could Still Get
a Senate Seat
Nov 14, 2018 6:33 AM CST
Defeated Republican Could Still Get a Senate Seat
Supporters want Martha McSally appointed to John McCain's old seat
- After it became clear that Democrat Kyrsten Sinema had an insurmountable lead in the Arizona Senate race, Republican Martha McSally delivered a gracious concession speech —so gracious that she might end up in the Senate after all. Arizona's other Senate seat is currently held by Republican Sen. Jon...
Senator Since 1994
Nov 13, 2018 12:15 AM CST
Arizona Has First Democratic Senator Since 1994
Republican Martha McSally concedes to Kyrsten Sinema
- Democrat Kyrsten Sinema won Arizona's open US Senate seat Monday in a race that was among the most closely watched in the nation, beating Republican Rep. Martha McSally in the battle to replace GOP Sen. Jeff Flake. The three-term House lawmaker won after a slow vote count that dragged...
Lead Is Now
Nov 12, 2018 4:03 AM CST
Ariz. Democrat's Lead Is Now 'Insurmountable'
Kyrsten Sinema will be state's next senator, campaign says
- With more than 210,000 votes still to be counted in Arizona's Senate race, anything could still happen—but it's not looking promising for Republican candidate Martha McSally. According to an update released Sunday evening, Democrat Kyrsten Sinema is now 32,640 votes ahead of McSally, with 49....
Major Update Delivered
in Arizona Senate Race
Nov 9, 2018 12:40 AM CST
Major Update Delivered in Arizona Senate Race
Democrat Krysten Sinema has edged ahead
- Democratic candidate Krysten Sinema has edged ahead of Republican rival Martha McSally in Arizona, one of three states where Senate races are still undecided. The state's first major update since election night said Sinema was leading with 49.10%, or 932,870 votes, while McSally was at 48.59%...
Into Sex at 17
Apr 24, 2018 5:03 AM CDT
Arizona Rep. Alleges Coach Pressured Her Into Sex at 17
Martha McSally is running for Jeff Flake's Senate seat
- Arizona Rep. Martha McSally says she is where she is today because of a violation. The Republican, who is gunning for Jeff Flake's Senate seat, tells the
Wall Street Journal
her high-school track coach at St. Mary Academy-Bay View in Riverside, RI, sexually abused her during her senior year,...
New Entrant Joins Volatile
Arizona Senate Race
Jan 12, 2018 10:56 AM CST
New Entrant Joins Volatile Arizona Senate Race
Rep. Martha McSally, a Trump backer, tells GOP to 'grow a pair of ovaries'
- Republican congresswoman Martha McSally called on the national GOP to "grow a pair of ovaries" as she launched her Senate bid Friday, joining the race to replace retiring GOP Sen. Jeff Flake by embracing President Trump and his outsider playbook in one of the nation's premier contests. Like...
Popular on Newser
Judge Sentences Woman to Work in Fast-Food Restaurant
UNLV Shooter Was a 67-Year-Old Professor: Sources
Congress' $7.5B for EV Chargers Has Yielded Zero Chargers
Gunman Kills 3 at UNLV, Critically Wounds Another
This Could Be Behind 'Mystery' Dog Illnesses
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.