Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
FDA Clears 4th
COVID Vaccine Option
Jul 13, 2022 5:15 PM CDT
FDA Clears 4th COVID Vaccine Option
Novavax shot has been approved for adults
: The US is getting another COVID-19 vaccine choice. The Food and Drug Administration on Wednesday cleared Novavax shots for adults. Novavax makes a more traditional type of shot than the three other COVID-19 vaccines available for use in the US and the company hopes the protein-based vaccine will become...
Now, a 4th Vaccine
Sees Strong Efficacy
Jun 14, 2021 6:34 AM CDT
Now, a 4th Vaccine Sees Strong Efficacy
Novavax says its vaccine has 90.4% overall efficacy, with 100% at preventing severe disease
- More good news on the COVID vaccine front: A fourth company now has a strong candidate for availability in the US. Per the
New York Times
, the Novavax vaccine has shown an overall efficacy of 90.4% during a phase 3 trial in the US and Mexico, with 100% efficacy...
There's a New
Jan 29, 2021 6:26 AM CST
There's a New Vaccine Contender
Novavax's COVID-19 vaccine appears 89% effective based on early study results
- Novavax Inc. said Thursday that its COVID-19 vaccine appears 89% effective based on early findings from a British study and that it also seems to work—though not as well—against new mutated versions of the virus circulating in that country and South Africa. The announcement comes amid worry about...
New Vaccine Candidate
Is Getting High Praise
Aug 5, 2020 9:55 AM CDT
New Vaccine Candidate Is Getting High Praise
One from Novavax 'is the first one I’m looking at and saying, ‘Yeah, I’d take that,' says virologist
- Another coronavirus vaccine candidate is advancing in clinical trials, and the
New York Times
coverage about it carries this notable quote from a virologist: "This is the first one I’m looking at and saying, 'Yeah, I’d take that." The quote is from John Moore of...
Popular on Newser
US Downs Chinese Balloon Off South Carolina Coast
Now There's a 2nd Balloon, per Pentagon
A Vital Mineral Deposit Could Bring Big Change to Nebraska Village
This Reporter Followed George Santos Around for 16 Hours
2 Arrested After Shooting That Left 6 Dead, Including Infant
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.