Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Before Killing 4
Pot Farm Workers
Dec 6, 2022 1:24 AM CST
Man Allegedly Demanded $300K Before Killing 4 Pot Farm Workers
Wu Chen was charged Friday, and prosecutors are arguing for no bond
- The man charged with "executing" four people at an illegal pot farm in Oklahoma last month first held workers at the farm at gunpoint and demanded they give him $300,000, which he referred to as a return on his investment in the industrial-scale grow operation, prosecutors say. Wu...
Country Singer, 37, Dies in
His Sleep on Wedding Night
Nov 30, 2022 9:16 AM CST
Country Singer, 37, Dies in His Sleep on Wedding Night
Oklahoma's Jake Flint looked happy and healthy hours earlier
- Country music singer Jake Flint got married Saturday on what was arguably the greatest day of his life. It was also the last. The 37-year-old Oklahoma native simply didn't wake up Sunday. "I don't understand," his bride and widow Brenda Wilson wrote on Facebook, where she...
After 4 'Executions'
on Pot Farm, an Arrest
Nov 22, 2022 11:30 PM CST
After 4 'Executions' on Pot Farm, an Arrest
Police in Oklahoma say victims were Chinese citizens
- Police say the suspect in the killings of four people at a marijuana farm in Oklahoma has been arrested in South Florida. The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation said Tuesday evening in a post on Facebook that Wu Chen was taken into custody without incident in the afternoon by officers...
Cops: 4 People 'Executed' at
Oklahoma Marijuana Farm
Nov 22, 2022 4:56 PM CST
Cops: 4 People 'Executed' at Oklahoma Marijuana Farm
All 4 were Chinese citizens, authorities say
- Four people killed at an Oklahoma marijuana farm over the weekend were "executed," state police said Tuesday. Investigators also said the dead were Chinese citizens. The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation said three men and one woman were slain on the 10-acre farm west of Hennessey, about 55...
'Today's a Day for Adam,'
Child's Killer Says at Execution
Nov 18, 2022 3:53 AM CST
'Today's a Day for Adam,' Child's Killer Says at Execution
Oklahoma executes Richard Stephen Fairchild for 1993 murder of 3-year-old
- Oklahoma executed a man Thursday for the torture slaying of his girlfriend’s 3-year-old son in 1993, the third of four scheduled executions in the US over a two-day stretch. Richard Stephen Fairchild, who turned 63 on Thursday, received a lethal three-drug combination at the Oklahoma State Penitentiary in McAlester....
Havoc in 2 States
Nov 5, 2022 10:45 AM CDT
Tornadoes Wreak Havoc in 2 States
At least one person is dead and dozens hurt in Texas, Oklahoma after bout of extreme weather
- Tornadoes tore through parts of Texas and Oklahoma on Friday, killing at least one person, injuring dozens of others, and leaving dozens of homes and buildings in ruins. Tornadoes hit hard in McCurtain County, Okla., in the southeastern corner of the state. Cody McDaniel, the county's emergency manager, confirmed...
8 Found Dead in Burning
Oct 28, 2022 3:00 AM CDT
8 Found Dead in Burning Oklahoma House
Homicide suspected in Broken Arrow tragedy
- Eight people were found dead Thursday in a burning Tulsa-area house in what was being investigated as multiple homicides, police said. The fire was reported about 4pm Thursday in a quiet residential area of Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, 13 miles southeast of Tulsa, the AP reports. Broken Arrow police said that...
Oct 20, 2022 2:58 PM CDT
Oklahoma Executes Man Who Killed Infant Daughter
Attorneys for Benjamin Cole argued he was mentally ill
- Oklahoma executed inmate Benjamin Cole on Thursday morning despite claims from his attorneys that he had been severely mentally ill. Cole was pronounced dead at 10:22am at Oklahoma’s state penitentiary in McAlester, per the AP . He was the sixth Oklahoma inmate to be put to death since the...
Person of Interest in Okmulgee
Quadruple Murder Is Found
Oct 18, 2022 3:29 PM CDT
Person of Interest in Okmulgee Quadruple Murder Is Found
Joe Kennedy owns scrapyard near where police believe victims were shot, dismembered
- A person of interest in the murders of four Oklahoma men has been arrested in Florida. Joe Kennedy, owner of a salvage yard in Okmulgee, 38 miles south of Tulsa, was arrested in Daytona Beach Shores. Police found in him in a vehicle that had been reported stolen to the...
Person of Interest Named
After Remains of 4 Men Found
Oct 17, 2022 2:25 PM CDT
Person of Interest Named After Remains of 4 Men Found
Police trying to find the owner of an Oklahoma scrapyard where the victims were shot
Police are now calling the discovery of four bodies in Oklahoma a quadruple homicide, and they have named a person of interest in the case. Authorities in Okmulgee say the four adult male friends, including two brothers, were killed at a local scrapyard, dismembered, and thrown in a river,...
