Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
That's Not What He Meant
on Constitution, Trump Says
Dec 5, 2022 6:35 PM CST
That's Not What He Meant on Constitution, Trump Says
Pence criticizes statement by his former running mate
- After drawing widespread condemnation over his call to sideline the Constitution , former President Donald Trump maintained Monday that that's not what he meant. "The Fake News is actually trying to convince the American People that I said I wanted to 'terminate' the Constitution. This is simply more...
Pence: 'We Will Have Better
Choices' Than Trump
Nov 17, 2022 7:10 PM CST
Pence: 'We Will Have Better Choices' Than Trump
Former VP says voters want 'new leadership' in 2024
- Former Vice President Mike Pence said Wednesday that voters are "looking for new leadership" following the disappointing midterm elections for Republicans, who are now openly debating whether his onetime boss, Donald Trump, should maintain a leading role in the party. In an interview with the AP , Pence implicitly positioned...
Jan. 6 Tweet
Nov 14, 2022 8:27 AM CST
Pence: Trump's Jan. 6 Tweet About Me 'Angered' Me
Former VP tells ABC that former president's actions during Capitol riot were 'reckless'
- Mike Pence hasn't said much about what happened on Jan. 6, 2021, specifically on how he felt about former President Trump's remarks before and during the riot at the US Capitol. That changed over the weekend with the release of part of an interview the ex-vice president gave...
Pence Is Asked
Vote for Trump
Oct 20, 2022 11:28 AM CDT
Pence Is Asked Whether He'd Vote for Trump
Former VP dodges the question with a joke
- Mike Pence spoke at Georgetown University on Wednesday night, and an audience member asked him a blunt question: If Donald Trump is the GOP nominee, will Pence vote for him? The former VP paused, then drew laughter with his response: "There might be somebody else I'd prefer more,...
Book: Trump Wanted to Trade
Puerto Rico for Greenland
Sep 15, 2022 2:42 PM CDT
Book: Trump Wanted to Trade Puerto Rico for Greenland
Idea to purchase Danish territory wasn't actually his, according to reporters
- In an interview for a new book, Donald Trump insisted the idea to buy Greenland from Denmark was all his. Looking at a map, the president wondered, "Why don't we have that?" Trump told husband-and-wife journalists Peter Baker of the
New York Times
and Susan Glasser of the...
on Whether He
Info Upon Exit
Aug 20, 2022 6:00 AM CDT
Pence Grilled on Whether He Took Classified Info Upon Exit
'No, not to my knowledge,' former VP told the AP
- Former Vice President Mike Pence said Friday that he didn't take any classified information with him when he left office. The disclosure—which would typically be unremarkable for a former vice president—is notable given that FBI agents seized classified and top secret information from his former boss's...
Pence Would 'Consider' an
Invite From Jan. 6 Committee
Aug 17, 2022 11:20 AM CDT
Pence Would 'Consider' an Invite From Jan. 6 Committee
Though he said it would be 'unprecedented' for a VP to be summoned
- Former Vice President Mike Pence spoke in New Hampshire on Wednesday, and comments he made on two topics are getting some attention.
On Mar-a-Lago FBI search:
"We can hold the attorney general accountable for the decision he made without attacking the rank-and-file law enforcement personnel at the FBI,"
Pence: I Agree With Trump
on Issues, Not 'Focus'
Jul 26, 2022 1:14 PM CDT
Pence: I Agree With Trump on Issues, Not 'Focus'
Pair both have DC speeches on Tuesday
- In a speech Tuesday in DC, Mike Pence told the Young America’s Foundation conference that “some people may choose to focus on the past, but elections are about the future.” It was a not-so-veiled reference to his former boss’s obsession over the 2020 election, per Axios,...
Marc Short Testifies
Before Jan. 6 Grand Jury
Jul 26, 2022 8:24 AM CDT
Marc Short Testifies Before Jan. 6 Grand Jury
He, Greg Jacob are highest-ranking administration officials to comply with DOJ
- Two top aides to former Vice President Mike Pence have testified in front of a federal grand jury in Washington investigating Jan. 6, 2021. Marc Short, Pence's former chief of staff, and Greg Jacob, his former counsel, appeared before the grand jury last week, making them the highest-ranking officials...
Witness: Pence Security Team
Called Family to Say Goodbye
Jul 21, 2022 9:01 PM CDT
Witness: Pence Security Team Called Family to Say Goodbye
Agents feared for their lives on Jan. 6, witness tells panel
- Just how dicey did things get in regard to Mike Pence on Jan. 6, 2021? Members of the vice president's Secret Service security team "were starting to fear for their own lives," a witness whose identity was not revealed told the panel, per CNN . "There were...
