Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Air Force One Won't Have
Trump's Color Scheme
Jun 10, 2022 1:50 PM CDT
Air Force One Won't Have Trump's Color Scheme
Replacement aircraft to stick with past design
- President Biden's administration has scrapped former President Trump's red, white and blue design for the new generation of presidential aircraft after an Air Force review suggested it would raise costs and delay the delivery of the new jets. Boeing is currently modifying two Boeing 747-800 aircraft that will...
Biden Administration Scraps
$5.8B in Student Loans at Chain
Jun 1, 2022 8:05 PM CDT
Biden Administration Scraps $5.8B in Student Loans at Chain
For-profit Corinthian Colleges shut down in 2015 after fraud findings
- Hundreds of thousands of students who attended the for-profit Corinthian Colleges chain will automatically have their federal student loans canceled, the Biden administration announced Wednesday, a move that aims to bring closure to one of the most notorious cases of fraud in American higher education. Under the new action, all...
2 Tweets From Bezos on Biden,
With One Theme: 'Misdirection'
May 16, 2022 8:08 AM CDT
2 Tweets From Bezos on Biden, With One Theme: 'Misdirection'
Amazon founder goes after president on Twitter about inflation
- President Biden is well aware of the nation's current woes around inflation , and he recently pledged to make it his top domestic priority. But his thoughts on how to do so have rankled one of the world's richest men, and that man took to Twitter to tell the...
Psaki's Last Day
in WH Spurs
May 14, 2022 7:00 AM CDT
Psaki's Last Day in WH Spurs Kind Words From Doocy
Fox News correspondent says press secretary 'probably has made me a better reporter'
- It's the end of the Psaki era behind the West Wing podium. On Friday, White House press secretary Jen Psaki, 43, gave her final briefing, fielding more than 50 questions before offering her goodbyes. "You have challenged me. You have pushed me. You have debated me, and at...
Takes First Steps on
May 12, 2022 7:17 PM CDT
Administration Takes First Steps on Formula Shortage
Biden meets with companies about increasing supply
- The Biden administration told the nation what it's doing to eliminate the shortage of infant formula on Thursday, but officials had few answers about when their actions will make a difference. Among the efforts that the administration conceded are less than major, President Biden met with representatives of manufacturers...
May 7, 2022 4:00 PM CDT
Administration: 100M New Cases Are Possible
Warning of big wave this fall and winter is designed to increase preparation and funding
- With a combination of factors making a major wave of coronavirus infections look more likely later this year, the Biden administration has raised the alarm by suggesting a distressing scenario: 100 million new cases over fall and winter. Deaths and hospitalizations would post sharp increases, the
May 3, 2022 12:45 PM CDT
US Changes Status of WNBA Star's Detention
White House deems Brittney Griner wrongfully detained in Russia
- The Biden administration has determined that WNBA star Brittney Griner is being wrongfully detained in Russia and will aggressively work to secure her release, two US officials told the AP , speaking on the condition of anonymity. The new classification means her case will be handled by the US Special Presidential...
Don't Expect a Huge Number
on Biden's Student Loan Salve
Apr 29, 2022 12:46 PM CDT
Don't Expect a Huge Number on Biden's Student Loan Salve
President still considering 'some debt reduction,' but not the $50K-per-borrower some Dems want
- Reducing, or outright eliminating, debt for the 43 million people who've borrowed money via federal student loans has long been a top priority on progressives' wish list. And President Biden is seriously considering "some debt reduction," he announced this week, though advocates shouldn't get their hopes...
Russia, US Complete
Drawn-Out Prisoner Swap
Apr 27, 2022 8:26 AM CDT
Russia, US Complete Drawn-Out Prisoner Swap
Biden administration exchanges Konstantin Yaroshenko for Trevor Reed
- The Biden administration has just seen its highest-profile release of an American deemed wrongly detained abroad—courtesy of Russia. Russia and the US carried out a dramatic prisoner exchange on Wednesday, trading a Marine veteran jailed in Moscow for a convicted Russian drug trafficker serving a long prison sentence in...
Americans Can Sponsor
Apr 26, 2022 2:50 PM CDT
Americans Can Sponsor Ukrainian Refugees
US government unveils new program
- Americans can now sign up to be prospective sponsors of specific Ukrainians looking to come to the US. Border officials have admitted 15,000 Ukrainians without valid travel documents in the past three months, with most of those entering through the US-Mexico border "after multi-flight trips from Eastern Europe,...
