Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Got Rid of Drugs
Day of Shooting
Jun 23, 2023 8:45 AM CDT
Armorer Got Rid of Drugs Day of Shooting
Hannah Gutierrez-Reed hit with new charge of evidence tampering
- The armorer on the set of
gave someone drugs on the same day she loaded a live round into a prop gun that went off, killing cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, according to special prosecutors, who've leveled a new charge of evidence tampering. Hannah Gutierrez-Reed "did transfer narcotics to...
Was Likely Hungover
Jun 14, 2023 1:35 PM CDT
Armorer Was Likely Hungover
Prosecutors level new accusations against Hannah Gutierrez-Reed
- The weapons supervisor on the film set where Alec Baldwin shot and killed a cinematographer was drinking and smoking marijuana in the evenings during the filming of
, prosecutors are alleging, saying she was likely hungover when she loaded a live bullet into the revolver that the actor used. They...
Widower of Cinematographer
to Work on Resumed
Apr 18, 2023 4:54 PM CDT
Widower of Cinematographer to Work on Resumed
Matthew Hutchins will be an executive producer
- The Alec Baldwin movie
will resume production this week, according to Rust Movie Productions, about a year and a half after cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was fatally shot on set with a prop gun. Baldwin will return, as will director Joel Souza, who was wounded in the shooting, reports CNBC...
Mar 29, 2023 6:23 PM CDT
Case Steps Aside
Santa Fe prosecutor said she couldn't continue without 'extra manpower'
- Santa Fe District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies has stepped aside from the
prosecution after a series of setbacks and has named two lawyers to take over as special prosecutors,
reports. Earlier this month, special prosecutor Andrea Reeb stepped down from the prosecution of Alec Baldwin and armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed...
Prosecutors: Baldwin Was on
His Phone During Gun Training
Jan 31, 2023 4:53 PM CST
Prosecutors: Baldwin Was on His Phone During Gun Training
Actor, armorer have been formally charged with manslaughter in 'Rust' shooting
- Alec Baldwin has, as expected , been formally charged with involuntary manslaughter in the death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the New Mexico set of
in 2021. Santa Fe District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies filed charges against Baldwin and armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed on Tuesday, the
Santa Fe New Mexican
Jan 19, 2023 2:23 PM CST
Alec Baldwin Responds to Movie-Set Charges
Actor's attorney slams 'terrible miscarriage of justice'
- Alec Baldwin is now facing the possibility of prison over the shooting death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on a movie set in 2021. The district attorney who serves Sante Fe County in New Mexico said Thursday that Baldwin will be charged before the end of the month with involuntary manslaughter,...
Alec Baldwin to Be Charged
in Fatal Movie Shooting
Jan 19, 2023 10:36 AM CST
Alec Baldwin to Be Charged in Fatal Movie Shooting
Actor and 'Rust' armorer charged with involuntary manslaughter in death of Halyna Hutchins
- Alec Baldwin will face criminal charges in the fatal 2021 shooting of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on a movie set. Baldwin will be charged with involuntary manslaughter for firing the shot that killed Hutchins on the set of
, prosecutors in Santa Fe, New Mexico, said Thursday, reports CNN . The movie'...
Settlement Clears Way for
Oct 5, 2022 9:59 AM CDT
Settlement Clears Way for Filming of
Halyna Hutchins' family, Alec Baldwin settle for undisclosed amount
- The family of Halyna Hutchins has settled with Alec Baldwin and Rust Movie Productions for an undisclosed amount in the wake of the cinematographer's 2021 death on the set of
—paving the way for the movie to be completed. Hutchins' family sued Baldwin and the movie's producers...
Aug 15, 2022 7:55 PM CDT
Medical Investigator Rules Film Death Accidental
FBI forensics report says trigger must have been pulled, conflicting with Alec Baldwin's account
- The fatal film-set shooting of a cinematographer by actor Alec Baldwin last year was an accident, New Mexico's Office of the Medical Investigator has determined after an autopsy and a review of law enforcement reports. But Baldwin isn't in the clear yet. Prosecutors have not decided if any...
FBI Report Casts Doubt
on Baldwin's Trigger Claim
Aug 15, 2022 11:35 AM CDT
FBI Report Casts Doubt on Baldwin's Trigger Claim
Actor says he never pulled it in cinematographer's death, but tests suggest that's impossible
- The investigation into exactly what transpired before Alec Baldwin accidentally killed a cinematographer on set is ongoing, but a new FBI report casts doubt on one element of Baldwin's account. The actor told ABC News definitively last year that he never pulled the trigger of what he was told...
