Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Money He Did
Get Is Gone'
Nov 24, 2023 1:21 PM CST
Rittenhouse Attorney: 'Whatever Money He Did Get Is Gone'
Lawyer claims 20-year-old acquitted of fatal shootings of Wisconsin protesters is now broke
- Kyle Rittenhouse, who was acquitted of all charges against him in 2021, more than a year after he fatally shot two Black Lives Matter protesters in Wisconsin and injured a third, is out of money. That's according to his own lawyer, Mark Richards, who spoke to Court TV about...
Hit With Another Lawsuit
Aug 30, 2023 12:55 PM CDT
Kyle Rittenhouse Hit With Another Lawsuit
Estate of Joseph Rosenbaum blames Kenosha shooter, law enforcement for 'unjustifiable' death
- Kyle Rittenhouse is already being sued by the estate of one of the two men he fatally shot during a 2020 protest in Kenosha, Wisconsin, and by a third man he shot and wounded. Upon the third anniversary of the shooting, the lone holdout party is now taking legal action,...
Texas Cop's Selfie
With Kyle Rittenhouse
Sparks Heated Debate
Aug 15, 2022 1:15 AM CDT
Texas Cop's Selfie With Kyle Rittenhouse Sparks Heated Debate
Many were not pleased with department posting the photo
- The comments on a Texas police department's Facebook photo got quite heated thanks to the subject of the photo: Kyle Rittenhouse. The Thrall Police Department posted a selfie showing an unnamed police officer posing with Rittenhouse, the now-19-year-old who was acquitted in the fatal shootings of two protesters in...
Pay for Lawsuits
Jun 24, 2022 6:16 AM CDT
Rittenhouse to Pay for Lawsuits With Shooter Video Game
He says he's fighting back with 'fake news turkey shoot'
- Kyle Rittenhouse says he's releasing a video game to fund his planned defamation lawsuits against media outlets. In it, players act as a cartoonish Rittenhouse, shooting flying turkeys labeled "fake news" and "MSDNC" with a large orange gun, per the
. "The media is nothing...
Kyle Rittenhouse Says
He's 'Fueled' by Depp Trial
Jun 3, 2022 10:00 AM CDT
Kyle Rittenhouse Says He's 'Fueled' by Depp Trial
He's hired Nick Sandmann's lawyer to handle defamation suits
- While the two cases are very different—Johnny Depp didn't kill anybody, for a start—the Depp defamation trial has apparently inspired Kyle Rittenhouse to step up his own legal efforts. "Johnny Depp trial is just fueling me, you can fight back against the lies in the media,...
Wisconsin Crime Lab
Destroys Rittenhouse Rifle
Mar 11, 2022 4:55 PM CST
Wisconsin Crime Lab Destroys Rittenhouse Rifle
Police return clothes, personal items the former defendant wanted
: The weapon that Kyle Rittenhouse used to shoot three people during Wisconsin protests in 2020 has been destroyed. The State Crime Lab did it on Feb. 25, WISN reports, in keeping with an agreement between Rittenhouse and prosecutors. Police had been holding the rifle since it was confiscated after...
Kyle Rittenhouse Says
He's Suing LeBron James
Feb 25, 2022 7:22 AM CST
Kyle Rittenhouse Says He's Suing LeBron James
19-year-old acquitted of murder says James, Whoopi Goldberg, Biden defamed him
- Kyle Rittenhouse isn't happy about what some big names said about him during his trial for murder and after his November acquittal , and now he says he's taking legal action. Rittenhouse has recently been making the conservative media rounds, and on Monday he made a stop at...
Man Who Bought
Jan 10, 2022 7:17 AM CST
Man Who Bought Rittenhouse Gun Shifts His Plea
Dominick Black now wants to plead no contest to no-felony charge of contributing to delinquency of minor
- Kyle Rittenhouse may not have had the AR-15 he used to shoot three men, two fatally, on Aug. 25, 2020, in Kenosha, Wis., if Dominick Black hadn't bought it for him three months earlier. At the time in May 2020, Rittenhouse was only 17, too young to legally...
Hailed as a Hero at Conference,
Rittenhouse Warns of Lawsuits
Dec 22, 2021 4:13 PM CST
Hailed as a Hero at Conference, Rittenhouse Warns of Lawsuits
Organization welcomes 18-year-old, who says 'justice was served'
- Given a hero's welcome at a conservative youth conference in Phoenix, Kyle Rittenhouse told the crowd he was the victim of a government attack. "My trial was an example of them trying to come after our Second Amendment rights, our right to defend ourselves and trying to take...
Final Witness Recounts Nude
Massage From Maxwell
Dec 11, 2021 7:31 AM CST
Final Witness Recounts Nude Massage From Maxwell
Prosecution rests, and defense begins next week
- Prosecutors rested their case against Ghislaine Maxwell on Friday much earlier than expected—it took 10 days instead of the expected four weeks, notes the BBC . Her defense team is expected to take no more than a few days after they begin their presentation next week. The big question is...