Biden to End Summer
Ban on 15% Ethanol Gas
Apr 12, 2022 6:44 AM CDT
Biden to End Summer Ban on 15% Ethanol Gas
New strategy to lower gas prices to be announced Tuesday
- President Biden on Tuesday will announce plans to allow the sale of gasoline containing 15% ethanol this summer in a bid to further lower prices at the pump , according to reports. Most gasoline sold contains up to 10% ethanol. The 15% ethanol blend, E15, costs 10 cents less per gallon...
US Plans to Welcome
100K Ukrainian Refugees
Mar 24, 2022 9:35 AM CDT
US Plans to Welcome 100K Ukrainian Refugees
Programs will focus on those with family already in the US
- More than 3.6 million people have fled Ukraine since the Russian invasion began a month ago, and the White House says the US will do its part to welcome refugees and assist those who remain in Europe. In a statement Thursday morning, the White House said the US is...
White House Orders Dr. Oz
to Quit Presidential Panel
Mar 24, 2022 9:10 AM CDT
White House Orders Dr. Oz to Quit Presidential Panel
Herschel Walker has also been asked to step down from advisory committee
- The White House is trying to remove two Republican Senate candidates from a presidential advisory panel, but at least one of them has no intention of going quietly. Dr. Mehmet Oz and former NFL star Herschel Walker were told in emails Wednesday that they would be "terminated" if they...
WH Officials: There's No
Money for 4th Doses for All
Mar 23, 2022 11:00 AM CDT
WH Officials: There's No Money for 4th Doses for All
...unless Congress approves $15B in emergency funding for COVID response
- If you're 65 and older and awaiting your second COVID booster shot, or have kids under 5 who you hope can soon receive their initial vaccine, administration officials tell the
enough doses at the ready for when those approvals come in. For everyone else, though,...
House to Slow, if Not Stop,
Daylight Saving Time Bill
Mar 21, 2022 4:21 PM CDT
House to Slow, if Not Stop, Daylight Saving Time Bill
Lawmakers say they aren't in the rush the Senate was
- Time might stand still for the legislation to make daylight saving time permanent. The bill sailed through the Senate last week, but House members are less sure about it, the Hill reports. Several lawmakers of both parties said that they'd like to see more research on the issue or...
We Could Get
a 'Gas Tax Holiday'
Mar 10, 2022 12:38 PM CST
We Could Get a 'Gas Tax Holiday'
Lawmakers are pushing the idea to ease the pain at the pumps
- With gas prices at their highest in years—an average of $4.318 per gallon in the US as of Thursday—and expected to climb higher , some lawmakers are calling on President Biden to back the suspension of a federal gas tax to ease the financial burden. A federal "...
White House Details
Plan for Life With COVID
Mar 2, 2022 7:30 PM CST
White House Details Plan for Life With COVID
Approach includes familiar preventive tools and efforts to catch new variants quickly
- White House officials detailed their approach to the next, less disruptive stage of life with COVID, in which Americans would mostly return to their pre-pandemic routines. But precautions and vigilance still will be required, CNN reports. "Vaccines, treatments, tests, masks—these tools are how we continue to protect people...
Joe Biden's Worst Mistake
May Be Unfolding Right Now
Feb 22, 2022 11:28 AM CST
Joe Biden's Worst Mistake May Be Unfolding Right Now
Ezra Klein is referring to starving Afghans
- The worst mistake of the Biden administration might end up being Afghanistan, writes Ezra Klein in the
New York Times
. And no, he's not referring to the chaotic withdrawal of US troops. He's talking about what has unfolded since, what's unfolding
, and what will continue to...
Students Misled by Universities
Will Have Loans Canceled
Feb 16, 2022 6:45 PM CST
Students Misled by Universities Will Have Loans Canceled
Biden administration grants relief to those who claimed fraud by for-profit schools
- The Biden administration on Wednesday announced it will cancel more than $70 million in student debt for borrowers who say they were defrauded by the for-profit DeVry University— the first time the Education Department has approved such claims for an institution that’s still in operation. At least 1,800...
US Tries to Disrupt Russia
With Intelligence Dumps
Feb 12, 2022 5:45 PM CST
US Tries to Disrupt Russia With Intelligence Dumps
Releases about Putin's plans could buy time before any invasion
- In a strategy the US hasn't used on this scale since the Cuban missile crisis, the Biden administration is trying to disrupt President Vladimir Putin's planning in the Ukraine impasse by regularly releasing classified information showing what Russia's doing. The releases have covered troop movements, a purported...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Video Emerges of Giuliani Incident at Grocery Store
Cops: Subway Worker Killed Over Mayo Complaint
Jan. 6 Panel Calls Surprise Hearing
'Tragic, Freak Accident' in SC Pond Also a Rare One
California's Biggest Landowner Closes Forests to Public
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.