Trump's White House Counsel:
My Pleas Went Unheeded
Jul 21, 2022 8:16 PM CDT
Trump's White House Counsel: My Pleas Went Unheeded
Pat Cipollone says he pushed on Jan. 6 for the president to address rioters early
- In making the case that then-President Trump ignored the pleas of top aides to intervene in the riot, the Jan. 6 panel played testimony from former White House counsel Pat Cipollone, notes the Hill .
“I think I was pretty clear there needed to be an immediate and forceful response,
Ahead of Ariz. Primary,
a Trump-Pence Split
Jul 19, 2022 10:00 AM CDT
Ahead of Ariz. Primary, a Trump-Pence Split
They're each backing different Republican gubernatorial candidates in that state
- Former Vice President Mike Pence is again butting heads with his former boss, this time in the Arizona gubernatorial race. With two weeks left until the Aug. 2 primary, Pence endorsed Republican Karrin Taylor Robson on Monday and is to campaign on her behalf on Friday, reports Politico . Former President...
Jan. 6 Panel:
Jun 20, 2022 10:59 AM CDT
Jan. 6 Panel: Mike Pence Subpoena Is Possible
Committee resumes its hearings on Tuesday
- Members of the House committee investigating the Capitol riot say they may subpoena former Vice President Mike Pence and are waiting to formally hear from Virginia "Ginni" Thomas about her efforts to overturn the 2020 election. "We're not taking anything off the table in terms of witnesses...
Witnesses: Trump Called
Pence a Wimp, 'P-Word'
Jun 17, 2022 5:16 AM CDT
Witnesses: Trump Called Pence a Wimp, 'P-Word'
Then-VP was 'steely, determined, grim' after 'heated' Jan. 6 call
- Witnesses heard at Thursday's Jan. 6 hearing said they could only hear one side of a "heated" phone call between then-President Trump and then-vice president Mike Pence—but it was clear just how much relations between the men had deteriorated amid Trump's last-ditch effort to block President...
'Our Democracy Came
... Close to Catastrophe'
Jun 16, 2022 2:20 PM CDT
'Our Democracy Came ... Close to Catastrophe'
Jan. 6 chair Bennie Thompson praises Mike Pence's defiance of Trump
- Day Three of the Jan. 6 hearings has put the focus squarely on Mike Pence. More specifically, on the pressure former President Trump placed on Pence to prevent the election results from being certified—and the vice president's refusal to do so. During the Capitol breach, rioters famously erected...
of Voter Fraud
Jun 11, 2022 9:15 AM CDT
Pence's Legal Team Rebuffed Trump's Claims of Voter Fraud
According to Jan. 1, 2021, memo from former VP's legal team obtained by Politico
- Relations have seemed, well, strained between former President Donald Trump and Mike Pence, who served as his vice president, ever since Pence refused to go along with Trump's plan to block the certification of the 2020 election results on Jan. 6, 2021. Now, perhaps some more context behind that...
Day Before Riot, Pence Aide
Warned Secret Service
Jun 3, 2022 2:00 PM CDT
Day Before Riot, Pence Aide Warned Secret Service
Chief of staff feared violent reaction to Trump's criticism over election certification
- Vice President Mike Pence's chief of staff wasn't sure what was going to happen on Jan. 6, 2021. But he knew President Trump was about to publicly denounce Pence for not trying to block Congress from certifying Joe Biden's electoral victory in the presidential election, and he...
Mike Pence Talks
2024 Plans, Trump
May 24, 2022 12:27 AM CDT
Mike Pence Talks 2024 Plans, Trump
Former VP says he could run for president—even against Trump
- Asked by the
New York Times
in a recent interview whether he'd run for president in 2024 even if former President Trump decides to run, Mike Pence wouldn't rule it out. "We’ll go where we’re called," he said of himself and his wife, with...
Pence Enters Campaign
on Wrong Side of Trump
May 13, 2022 5:30 PM CDT
Pence Enters Campaign on Wrong Side of Trump
Former vice president to appear in Georgia for Gov. Brian Kemp, while Trump backs David Perdue
- Mike Pence is joining other national Republican figures supporting Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp in his reelection campaign. But the name that stands out is a national Republican who opposes Kemp: former President Trump. In another indicator of the break between Trump and his former vice president, Kemp's campaign announced...
May 7, 2022 6:00 AM CDT
Report: DOD 'Vehemently' Objected to Passage in Esper Book
Pentagon didn't want ex-defense secretary to write about Trump wanting to fire missiles into Mexico
The Defense Department vetted all relevant claims Mark Esper made in his upcoming memoir, but it apparently wasn't thrilled with some of them. In fact, sources tell CNN Business that Pentagon officials were "vehemently" against the former defense secretary writing about then-President Trump suggesting in 2020 that...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Cancer That Kirstie Alley Battled Is Specified
Trump Organization Found Guilty of Tax Fraud
Anne Heche's Final Autopsy Results Released
Family of Woman Beheaded by Utah Park Gate Wants $140M
Polygamous Leader Had 'Wives' as Young as 9: FBI
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.