Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Gets 20 Months
Jun 29, 2022 6:30 PM CDT
Giuliani Ally Gets 20 Months
Fraud was 'a way of life' for Lev Parnas
: Lev Parnas, an associate of Rudy Giuliani who was a figure in former President Donald Trump's first impeachment investigation, was sentenced Wednesday to a year and eight months in prison for fraud and campaign finance crimes by a judge who said fraud had become “a way of...
Igor Fruman Sentenced: 'Shame
That Will Live With Me Forever'
Jan 22, 2022 5:30 AM CST
Igor Fruman Sentenced: 'Shame That Will Live With Me Forever'
Fla. man who helped Giuliani try to get dirt on Joe Biden sentenced to one year in foreign donor case
- A Florida man who helped Rudy Giuliani seek damaging information against Joe Biden in Ukraine was sentenced to a year and a day in prison and fined $10,000 Friday in an unrelated campaign finance case. Igor Fruman was told to report to prison March 14, per the AP . He...
Sep 17, 2020 5:30 PM CDT
Lev Parnas Faces Ironic New Charges
The former Rudy Giuliani associate is accused of defrauding investors in fraud protection company
- Lev Parnas is back in the media eye and facing new federal charges—this time, for allegedly defrauding investors with a company he started called Fraud Guarantee, NBC News reports. "We couldn't say it better ourselves—the behavior alleged today is indeed fraudulent—guaranteed," said FBI Assistant...
Trump Made Telling
Remark About Bernie
Jan 26, 2020 4:15 PM CST
Trump Made Telling Remark About Bernie
The president says he's glad Hillary Clinton didn't pick Sanders as a running mate
- Hillary Clinton isn't exactly bursting with Bernie love—and for President Trump, that could be a bonus. In a recording of a private 2018 dinner, Trump says Clinton might have been harder to beat in 2016 if she had chosen Bernie Sanders as her running mate,
Jan 24, 2020 2:10 PM CST
ABC: Trump Orders Envoy Fired in Recording
'Get rid of her! Get her out tomorrow. ... Take her out,' president seemingly said of ex-ambassador
- President Trump has repeatedly said he doesn't know Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, two associates of Rudy Giuliani who helped the ex-mayor investigate Joe Biden in Ukraine, and who were arrested in October . Parnas has since said he feels betrayed by Trump, which prompted him to turn over a...
Parnas to Top
Jan 18, 2020 9:00 AM CST
New Impeachment Evidence Ties Parnas to Top Nunes Aide
Derek Harvey was in frequent contact with indicted Giuliani associate; Nunes hasn't commented
- If you thought we were done hearing from Lev Parnas , you were wrong. The former associate of Rudy Giuliani has been making the media rounds , accusing President Trump and other big names of being directly involved in the pressure campaign against Ukraine's president to investigate Joe and Hunter Biden—...
Lev Parnas Explains
His Decision to Talk
Jan 17, 2020 9:21 AM CST
Lev Parnas Explains His Decision to Talk
Former Giuliani associate says he felt betrayed by lack of support after arrest
- Former Rudy Giuliani associate Lev Parnas is continuing his public accusations against President Trump's Ukraine maneuvers. On Wednesday, Parnas made big news by appearing on Rachel Maddow's MSNBC show and asserting that Trump himself knew all about the pressure being put on Ukraine's president to announce an...
FBI Visits Man
Jan 16, 2020 4:32 PM CST
FBI Visits Man Who Texted About Tailing Ambassador
Documents show Robert Hyde-Lev Parnas messages about watching Marie Yovanovitch
- FBI agents on Thursday went to the home of Robert Hyde, the GOP congressional candidate whose newly released text messages suggested he was keeping former US Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch under surveillance. Agents next went to Hyde's office, out of which he runs his landscaping business and Connecticut campaign, CNN...
