Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
A Bigger Penalty, but QB
Isn't Admitting to Wrongdoing
Aug 18, 2022 1:25 PM CDT
A Bigger Penalty, but QB Isn't Admitting to Wrongdoing
Such deals don't 'mean that a person is guilty for anything,' says Deshaun Watson
- Deshaun Watson's punishment from the NFL over allegations of sexual misconduct is finally settled. The league and the NFL Players Association agreed Thursday that the Cleveland Browns quarterback will be suspended without pay for 11 games, pay a $5 million fine on top of that, and undergo professional evaluation...
NFL Says It Is Appealing
Deshaun Watson's Punishment
Aug 4, 2022 7:41 AM CDT
NFL Says It Is Appealing Deshaun Watson's Punishment
League wants a longer suspension for Browns QB
- The NFL has decided to appeal the six-game suspension Deshaun Watson received this week, seeking a tougher punishment for the Cleveland Browns quarterback. The suspension was issued Monday by former federal judge Sue L. Robinson, the league's disciplinary officer. The NFL had recommended an indefinite suspension of at least...
Aug 1, 2022 4:51 PM CDT
Browns QB Deshaun Watson Suspended for 'Egregious' Conduct
He's out for 6 games and banned from using non-club-directed massage therapy
This story has been updated with Robinson's remarks
. Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson was suspended for six games Monday after being accused by two dozen women in Texas of sexual misconduct during massage treatments, in what a disciplinary officer said was behavior "more egregious than any before reviewed...
NFL Says Deshaun
Watson Should Be
Jun 28, 2022 11:47 AM CDT
NFL Says Deshaun Watson Should Be Suspended
The decision will be made by the league's disciplinary officer
- The NFL has recommended an indefinite suspension of at least a year for Deshaun Watson, the Cleveland Browns QB embroiled in numerous sexual misconduct allegations. The announcement came ahead of a hearing in which former federal judge Sue L. Robinson—who serves as the NFL's disciplinary officer—will rule...
Embattled QB Settles
20 of 24 Misconduct Lawsuits
Jun 21, 2022 1:48 PM CDT
Embattled QB Settles 20 of 24 Misconduct Lawsuits
Cleveland Browns' Deshaun Watson still faces four trials and possible NFL suspension
- Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson has reached an agreement to settle 20 of the 24 civil lawsuits that had been filed by women who accused him of sexual assault and harassment, an attorney for the women said Tuesday, per the AP . Houston lawyer Tony Buzbee, who represents all 24 women,...
Accusers Hits 23
Jun 1, 2022 12:28 AM CDT
Number of Deshaun Watson Accusers Hits 23
Another sexual misconduct allegation has been revealed
- Another massage therapist has filed a civil lawsuit against Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson, raising the number of women who have accused him of sexual misconduct to 23, the AP reports. Attorney Tony Buzbee, who is representing all the women, filed the latest lawsuit Tuesday in Texas and said in...
Team Welcomes Quarterback
Accused by 22 Women
Mar 25, 2022 4:05 PM CDT
Team Welcomes Quarterback Accused by 22 Women
Deshaun Watson proclaims innocence after Texas grand juries declined to indict him
- Deshaun Watson maintained his innocence and strongly denied committing any sexual misconduct despite allegations made by 22 women against the Cleveland Browns' new starting quarterback. At his introductory news conference on Friday, Watson showed little emotion while saying he's done nothing illegal, the AP reports. "I've never...
Grand Jury: Texans QB Won't
Face Criminal Charges
Mar 12, 2022 8:45 AM CST
Grand Jury: Texans QB Won't Face Criminal Charges
Masseuses have sued Deshaun Watson over allegations of sex harassment, assault
Thanks to a grand jury decision this week, Deshaun Watson won't be indicted in Texas after lawsuits brought by nearly two dozen women who accuse him of harassment and sexual assault. ESPN reports that, for more than six hours on Friday, prosecutors from the Harris County DA's...
Popular on Newser
Ukrainian Diplomat Has 2-Word Response to Elon Musk Proposal
It's Been a Wild 24 Hours for Herschel Walker
Auction House Said Vase Was Ordinary. Bidders Disagreed
Trump Sues CNN for $475M
Supreme Court Just Got What May Be Its Weirdest Brief of the Year
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.