Dec 7, 2021 1:20 PM CST
Rittenhouse Rethinks Trip to Kenosha
Teenager retreats from interviewer's praise for killings
- The recently acquitted Kyle Rittenhouse says that, in hindsight, the trip from his home in Illinois to Wisconsin during protests in August 2020 was "probably not the best idea." Rittenhouse, then 17, arrived at the protests armed with an AR-15-style rifle and shot three people; Joseph Rosenbaum and...
Rittenhouse Says He
Is Destroying His Gun
Dec 1, 2021 1:55 PM CST
Rittenhouse Says He Is Destroying His Gun
Facebook drops ban on Rittenhouse searches
- Facebook users can now search for Kyle Rittenhouse again. The company has dropped its controversial Rittenhouse ban following the teenager's acquittal on homicide and attempted homicide charges, the BBC reports. Soon after Rittenhouse fatally shot two men and injured a third during protests in Kenosha, Wisconsin, last year, Facebook...
After Backlash, Rittenhouse's
Student Status Changes
Nov 30, 2021 7:45 AM CST
After Backlash, Rittenhouse's Student Status Changes
ASU: Teen 'is not currently enrolled' after previously being signed up for online classes
- Before Kyle Rittenhouse was acquitted earlier this month on all counts related to his August 2020 shooting of three men in Kenosha, Wis., he told the court that he was a college student at Arizona State University, taking nursing courses. The school confirmed he was enrolled as an online student...
Greene Wants Congress'
Highest Honor for Rittenhouse
Nov 25, 2021 7:19 AM CST
Greene Wants Congress' Highest Honor for Rittenhouse
Teen who killed 2 men is 'a hero who defended his community,' she says
- Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene wants to see Kyle Rittenhouse join George Washington, Mother Teresa, Martin Luther King Jr., and the Dalai Lama in receiving the legislative branch's highest honor. The Republican congresswoman introduced a bill Tuesday to award the Congressional Gold Medal to Rittenhouse, who fatally shot two people...
Nov 24, 2021 7:31 AM CST
Pics Emerge of Meeting Between Trump, Rittenhouse
Former president says he met with recently acquitted teen at Mar-a-Lago
- Kyle Rittenhouse may be on the outs with the current president, but he's apparently getting on well with the former one. In an interview that aired Tuesday evening on Sean Hannity's Fox News program, former President Trump announced he'd recently met at Mar-a-Lago with the 18-year-old Wisconsin...
Has a Bone to
Pick With Biden
Nov 23, 2021 6:04 AM CST
Kyle Rittenhouse Has a Bone to Pick With Biden
Biden included an image of Rittenhouse in a tweet that referenced white supremacists
One exchange in Kyle Rittenhouse's sit-down with Tucker Carlson, which aired Monday night, is attracting some attention. As Business Insider reports, Carlson asks the teen how it felt to be called a white supremacist by President Biden. (It's a reference to this September 2020 tweet .) In...
Is Not Illegal'
Nov 20, 2021 6:00 AM CST
Rittenhouse: 'Self-Defense Is Not Illegal'
President Biden, former President Trump also offer their reactions to Wisconsin teen's acquittal
- It was an emotional day Friday for Kyle Rittenhouse after he was acquitted for the shootings of three men in Kenosha in 2020, but the Wisconsin teen pulled himself together to chat with Fox News' Tucker Carlson afterward. The 18-year-old's reaction to the day's events: "The jury...
Kyle Rittenhouse Collapses
Upon Hearing His Acquittal
Nov 19, 2021 2:29 PM CST
Kyle Rittenhouse Collapses Upon Hearing His Acquittal
Wisconsin teen appears to be overcome as verdicts are read
- Kyle Rittenhouse could have faced life in prison. Instead, he was acquitted on all counts Friday in a courtroom in Kenosha, Wisconsin. NBC Chicago reports that the 18-year-old began to shake and cry as he stood listening to the acquittals. By the time the fifth and final not-guilty verdict was...
Found Not Guilty
Nov 19, 2021 12:22 PM CST
Kyle Rittenhouse Found Not Guilty
Jury in Kenosha clears him on all counts
- Kyle Rittenhouse is a free man. A jury in Kenosha, Wisconsin, on Friday cleared the 18-year-old on all counts related to his shooting of three men during unrest in the city in 2020, reports Mediaite . Rittenhouse fatally shot Joseph Rosenbaum, 36, and Anthony Huber, 26, and injured Gaige Grosskreutz, then...
Key to White Supremacists'
Lingo: the Guise of Humor
Nov 19, 2021 9:12 AM CST
Key to White Supremacists' Lingo: the Guise of Humor
Charlottesville trial includes testimony about the strategy
- The Kyle Rittenhouse and Ahmaud Arbery trials aren't the only cases involving volatile race issues winding down at the moment. Jurors in Charlottesville, Virginia, begin deliberations Friday in a civil trial over the deadly violence that broke out at the Unite the Right rally in 2017, reports CNN . Details:...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Appeals Court Delivers Its Decision to Jussie Smollett
Another of Italy's 'Leaning' Towers May Be in Trouble
First a 7.6 Magnitude Quake, Now a Tsunami Warning
One Group of Creatives Has Stellar Mental Health
America's Avocado Habit Is Wreaking Havoc in Mexico
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.