Ukraine Opens Investigation
Into Ambassador Allegations
Jan 16, 2020 8:57 AM CST
Ukraine Opens Investigation Into Ambassador Allegations
Giuliani associates texted about tailing Marie Yovanovitch
- Did associates of Rudy Giuliani in Ukraine have then-ambassador Marie Yovanovitch followed there? That's one of the accusations to surface in relation to one of those associates, Lev Parnas . Much is unclear about the accusation, but on Thursday, Ukraine said it would investigate, reports NBC News . The allegation arose...
Parnas: I Delivered Threat
Over Biden Investigation
Jan 16, 2020 6:52 AM CST
Parnas: I Delivered Threat Over Biden Investigation
Giuilani associate says Trump 'knew exactly what was going on'
- Lev Parnas, the Rudy Giuliani associate indicted for campaign finance violations, dropped more than one bombshell in an MSNBC interview Wednesday night. The Florida businessman told Rachel Maddow that he pressured Ukraine's president to dig up dirt on Joe and Hunter Biden—and President Trump "knew exactly what...
Dems Out With
New Wave of
Jan 15, 2020 6:21 AM CST
Dems Out With New Wave of Impeachment Evidence
Documents suggest ambassador to Ukraine was being followed, note suggests prodding Zelensky
- House Democrats have released a trove of documents they obtained from Lev Parnas, a close associate of President Trump's personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, including a handwritten note that mentions asking Ukraine's president to investigate "the Biden case." The documents, obtained as part of the impeachment investigation,...
Lev Parnas Gives Data From
Cellphones to House Panel
Jan 13, 2020 3:40 PM CST
Lev Parnas Gives Data From Cellphones to House Panel
Lawyer for Giuliani associate says information is relevant to impeachment inquiry
- A close associate of President Trump's personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, has provided a trove of text messages and photos to the House committee leading the impeachment inquiry. Joseph Bondy, the lawyer for Lev Parnas, tweeted Monday that they had "worked through the night" to provide data from two...
in Impeachment Report
Dec 3, 2019 7:05 PM CST
Giuliani's Phone Records Revealed in Impeachment Report
They show he was in frequent contact with Devin Nunes, White House, Lev Parnas
- The new report from Democrats compiling evidence on impeachment revealed contact between President Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani and California Rep. Devin Nunes, the top Republican on the intelligence committee, the AP reports. The report released Tuesday—which, CNN reports, the House Intelligence Committee voted Tuesday night to approve...
Now in Spotlight
Nov 23, 2019 6:30 AM CST
Now in Spotlight Over Alleged Meeting With Ukrainian: Devin Nunes
Lawyer: Giuliani associate Lev Parnas will testify to Congress on alleged Nunes' meet with Shokin
- The lawyer for a Soviet-born businessman and associate of Rudy Giuliani who was arrested last month on campaign finance charges says his client will comply with a subpoena to talk to Congress about an alleged meeting one of its own had in in late 2018 in an attempt to dig...
Giuliani: 'I Know Exactly
Where the Money Came From'
Oct 15, 2019 2:10 PM CDT
Giuliani: 'I Know Exactly Where the Money Came From'
He defends $500K contract with company founded by Lev Parnas, now indicted
- Rudy Giuliani may be a metaphorical "hand grenade"—as former White House official John Bolton thinks —but he is a handsomely paid hand grenade for sure. Reuters reports that Giuliani collected $500,000 last year for work with a company co-founded by a Ukrainian-American associate, Lev Parnas....
Trump Says He 'Didn't
Know' Giuliani Associates
Oct 11, 2019 7:18 AM CDT
Trump Says He 'Didn't Know' Giuliani Associates
'Now it's possible I have a picture with them because I have a picture with everybody'
- President Trump says he doesn't know two Rudy Giuliani associates arrested for campaign finance violations —although photos posted on social media show that he has definitely met Igor Fruman and Lev Parnas. The Florida businessmen also posted a picture of themselves having breakfast with Donald Trump Jr. last...
Popular on Newser
UCLA Pauses Dorm Project Over 'Worrisome' Room Size
One of America's Best-Paid CEOs Abruptly Steps Down
Biden Makes Big Announcement on UAW Strike
Dallas Mayor Switches Parties
She Has Learned What a Fatal Overdose Sounds Like
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.