Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
King Charles III
Stories 1 - 20 |
In Part of England, the King
Profits From People's Deaths
Nov 23, 2023 1:57 PM CST
In Part of England, the King Profits From People's Deaths
Monarch's property estate receives funds from those who die without wills, next of kin
- The deaths of thousands of people in parts of England have increased the personal wealth of King Charles III, according to a
investigation that might persuade many people—especially those opposed to the monarchy—to write wills. In most of England and Wales, the assets of people who die...
On Anniversary of Death, King
Shares Unreleased Queen Pic
Sep 8, 2023 10:59 AM CDT
On Anniversary of Death, King Shares Unreleased Queen Pic
Charles III, Queen Camilla also held prayer service for Elizabeth II near Balmoral
- Friday marks one year since the death of Queen Elizabeth II , and the royal family has circulated a never-before-released portrait of the late monarch in commemoration. "We recall with great affection her long life, devoted service, and all she meant to so many of us," King Charles III...
Jul 21, 2023 7:36 AM CDT
Guess Who's Getting a 45% Raise?
King Charles' sovereign grant to climb to $160M in 2025, up from the current $111M
- King Charles III is set to receive a 45% raise. On Thursday, the UK Treasury announced details of the monarchy's annual budget, known as the sovereign grant, suggesting it would be slashed in the coming years to allow funds to be spent on public services, as the king himself...
Palace Rules on
Biden's Royal Touch
Jul 10, 2023 3:55 PM CDT
Palace Rules on Biden's Royal Touch
King Charles didn't mind the 'symbol of warmth and affection,' aide says
- Commoners might have wondered whether President Biden broke royal protocol in placing a hand on the back of King Charles outside Windsor Castle on Monday. They already had shaken hands and were heading to a platform, up a few steps, to listen to a band and review the Welsh Guards,...
an Elaborate Day
for King Charles
Jul 5, 2023 7:46 AM CDT
In Scotland, an Elaborate Day for King Charles
He'll be presented with the Scottish crown jewels
- Two months after the lavish coronation of King Charles III at Westminster Abbey in London, Scotland is set to host its own event to mark the new monarch's accession to the throne. While Charles and Queen Camilla won't be crowned a second time Wednesday in Edinburgh, the festivities...
This Guy Owns 1/6th of Earth
Jun 18, 2023 12:50 PM CDT
This Guy Owns 1/6th of Earth
King Charles and the British royals own 6.6B acres
- For anyone who's ever wondered who the world's biggest land baron is, the answer is some guy with a bunch of first names: Charles Philip Arthur George. Or Britain's King Charles III, as he's better known, Digg reports in a look at the top 25. Seems...
In Video, Soldier Who Fainted
Tries to Keep Playing Trombone
Jun 12, 2023 2:30 AM CDT
In Video, Soldier Who Fainted Tries to Keep Playing Trombone
2 others also fainted while rehearsing for King Charles' birthday celebration
- As soldiers rehearsed in London Saturday for King Charles' upcoming birthday parade, one of them fainted—but got back up and tried to continue playing the trombone. He was soon escorted away to get checked out,
reports. The Massed Bands of the Household Division will perform next weekend at...
Meet Dame Jacinda
Jun 5, 2023 11:00 AM CDT
Meet Dame Jacinda
Former New Zealand PM given one of nation's highest honors
- You might remember her as the youngest prime minster New Zealand has ever seen; who picked up the state house phone herself when a journalist called to ask how to pronounce her name; who became only the second world leader to give birth in office ; who won global praise for...
King Charles Offers Surprise
Tribute to Tina Turner
May 29, 2023 1:09 PM CDT
King Charles Offers Surprise Tribute to Tina Turner
Band performs 'The Best' during changing of the guard outside Buckingham Palace
- If you can't get enough of the tributes honoring Tina Turner , who died at age 83 after a long illness, here's one more, courtesy of King Charles III. Each day, visitors outside London's Buckingham Palace are treated to the changing of the guard, a 45-minute ceremony in...
Gets a Royal Surprise
May 8, 2023 8:00 AM CDT
Gets a Royal Surprise
King Charles and Queen Camilla join live show by videoconference with judges Perry, Richie
was live on Sunday night as the singing competition reality show kicks into high gear, though two of the regular judges played their part from across the pond. Katy Perry and Lionel Riche videoconferenced in from England's Windsor Castle, where they'd just performed at the coronation...
No Harry on Royal Balcony
After Charles Gets His Crown
May 6, 2023 10:00 AM CDT
No Harry on Royal Balcony After Charles Gets His Crown
Prince was in attendance for coronation ceremony, though; entire event estimated to cost up to $125M
- King Charles III can breathe a sigh of relief: The most pressure-filled part of his coronation day is over. The newly crowned 74-year-old monarch and his wife, Queen Camilla, who was also coronated Saturday at London's Westminster Abbey, headed back in their carriage afterward to Buckingham Palace, where crowds...
King Charles III Notches
a First at Coronation
May 6, 2023 7:08 AM CDT
King Charles III Notches a First at Coronation
No other UK monarch has prayed aloud at their own crowning ceremony before
- It was an event decades in the making. King Charles III was crowned Saturday in a ceremony rife with pageantry, using a blueprint that "has stayed much the same for more than 1,000 years," notes CNN . After a procession in a golden carriage to Westminster Abbey, the...
May 6, 2023 5:30 AM CDT
'Operation Golden Orb' Has Begun
Coronation of King Charles III, wife Camilla kicks off in London
- King Charles III is being crowned Saturday at Westminster Abbey, in a ceremony built on ancient traditions, at a time when the monarchy faces an uncertain future. More than 2,000 guests, thousands of troops, tens of thousands of spectators, and a smattering of protesters converged in and around the...
King Charles III Had One Last
Surprise Before Coronation
May 5, 2023 11:30 AM CDT
King Charles III Had One Last Surprise Before Coronation
Monarch shows up Friday for meet-and-greet outside Buckingham Palace, day before crowning
- King Charles III surprised a crowd of fans on Friday who'd begun gathering ahead of his coronation, assembled outside London's Buckingham Palace. The king; his eldest son, Prince William; and daughter-in-law, