Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Tom Hanks' Son Doubles
Down on Anti-Vax Stance
Aug 12, 2021 12:28 PM CDT
Tom Hanks' Son Doubles Down on Anti-Vax Stance
'There's more evidence for UFOs being real than that vaccine being healthy for you,' says Chet Hanks
- The rapper son of Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson, some of the first celebrities diagnosed and then hospitalized with COVID-19 last year, says he's fine without the vaccine, thank you very much. Chet Hanks—whose rap name is Chet Hanx—was derided Tuesday after posting a video on Instagram,...
Rita Wilson, Tom Hanks
Now Greek Citizens
Jul 27, 2020 1:18 AM CDT
Rita Wilson, Tom Hanks Now Greek Citizens
Celebrity couple get official documents from PM
- Rita Wilson, who is partially of Greek descent, and husband Tom Hanks are now officially Greek citizens. The country's prime minister, Kyriakos Mitsotakis, announced Sunday that the celebrity couple had received citizenship, posting an Instagram photo of them holding their new Greek passports alongside the PM and his wife....
Tom Hanks Describes
'Very Different' Illnesses
Jul 6, 2020 7:50 PM CDT
Tom Hanks Describes 'Very Different' Illnesses
Actor's body ached during COVID-19 bout, while his wife dealt with a high fever and severe nausea
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson, his wife, are recovered from their March bouts with COVID-19, with no remaining symptoms or aftereffects. But he's still surprised by their different experiences with the illness. Hanks and Wilson were diagnosed in March, early in the pandemic, making them what he called the...
Rita Wilson Had 'Extreme
Side Effects' From Chloroquine
Apr 14, 2020 2:03 PM CDT
Rita Wilson Had 'Extreme Side Effects' From Chloroquine
'I think people have to be very considerate about that drug,' she says
- Rita Wilson was given chloroquine, the anti-malarial drug touted by President Trump, while being treated for the coronavirus —but she's not exactly singing its praises. She tells CBS that she suffered worse symptoms than husband Tom Hanks, with chills like she's never had before and a fever...
Watch Rita Wilson's
Apr 6, 2020 12:04 AM CDT
Watch Rita Wilson's Comeback Performance
She sings national anthem after recovering from coronavirus
- Rita Wilson made her coronavirus comeback Sunday, singing the national anthem to open a virtual NASCAR event. Wilson, who was diagnosed with COVID-19 almost four weeks ago and has since recovered, performed at her Los Angeles home and was filmed by her and Tom Hanks' youngest son, Truman, 24. As...
Actress Ali Wentworth:
'I've Never Been Sicker'
Apr 2, 2020 8:51 AM CDT
Actress Ali Wentworth: 'I've Never Been Sicker'
George Stephanopoulos' wife in 'pure misery' from COVID-19
- Actress and comedian Ali Wentworth has contracted the coronavirus and it's taking quite a toll. "I've never been sicker. High fever. Horrific body aches. Heavy chest," Wentworth, the wife of ABC News and and
Good Morning America
anchor George Stephanopoulos, wrote on Instagram Wednesday; she paired...
'America's Dad' Has
Something to Smile About
Mar 28, 2020 5:00 PM CDT
'America's Dad' Has Something to Smile About
Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson are spotted driving around LA
- Tom Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson are back in sunny Los Angeles, Yahoo Entertainment reports. The celebrity couple—who self-quarantined in Australia for two weeks after testing positive for coronavirus—were seen driving around LA, Hanks smiling at the wheel. "Hey, Folks ... We're home now and, like...
Tom Hanks, Rita Wilson
Released From Hospital
Mar 17, 2020 3:50 AM CDT
Tom Hanks, Rita Wilson Released From Hospital
'They're feeling a lot better,' son says
- The world's most famous coronavirus patient is no longer hospitalized. Tom Hanks and wife Rita Wilson have been released from the hospital in Australia where they had been undergoing treatment since testing positive for the virus last week, the BBC reports. A rep says the two 63-year-olds are now...
Starts an Uproar
Mar 16, 2020 7:47 AM CDT
From Australian Quarantine, Tom Hanks Starts an Uproar
How much Vegemite he spread on his toast has Australia buzzing
- He might be America's dad, but Tom Hanks has managed to trigger genuine Australian horror amid his coronavirus quarantine with wife Rita Wilson: In a post CNET says "channels Mister Rogers," the 63-year-old actor tweeted a picture Sunday that showed a stuffed kangaroo holding a mini Australian...
Hanks Gives Health Update
Using Famous Movie Quote
Mar 13, 2020 7:00 AM CDT
Hanks Gives Health Update Using Famous Movie Quote
Actor cites 'League of Their Own' on his, wife Rita Wilson's illness
- Now that we've all gotten over the shock of the "world's most famous coronavirus patient" —Tom Hanks and wife Rita Wilson—a reassuring update from Down Under from the actors themselves. Per the
, the couple is in isolation in an Aussie hospital, but they'...
Popular on Newser
From Sleeper Hit to 'Generational Anthem'
How the Most Precious Color on Earth Vanished
He Killed Parents, Classmates. His Sister Tells Her Story
She Is One of Only Eight in the World
Odd Hack for Panic Attacks Goes Viral on TikTok
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.