Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Not Sure We Needed to Know
This Superstition, Mahomes
Nov 15, 2023 11:38 AM CST
Not Sure We Needed to Know This Superstition, Mahomes
Kansas City Chiefs QB says he wears same pair of (supposedly washed) undies for every game
- In the world of professional football, there are TDs, FGs, and now, thanks to Patrick Mahomes, TMI. The Kansas City Chiefs quarterback showed up Monday on ESPN's
, hosted during
Monday Night Football
by brothers Peyton and Eli Manning, and the football veterans (and the world) found out just...
Kelce and Co. Lose Big,
Get Trolled With Taylor Swift
Oct 30, 2023 11:38 AM CDT
Kelce and Co. Lose Big, Get Trolled With Taylor Swift
Denver Broncos prove merciless in serenading KC Chiefs with 'Shake It Off'
- Taylor Swift did not show up to watch the Kansas City Chiefs lose to the Denver Broncos in a pretty major upset on Sunday. But she did show up in song, as the Broncos seized their moment of glory to do a little trolling with one of her hits. As...
The Only Woman to Attend
Every Super Bowl Has Died
Jun 5, 2023 11:33 AM CDT
The Only Woman to Attend Every Super Bowl Has Died
Chiefs co-owner Norma Hunt died at 85, was a devotee of the game
- Norma Hunt, the second wife of the late Kansas City Chiefs founder Lamar Hunt and the only woman to attend every Super Bowl, has died. She was 85. The Hunt family, which still owns the franchise, announced the passing of the Chiefs' matriarch in a statement released by the team...
Kansas City Chiefs Win
Thriller on Mahomes' Heroics
Feb 12, 2023 9:19 PM CST
Kansas City Chiefs Win Thriller on Mahomes' Heroics
KC defeats the Philadelphia Eagles, 38-35
- Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs are the winners of Super Bowl 57. Mahomes—hobbling around on a hurt ankle—led the Chiefs downfield for the winning drive that was capped by Harrison Butker’s 27-yard field goal with 8 seconds left, sealing a 38-35 victory, per the AP...
For Tom Brady, It's
Super Bowl Ring No. 7
super bowl LV
Feb 7, 2021 9:12 PM CST
For Tom Brady, It's Super Bowl Ring No. 7
Tampa Bay Buccaneers easily defeat the Kansas City Chiefs in the Super Bowl
- In the end, the much-awaited matchup wasn't much of a contest. Tom Brady won his record seventh Super Bowl Sunday as his Tampa Bay Buccaneers overpowered the Kansas City Chiefs, 31-9. The 43-year-old Brady threw for three touchdowns, including two to his old teammate on the New England Patriots,...
Before the Super Bowl,
a New Star Poet Speaks
super bowl LV
Feb 7, 2021 6:00 PM CST
Before the Super Bowl, a New Star Poet Speaks
Amanda Gorman recites a tribute to COVID heroes before kickoff
- Super Bowl LV had an unusual kickoff to the kickoff. Amanda Gorman, the 22-year-old poet who gained fame at President Biden's inauguration, recited a poem in the pregame festivities. This, as you may have guessed, is a first for the NFL, reports the
New York Times
. Called "Chorus...
Star QB's Mom Sets
NFL Announcer Straight
Sep 29, 2020 1:55 PM CDT
Star QB's Mom Sets NFL Announcer Straight
Patrick Mahomes' mother faulted ESPN announcer for calling her son 'Pat'
- Attention, NFL announcers. It's
Mahomes, not Pat Mahomes. Just ask his mother. Randi Mahomes, whose son is the superstar quarterback of the Kansas City Chiefs, was watching her boy play Monday night when she issued this tweet : "If this announcer doesn’t stop calling my son Pat....
He's the First
Player Ever in Sports
Jul 7, 2020 2:31 AM CDT
He's the First Half-Billion-Dollar Player Ever in Sports
Kansas City Chiefs agree to 10-year contract extension worth $503M for Patrick Mahomes
- The Kansas City Chiefs have agreed to a 10-year contract extension with quarterback Patrick Mahomes that is worth $503 million, making him "the first half billion dollar player in sports history," his agency tweeted . The Super Bowl MVP's contract is the richest-ever not just at the NFL...
to Losing QB
Jan 21, 2019 9:50 AM CST
Tom Brady's 'Classy' Gesture to Losing QB
Patriots star went to Chiefs' locker room to speak to Patrick Mahomes after game
- Classic game, "classy" gesture afterward. When the Patriots beat the Chiefs in overtime to reach the Super Bowl, Tom Brady made an unusual move in regard to opposing quarterback Patrick Mahomes. Reporter Jeff Darlington of ESPN tweeted that "Brady just quietly approached a security guard waiting outside the...
Popular on Newser
Red Lobster Misjudged Diners' Hunger for Endless Shrimp
On the Day the Rats Arrived, He Filled 18 Bags With Bodies
Investigation Lobs Disturbing Allegations Against Candy Giant
UN Has Harsh Words for Iran Over Child's Execution
Henry Kissinger Dies at 100
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.