Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Trump Steering Clear
of Georgia Runoff
Nov 29, 2022 10:55 AM CST
Trump Steering Clear of Georgia Runoff
Former president doesn't plan a rally for Herschel Walker, which could backfire
- As the Senate runoff in Georgia heads into crunch time, one big name won't be playing a public role. Politico and the
New York Times
report that Donald Trump has no plans to stage one of his signature rallies for Herschel Walker. Trump is still a strong supporter of...
Arizona County Refuses
to Certify Election
Nov 28, 2022 6:10 PM CST
Arizona County Refuses to Certify Election
State election officials say they will sue GOP-controlled Cochise County
- Republican officials in a rural Arizona county refused on Monday to certify the 2022 election ahead of the deadline amid pressure from prominent Republicans to reject a vote count that had Democrats winning US Senate, governor, and other statewide races. State election officials have said they will sue Cochise County...
Judge Makes Big Ruling
on Early Voting in Georgia
Nov 19, 2022 10:00 AM CST
Judge Makes Big Ruling on Early Voting in Georgia
Voters can now head to polls on Saturday, Nov. 26, for Senate runoff race between Warnock, Walker
- The Georgia Senate race between Democrat Raphael Warnock and Republican Herschel Walker is headed for a Dec. 6 runoff , and thanks to a Fulton County judge's decision this week, locals can add one more day to the calendar in which they'll be able to cast their in-person ballot....
Boebert's Rival Concedes
in Tight Colorado Race
Nov 18, 2022 12:56 PM CST
Boebert's Rival Concedes in Tight Colorado Race
It still appears headed to automatic recount, but both he and the congresswoman say it's over
- The Democratic challenger who ended up in a surprisingly tight race with Rep. Lauren Boebert in Colorado has conceded, reports the Hill . Adam Frisch said Friday that while the race appears headed for an automatic recount, "the likelihood of this recount changing more than a handful of votes is...
Boebert's House Race
Is Nation's Closest
Nov 17, 2022 7:30 PM CST
Boebert's House Race Is Nation's Closest
Final votes will be counted Friday, county clerks say
- Election officials in the Colorado counties still counting votes in the Rep. Lauren Boebert-Adam Frisch congressional race say they'll finish Friday. Boebert was 551 votes ahead at 5pm Thursday, the Colorado Sun reports, putting the election on track for a mandatory recount. Recounts are triggered when the margin between...
Kari Lake Says She's
Fighting Election Results
Nov 17, 2022 11:00 AM CST
Kari Lake Says She's Fighting Election Results
Trump ally claims Arizona voters were disenfranchised via issues with tabulation machines
- Kari Lake, the Arizona gubernatorial candidate who refused to commit to accepting a losing election result, is now challenging her loss to Democrat Katie Hobbs . "I am still in this fight," the Trump-backed Republican says in a video posted to Twitter on Thursday, adding she's assembled the...
Is a First
Nov 16, 2022 7:30 PM CST
Los Angeles' Next Mayor Is a First
Karen Bass defeats Republican Rick Caruso
- US Rep. Karen Bass defeated developer Rick Caruso to become the next mayor of Los Angeles on Wednesday, making her the first Black woman to hold the post as City Hall contends with an out-of-control homeless crisis, rising crime rates, and multiple scandals that have shaken trust in government. With...
GOP Clinches House, Splitting
Congress for Next 2 Years
Nov 16, 2022 6:30 PM CST
GOP Clinches House, Splitting Congress for Next 2 Years
Republican says party delivered on its promise to oust Pelosi as speaker
- More than a week after Election Day, Republicans clinched control of the House of Representatives on Wednesday, setting up split control of Congress for the next two years. California Rep. Mike Garcia was projected to hold onto his seat, per the AP , giving the GOP a House majority. Garcia makes...
DeSantis Speaks Out on
Leaves Trump's Name Out
Nov 16, 2022 12:22 AM CST
DeSantis Speaks Out on 'Underwhelming' Midterms, Leaves Trump's Name Out
Florida governor was no doubt referring to him, however
- He didn't actually mention Donald Trump by name, but Ron DeSantis offered what the
New York Times
calls a "not-so-subtle dig" at the former POTUS shortly before Trump's announcement that he will run for president again in 2024. Referring to the midterm elections, the Florida governor told...
Nevada Count Nears Deadline
Nov 12, 2022 5:40 PM CST
Nevada Count Nears Deadline
Cortez Masto trails Laxalt by a few hundred votes as counting deadline nears
- Nevada's ballot count has entered its final act in the nail-biter contest between Democratic Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto and Republican challenger Adam Laxalt. Saturday is the last day that mail ballots can arrive and be counted under the state's new voting law. Election officials were hustling to get...
