Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Reelected GOP Chair Says
This Term Is Her Last
Jan 28, 2023 12:40 PM CST
Reelected GOP Chair Says This Term Is Her Last
Vote on Ronna McDaniel reflected divisions in party leadership
- After winning reelection by a divided Republican National Committee, Chair Ronna McDaniel said she won't do that again. "This is my last term as chair," McDaniel told Fox News , adding, "It's done." McDaniel said she wants to continue her work on voter registration and...
Fighting to Keep
Jan 23, 2023 1:50 PM CST
RNC Leader Fighting to Keep Her Job This Week
Ronna McDaniel expects to survive secret ballot for party's national committee
- By week's end, the Republican National Committee is set to resolve a leadership feud that has exposed divisions within the party, per the AP . Those inside the fight believe the days ahead of Friday's secret ballot could get even uglier as rebel forces within former President Trump's...
Oct 28, 2022 1:34 AM CDT
Ronna McDaniel Mocks Fetterman, Biden Over Speaking Abilities
RNC chair made the same joke twice during interview
- Ronna McDaniel, chair of the Republican National Committee, did not have anything nice to say when it came to John Fetterman, President Biden, and their respective speaking abilities. During an interview with syndicated radio host Hugh Hewitt, the subject of Biden's plans to appear at a campaign event Friday...
GOP Pulls Out of Future Debates
Apr 14, 2022 7:08 PM CDT
GOP Pulls Out of Future Debates
Party wants changes in presidential campaign events after Trump complained
- The Republican National Committee had been warning for months about no longer participating in the presidential debates organized by the commission that's held them since 1988. Spurred on by former President Donald Trump, Republicans have picked up their criticism of the Commission on Presidential Debates as biased toward Democrats,...
GOP Censured 2 of Its Own,
and a Backlash Is Growing
Feb 8, 2022 10:25 AM CST
GOP Censured 2 of Its Own, and a Backlash Is Growing
Lindsey Graham is among those accusing the RNC of looking backward instead of forward
- The Republican National Committee's decision to censure two lawmakers from its own party is not sitting well with some big-name Republicans. Coverage in multiple outlets quotes GOP members of Congress who say the strike against Reps. Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger was misguided and could potentially hurt a party...
GOP Censures Kinzinger,
Cheney for Investigating Riot
Feb 4, 2022 1:56 PM CST
GOP Censures Kinzinger, Cheney for Investigating Riot
Republican governor calls it a sad day for the party
- The two GOP members of the House committee investigating the Capitol riot have been punished by their party. A resolution to censure Reps. Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger passed, without debate, on a one-sided voice vote Friday at a meeting of the Republican National Committee, the
to Drop Out
Jan 13, 2022 5:05 PM CST
GOP Moves to Drop Out of Debates
Party considers making candidates sign a pledge to stay out of commission's events
- GOP unhappiness with the commission that runs the presidential debates reached a peak Thursday, when the Republican National Committee told the nonprofit it wants its candidates to sit out the event in the future. The committee told the nonprofit in a letter that it plans to require its candidates to...
Needs to Fix
Jun 2, 2021 8:27 AM CDT
RNC: Presidential Debates Group Needs to Fix 'Intolerable' Situation
Chair McDaniel says if debates aren't made more 'fair,' she'll advise GOP nominees not to take part
- The 2024 election is still awhile off, but the Republican National Committee is already making demands regarding that year's presidential debates. On Tuesday, RNC Chair Ronna McDaniel sent a letter to the Commission on Presidential Debates saying that big changes are needed for both the format of the debates...
Wants to Flee
Form 3rd Party
Feb 11, 2021 9:55 AM CST
Report: Group Wants to Flee 'Extremist' GOP, Form 3rd Party
Evan McMullin tells outlets about anti-Trump idea
- Just how divided is the Republican Party? Divided enough that some 50 former Republican officials are on board to form a third US political party to serve as a counter to a GOP under the thumb of a wannabe autocrat, according to Reuters . The outlet cites "four people involved...
Georgia Republicans Worried
About Trump's Message
Dec 1, 2020 10:20 AM CST
Georgia Republicans Worried About Trump's Message
They fear his claims of election fraud will depress GOP turnout in Senate runoffs
- President Trump's insistence that the election was rigged appears to be having an unintended effect in Georgia: Republicans are voicing concerns that his angry supporters won't turn out to vote in next month's two runoff races for the Senate because they see it as futile. Coverage:
Dems to Delegates:
Don't Go to the Convention
Jul 17, 2020 7:21 AM CDT
Dems to Delegates: Don't Go to the Convention
Democrats go virtual; Republicans not so much
- Senate and House Democrats are being urged not to attend next month's Democratic National Convention in Wisconsin, where Joe Biden will be officially named as nominee. Senior adviser for Congressional affairs Chasseny Lewis sent an email to congressional chiefs of staff Thursday, saying members "should not plan to...
Campaign Says Ticket Demand
for Trump Rally Is a Record
Jun 15, 2020 4:28 PM CDT
Campaign Says Ticket Demand for Trump Rally Is a Record
Brad Parscale: More than 1M ticket requests have been received for Tulsa event
- President Trump's campaign manager says there have been more than 1 million ticket requests for the rally Saturday in Tulsa. That's not going to work: The arena holds about 20,000. Brad Parscale, who announced the ticket news in a tweet , did not say how the campaign will...
RNC Chair Not Happy
With Her Uncle Mitt
Jan 2, 2019 11:25 AM CST
RNC Chair Not Happy With Her Uncle Mitt
Ronna McDaniel rebukes Romney after his op-ed criticizing President Trump
- Like the president, the chairwoman of the Republican National Committee finds fault with an op-ed critical of Trump penned by Utah senator-elect Mitt Romney—who just so happens to be her uncle. "POTUS is attacked and obstructed by the [mainstream] media and Democrats 24/7. For an incoming Republican freshman...
So What Exactly
Is 'Shadow Banning'?
Jul 26, 2018 11:05 AM CDT
So What Exactly Is 'Shadow Banning'?
Trump says White House will look into whether Twitter is treating conservatives unfairly
- President Trump said Thursday the White House will look into complaints that Twitter is treating conservatives unfairly by limiting their voice on the platform. "Twitter 'SHADOW BANNING' prominent Republicans," he tweeted . "Not good. We will look into this discriminatory and illegal practice at once! Many complaints....
RNC Makes a Big Bet on 2018
Apr 15, 2018 6:51 AM CDT
RNC Makes a Big Bet on 2018
GOP is dropping $250M on strategy to hold House majority at all costs
- The Republican National Committee has committed $250 million to a midterm election strategy that has one goal above all: Preserve the House majority for the rest of President Trump's first term. Facing the prospect of a blue wave, the White House's political arm is devoting unprecedented resources to...
Popular on Newser
Cops Warn About New iPhone Feature, Experts Say to Chill
George Santos Is Expelled From Congress
Santos: 'I No Longer Have to Answer a Single Question'
Report: Israel Had Details of Hamas Attack for Over a Year
Bad News for Trump on Jan. 6 Civil Suits
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.