Public Saw Hutchins 'Dying'
Before Her Widower: Lawyer
Apr 28, 2022 12:10 PM CDT
Public Saw Hutchins 'Dying' Before Her Widower: Lawyer
Attorney for Matt Hutchins requests footage from first responders be taken down
- The first time Halyna Hutchins’ widower saw footage of her dying on the set of
was in an online news report, his lawyer writes in an email accusing the Santa Fe Sheriff's Office of violating his rights. Among the files released Monday as part of the investigation into...
Asked to Use
Live Rounds on
Apr 26, 2022 10:00 AM CDT
Armorer Asked to Use Live Rounds on Another Movie
Sheriff says action is 'concerning,' amid new file release
- "This is the most horrifying thing I've ever heard in my life," Alec Baldwin told investigators as he was informed that a live round came from the prop gun he handled on the New Mexico set of
. "Someone loaded a live round into the gun...
With Maximum Fine
Apr 20, 2022 4:34 PM CDT
Production Hit With Maximum Fine
New Mexico agency says there was 'plain indifference to employee safety'
- The production company behind
has been hit with the highest fine possible from a New Mexico government agency after a six-month investigation of the on-set accident that killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins. The New Mexico Environment Department’s Occupational Health and Safety Bureau, which concluded there had been "plain...
Alec Baldwin: I Can't Be
Sued Over Fatal Shooting
Mar 11, 2022 2:00 PM CST
Alec Baldwin: I Can't Be Sued Over Fatal Shooting
Actor says his contract shields him from liability in the death
- Alec Baldwin's lawyers have made a new filing in the fatal on-set shooting of cinematographer Haylna Hutchins , and they argue that the actor is protected from liability because of a clause in his contract, per the
. Baldwin makes the case that he was a producer on the...
Husband: Alec Baldwin
Feb 24, 2022 1:00 AM CST
Slain Cinematographer's Husband: Alec Baldwin Is Responsible
Matt Hutchins gives first public statements since his wife's tragic death on 'Rust' set
- The husband of a cinematographer shot and killed on the set of the film
says it's “absurd” that Alex Baldwin believes he's not to blame for the shooting and he was “so angry” when Baldwin didn't accept responsibility, the AP reports. The remarks made...
A Month After
Jan 14, 2022 1:34 AM CST
A Month After Search Warrant, Alec Baldwin Hasn't Turned Over Phone
Baldwin's lawyer says it will happen this week
Nearly one month after a judge approved the Santa Fe County Sheriff's Office's search warrant for Alec Baldwin's phone, the actor has yet to turn it over to authorities. The sheriff's office released a statement Thursday detailing the timeline and noting that on Dec. 20,...
Cops Get Search Warrant
for Alec Baldwin's Cell Phone
Dec 17, 2021 12:56 AM CST
Cops Get Search Warrant for Alec Baldwin's Cell Phone
They want a look at any potential evidence relating to fatal 'Rust' shooting
- New Mexico authorities have obtained a search warrant allowing them to look at Alec Baldwin's cell phone for any potential evidence relating to the fatal shooting of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the
set. Among other things, the search warrant says, authorities have been "made aware there were...
Baldwin Explains Exactly
How He Handled the Gun
Dec 3, 2021 6:29 AM CST
Baldwin Explains Exactly How He Handled the Gun
Actor says he only cocked it
- It was "45 minutes to an hour" after
cinematographer Halnya Hutchins had been shot that actor Alec Baldwin considered the possibility that a live round was in the prop gun he had pointed at her. Initially, he thought she might have fainted or suffered a heart attack after...
'I Didn't Pull the Trigger,'
Baldwin Says About Shooting
Dec 1, 2021 4:33 PM CST
'I Didn't Pull the Trigger,' Baldwin Says About Shooting
Actor gives interview about the on-set death of cinematographer
- "I would never point a gun at anyone and pull the trigger at them, never," Alec Baldwin has said about the fatal shooting on a film set. Halyna Hutchins, the film's cinematographer, was killed, and director Joel Souza was wounded during a rehearsal last month. Baldwin was...
New Leads on How Live Ammo
May Have Gotten on
Dec 1, 2021 6:53 AM CST
New Leads on How Live Ammo May Have Gotten on
Police executed a search warrant Tuesday
- Investigators are following up on new leads regarding the live ammunition that somehow ended up on the New Mexico set of
, killing the film's cinematographer when the gun Alec Baldwin was rehearsing with went off Oct. 21. Movie gun supplier Seth Kenney was supposed to provide blanks and...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
No Shutdown: Congress' Surprise Deal Is Approved
Incurable Disease Is Plaguing Young Workers
He Took a Legendary Cookie Recipe to His Grave. Maybe
Overturned Truck With Toxic Cargo Causes 'Multiple' Deaths
CDC Solves Mystery of Norovirus on Hiking Trail
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.