Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 31 |
Will Miss Part of Trial
Jan 27, 2020 6:24 AM CST
Impeachment Manager Will Miss Part of Trial
Jerrold Nadler's wife has pancreatic cancer
- One of the House's seven impeachment managers is going to have to miss parts of President Trump's trial. Rep. Jerrold Nadler, chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, says his wife of 43 years, Joyce Miller, has pancreatic cancer and he will spent Monday with her in New York...
Fidget Spinners Given to
GOP Senators During
Jan 24, 2020 6:42 AM CST
Fidget Spinners Given to GOP Senators During Trump Trial
Schiff makes plea to GOP senators
- The third day of President Trump's impeachment trial ended with lead impeachment manager Rep. Adam Schiff making an emotional plea to Senate Republicans. The Democrat warned that the president will continue to put his own interests first if he is allowed to remain in office, the
Democrats Reject Idea of
'Witness Swap' for Bolton
Jan 23, 2020 7:58 AM CST
Democrats Reject Idea of 'Witness Swap' for Bolton
'We're not going to turn it into a farce,' Biden says
- Lead House impeachment manager Adam Schiff said during the second day of President Trump's impeachment trial that former White House national security adviser John Bolton should be heard from—but he and other Democrats poured cold water on the idea of a "witness swap" in which Hunter Biden...
Trump Sets New Record
for Presidential Tweets
Jan 23, 2020 3:10 AM CST
Trump Sets New Record for Presidential Tweets
Most of his 142 tweets, retweets focused on impeachment
- President Trump has once again broken one of his own records for most tweets from an president. According to Factbase , the president tweeted a total of 142 times on Wednesday, firing off most of them as he traveled back to the US from Davos, Switzerland, the AP reports. He broke...
Impeachment Day 1
Includes Scolding From Roberts
Jan 22, 2020 6:43 AM CST
Impeachment Day 1 Includes Scolding From Roberts
Oral arguments set to begin later Wednesday
- The Senate approved the rules for President Trump's impeachment trial along party lines early Wednesday, setting the stage for oral arguments that could begin later in the day. After a long, tense hearing, the resolution to approve Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's trial plan passed by 53 votes...
Senate Rejects Demands
for More Witnesses
Jan 22, 2020 4:58 AM CST
Senate Rejects Demands for More Witnesses
Trump trial rules passed along party lines
- The Senate plunged into President Trump’s impeachment trial with Republicans abruptly abandoning plans to cram opening arguments into two days but solidly rejecting Democrats' demands for more witnesses to expose what they deem Trump’s "trifecta” of offenses. The daylong session started Tuesday with the setback for Republican...
In Davos Speech, Trump
Rejects 'Prophets of Doom'
Jan 21, 2020 6:51 AM CST
In Davos Speech, Trump Rejects 'Prophets of Doom'
President decries climate 'alarmists'
- President Trump addressed the World Economic Forum in Davos on Tuesday and said "predictions of apocalypse" from "prophets of doom" should be rejected, reports the BBC . Trump spent most of his speech touting the US economy, but he briefly took aim at climate activists. "These alarmists always...
Senate Republicans Won't
Dismiss Trump Charges
Jan 14, 2020 4:47 AM CST
Senate Republicans Won't Dismiss Trump Charges
The votes aren't there, GOP leaders say
- Senior Senate Republicans are still trying to settle on the format of President Trump's impeachment trial—but they have made it clear that there
be a trial, despite the president's call to dismiss the charges. Trump tweeted Sunday that a trial instead of "outright dismissal" gives...
GOP Senator Is 'Disturbed' by
Leader's Trump Trial Remarks
Dec 26, 2019 4:16 AM CST
GOP Senator Is 'Disturbed' by Leader's Trump Trial Remarks
Murkowski says she will be impartial juror
- Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski thinks the process that led to the impeachment of President Trump was rushed and flawed—but she also has serious concerns about how his trial in the Senate will be conducted. The Alaskan senator tells KTUU that she was "disturbed" by Senate Majority Leader Mitch...
Trump Lawyers Wonder If He
Has Really Been Impeached
Dec 20, 2019 8:26 AM CST
Trump Lawyers Wonder If He Has Really Been Impeached
They argue it hasn't been formalized yet
- After voting to impeach President Trump on Wednesday, the House went into recess Thursday, leaving the process in limbo until Jan. 7—and giving constitutional experts plenty of time to argue the finer points. Bloomberg reports that lawyers close to the president are looking at whether Trump hasn't really...
to Delay Trump Trial
Dec 19, 2019 6:31 AM CST
Pelosi Threatens to Delay Trump Trial
She wants to see a 'fair process' in the Senate
- After Bill Clinton was impeached by the House on Dec. 19, 1998, his trial in the Senate began 19 days later. Andrew Johnson's Senate trial started 10 days after he was impeached in 1868. With President Trump, the gap will be longer—possibly a lot longer. In what Politico...
Stories 21 - 31 |
Popular on Newser
Red Lobster Misjudged Diners' Hunger for Endless Shrimp
Investigation Lobs Disturbing Allegations Against Candy Giant
A 'Familiar Maternal Face on TV' Dead at 93
Morgan Names Royals Who Made Alleged Racist Comments
Couple's NC Wyeth Windfall Collapses
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.