Man Clings to Back of
Semi-Truck for 130 Miles
Oct 5, 2022 1:51 PM CDT
Man Clings to Back of Semi-Truck for 130 Miles
Dustin Slocum was charged with joyriding, public intoxication
- A Kansas man has been charged with joyriding, but his ride doesn't sound like a joyful one. Police say Dustin Slocum climbed onto the back of a tractor-trailer at a shipping yard in Wichita and held on to a door bar for a 130-mile journey down Interstate 35. The...
Is Going On
in case you missed it
Sep 10, 2022 7:15 AM CDT
Anchor's Live Report: 'Something Is Going On With Me'
Turns out KJRH's Julie Chin was suffering 'beginnings of a stroke' on the air
- A news anchor in Oklahoma who stumbled over her words during a live news broadcast last weekend she was suffering the "beginnings of a stroke." KJRH anchor Julie Chin said she "felt great" ahead of the newscast but suddenly experienced symptoms that "seemed to have come...
Bad News for Oklahoma
Murder Convict of Netflix Fame
Aug 30, 2022 11:55 AM CDT
Bad News for Oklahoma Murder Convict of Netflix Fame
Tommy Ward's 1989 conviction in murder of Donna Haraway is reinstated
- The murder conviction of a prisoner featured in the Netflix documentary series
The Innocent Man
will stand after all because he waited too long to raise concerns about suppressed evidence, a court has ruled. Tommy Ward, convicted in the 1984 murder of 24-year-old convenience store clerk Donna Haraway in Oklahoma,...
of Parole Board
Aug 25, 2022 11:39 AM CDT
Inmate Is Executed, Despite Ruling of Parole Board
Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt let execution of James Coddington go forward
- Oklahoma executed a man Thursday for a 1997 killing, despite a recommendation from the state's Pardon and Parole Board that his life be spared. James Coddington, 50, received a lethal injection at the Oklahoma State Penitentiary in McAlester and was pronounced dead at 10:16am, per the AP . Gov....
Who Takes on
Aug 23, 2022 9:20 AM CDT
Big Primary Question: Who Takes on DeSantis?
Florida Democratic race and congressional contests in New York are in spotlight
- Tuesday is another primary day, with a handful of races in Florida and New York getting the bulk of attention. Coverage:
Democrats will pick their nominee to face Gov. Ron DeSantis in November. Congressman Charlie Crist, who previously served as governor, is running against state Agriculture Commissioner Nikki
Richard Glossip Gets
60-Day Execution Reprieve
Aug 17, 2022 12:12 AM CDT
Richard Glossip Gets 60-Day Execution Reprieve
Oklahoma governor grants it while state appeals court considers his claim
- Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt granted death row inmate Richard Glossip a 60-day stay of execution on Tuesday while a state appeals court considers his claim of innocence, the AP reports. Stitt signed an executive order delaying Glossip’s execution for the 1997 killing of Glossip's boss, motel owner Barry...
His 4th Execution Date Is Set
Even as New Evidence Surfaces
Aug 12, 2022 1:04 PM CDT
His 4th Execution Date Is Set Even as New Evidence Surfaces
Oklahoma lawmakers push for new hearing for death row inmate Richard Glossip
- In June, an outside law firm hired to review a murder case that landed a man on death row in Oklahoma concluded "no reasonable juror hearing the complete record would have convicted Richard Glossip of first-degree murder." Houston's Reed Smith found prosecutors had intentionally destroyed "key...
Ball to the Head,
Aug 10, 2022 9:30 AM CDT
Batter Takes Ball to the Head, Hugs Pitcher Responsible
Tears shed during touching moment of sportsmanship in Little League championship
- A Little League batter took a pitch to the helmet, which went flying, before dropping to the ground on Tuesday. Thankfully, Oklahoma's Isaiah Jarvis, 12, was soon back on his feet and embracing the pitcher who'd hit him. It was a touching moment, "helping to remind us...
Affidavit: Fishing Trip Turned
Deadly After Mention of Bigfoot
Jul 15, 2022 9:04 AM CDT
Affidavit: Fishing Trip Turned Deadly After Mention of Bigfoot
In bizarre Oklahoma crime, man allegedly killed friend due to fears of being fed to Sasquatch
- A weekend fishing excursion on Oklahoma's South Canadian River turned deadly, and in a bizarre twist, Bigfoot comes into play in the case. According to an arrest affidavit from the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, Larry Sanders and his buddy Jimmy Knighten set out Saturday afternoon to catch some...
Black Leader Who Fought
Trump Rally Killed in Her Home
Jul 8, 2022 12:21 AM CDT
Black Leader Who Fought Trump Rally Killed in Her Home
Sherry Gamble Smith's death believed to be a domestic incident
- A Black business leader and community activist who joined Tulsa civic leaders in fighting then-President Donald Trump's plan to hold a campaign rally on Juneteenth in a city known as the site of one of the nation's deadliest white-on-Black mob attacks has been killed in what police describe...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Cancer That Kirstie Alley Battled Is Specified
Family of Woman Beheaded by Utah Park Gate Wants $140M
Trump Organization Found Guilty of Tax Fraud
Trump Hid a Big Loan While President: Forbes
Here's How Things Look Ahead of Georgia's Runoff
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.