Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Found Guilty of Tax Fraud
Dec 6, 2022 3:44 PM CST
Trump Organization Found Guilty of Tax Fraud
It's a 'consequential' verdict, Manhattan DA says
- In a big win for prosecutors in Manhattan, Donald Trump's family company has been found guilty of tax fraud. After just over a day of deliberations, a jury found the Trump Organization guilty on all 17 counts connected to a 15-year scheme in which top execs were rewarded with...
A Look at
Oct 24, 2022 9:45 AM CDT
A Look at the Stakes as Trump Trial Begins
Trump Organization (but not the ex-president) faces criminal charges of tax avoidance
- One of the legal issues Donald Trump has been embroiled in comes to a head on Monday in New York State Supreme Court in Manhattan. Jury selection begins in a trial to determine whether the former president's family business empire ran afoul of tax laws. The notable part here:...
Trump's Former Money Guy
Pleads Guilty, Heads to Prison
Aug 18, 2022 10:42 AM CDT
Trump's Former Money Guy Pleads Guilty, Heads to Prison
Allen Weisselberg, 75, also may have to testify about Trump Organization
- A top executive at former President Trump's family business pleaded guilty Thursday to evading taxes in a deal that could potentially make him a star witness against the company at a fall trial, per the AP . Former Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg pleaded guilty to all 15 of the...
Trump's Finance Chief
Expected to Plead Guilty
Aug 16, 2022 12:30 AM CDT
Trump's Finance Chief Expected to Plead Guilty
Allen Weisselberg said to be negotiating plea deal in tax evasion case
- Former President Trump’s longtime finance chief is expected to plead guilty as soon as Thursday in a tax evasion case that is the only criminal prosecution to arise from a long-running investigation into the former president’s company, three people familiar with the matter told the AP . Trump Organization...
Jul 12, 2021 7:10 PM CDT
Trump Takes Weisselberg Off Subsidiaries
Chief financial officer remains in main job but is no longer listed as a director at more than 40 entities
- Allen Weisselberg, chief financial officer of the Trump Organization, has lost his officer positions at more than 40 of the corporation's subsidiaries since being indicted on tax fraud charges. The changes began Thursday, the
reports, when British corporate records show Weisselberg was removed as a director of...
Perks Added Up
Jul 5, 2021 11:40 AM CDT
How Weisselberg's Perks Added Up
Trump executive has pleaded not guilty in tax case
- Many employers provide gym memberships or cellphones, or maybe even the use of a company car, as perks for its staff members. Some of the freebies are taxable, some aren't, CNBC reports. But the tax fraud case brought against Allen Weisselberg, the Trump Organization's chief financial officer, lists...
Trump's Longtime Money
Guy Is in the Crosshairs
Jul 1, 2021 1:56 PM CDT
Trump's Longtime Money Guy Is in the Crosshairs
The big question is whether Allen Weisselberg will cooperate with authorities
- Allen Weisselberg, the longtime chief financial officer of the Trump Organization, pleaded not guilty to tax crime charges Thursday afternoon, one day after he and the business were indicted. A lawyer for the company also pleaded not guilty to what prosecutors called a 15-year scheme to defraud the government "...
Trump Organization, CFO
Indicted on Tax Crimes
Jul 1, 2021 12:30 AM CDT
Trump Organization, CFO Indicted on Tax Crimes
Charges expected to be unsealed Thursday
- As expected , a New York grand jury has indicted the Trump Organization and its chief financial officer, sources tell media outlets including NBC News , CBS News , and the
. The charges are expected to be unsealed Thursday afternoon, so the specific alleged crimes are not yet clear. The...
Report: Trump Organization
Will Be Charged Tomorrow
Jun 30, 2021 10:09 AM CDT
Report: Trump Organization Will Be Charged Tomorrow
Organization and CFO are said to be the ones who will be accused of tax-related crimes
- The Manhattan district attorney's office started investigating the Trump Organization three years ago, and sources tell the
Wall Street Journal
the first criminal charges against it will come tomorrow. Those sources say the Trump Organization and Allen Weisselberg, its CFO, will likely be charged Thursday with tax-related crimes. A...
Criminal Charges in Play
for Trump Organization
Jun 25, 2021 4:14 PM CDT
Criminal Charges in Play for Trump Organization
Prosecutors investigating executives' perks could bring a case next week
- For the first time in the Manhattan district attorney's investigation of the Trump Organization, criminal charges are a possibility—maybe as soon as next week. Lawyers for former President Trump have been told that a criminal case is under consideration, the
New York Times
reports. That part of the...
Report: Trump's Ex-Bodyguard
Is Under the Microscope
Jun 22, 2021 7:42 AM CDT
Report: Trump's Ex-Bodyguard Is Under the Microscope
Sources tell 'WSJ' that Matthew Calamari, now COO of Trump Organization, is part of NY probe
- In February 2019, former Trump attorney Michael Cohen testified in front of Congress that his old boss had inflated the values of assets for insurance purposes. Cohen listed names of other individuals within the Trump Organization who allegedly knew about such practices. Among those names: Matthew Calamari, Trump's ex-bodyguard...
Popular on Newser
Anne Heche's Final Autopsy Results Released
Polygamous Leader Had 'Wives' as Young as 9: FBI
What Sleeping With a Weighted Blanket Does to Your Brain
Germany Uncovers Alleged Coup Plot Involving Aristocrat
Midshipmen Take Prank Tradition to New Heights
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.