Battle for House
Plays Out in
Nov 12, 2022 5:30 AM CST
Battle for House Plays Out in 'Nation's Salad Bowl'
Key races in Calif.'s Central Valley, Orange County remain tight, including for Dem Rep. Katie Porter
- The outcomes in a string of closely matched California US House races that could play into control of the chamber were still unsettled Friday, as millions of ballots remained uncounted in the nation's most populous state. More than a dozen races in the state continued to be in play,...
Kelly Win in Arizona Brings
Dems Closer to Senate Control
Nov 12, 2022 12:33 AM CST
Kelly Win in Arizona Brings Dems Closer to Senate Control
Party now needs to win in either Nevada or Georgia to retain control of chamber
- Democratic Sen. Mark Kelly won his bid for reelection Friday in the crucial swing state of Arizona, defeating Republican venture capitalist Blake Masters to put his party one victory away from clinching control of the chamber for the next two years of Joe Biden’s presidency. With Vice President Kamala...
In Battle for House, Democrats
Keep Chipping Away
Nov 11, 2022 4:45 PM CST
In Battle for House, Democrats Keep Chipping Away
More seats in the West slip away from Republicans, though GOP is still favored
- Republicans were in good shape Friday afternoon in their attempt to take control of the House once all votes are counted, but it's not a lock. Democrats are winning more races and gaining ground in others, a couple of analyses of the election show. Politico and the
Nov 11, 2022 12:30 AM CST
Trump Releases Anti-DeSantis Statement
Calls him an 'average' governor
- As Ron DeSantis was riding high on his massive re-election win and the fawning press that has followed , Donald Trump pooh-poohed all of that in an anti-DeSantis statement he released Thursday. "NewsCorp, which is Fox, the Wall Street Journal, and the no longer great New York Post (bring back...
Now Leads by 1K Votes
Nov 11, 2022 12:00 AM CST
Lauren Boebert Now Leads by 1K Votes
House race in Colorado still too close to call
- After briefly trailing Democratic challenger Adam Frisch by 64 votes , Colorado Republican Rep. Lauren Boebert is back in the lead in her race for re-election to the House. As of midnight Friday, with 99% of the vote counted, she was ahead by 1,122 votes. Boebert, a Trump ally, represents...
in Arizona, Nevada
Nov 10, 2022 11:33 PM CST
Key Senate, Gubernatorial Races in Arizona, Nevada Remain Uncalled
Democrats have narrow leads in Arizona, Republicans in Nevada
- Democrats padded their narrow leads in key Arizona contests on Thursday, but the races for US Senate and governor were still too early to call with about a fifth of the total ballots left to be counted, the AP reports. Democratic Sen. Mark Kelly led Republican Blake Masters by 5....
Advisers to Trump: Delay 2024
Announcement or Risk 'Silence'
Nov 10, 2022 8:46 AM CST
Advisers to Trump: Delay 2024 Announcement or Risk 'Silence'
Disappointing results from some of his endorsed candidates look to have weakened his power
- Republicans are asking former President Trump to delay his announcement of a presumed third White House bid until next month after disappointing midterm results, particularly from the candidates he backed. His own advisers see the results as "wounding to his political future," the
reports, adding advisers...
Dead Democrat Wins Race
Nov 10, 2022 12:06 AM CST
Dead Democrat Wins Race in Pennsylvania
Anthony 'Tony' DeLuca, state's longest-serving state representative, died last month
- Anthony “Tony” DeLuca died last month, in the middle of his re-election race—which he won anyway, by a huge margin. DeLuca, 85 and the longest-serving state representative in Pennsylvania, died of lymphoma less than two weeks after the deadline to change the ballot, the
reports. He was...
Lauren Boebert Currently Trails
Challenger by 64 Votes
Nov 9, 2022 9:39 PM CST
Lauren Boebert Currently Trails Challenger by 64 Votes
And more of the latest on House races
- As of 10:30pm ET Wednesday, the AP had called 391 of the 435 House races, with the Democrats winning 184 of those contests and the Republicans winning 207 so far. Among the latest developments: In New Mexico, incumbent Republican Rep. Yvette Herrell conceded defeat in her race against Democratic...
Biden Praises 'Strong Night' for
Dems, Discusses 2024 Plans
Nov 9, 2022 4:06 PM CST
Biden Praises 'Strong Night' for Dems, Discusses 2024 Plans
He says he'll announce decision on seeking a second term early next year
- "While the press and the pundits were predicting a giant red wave, it didn’t happen," Biden said Wednesday at the White House in his first public remarks since voting in the midterm elections ended. He said Democrats had a "strong night." He acknowledged that many...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
AMC Networks Is Having a Rough Day
They Traveled 2K Miles on Ship's Rudder
They Came In With Paddles to Save Him. A Fireball Erupted
Ariz. Professor Dies on Family Trip to Mexico
200 People Drift Away While Ice Fishing in Minnesota
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.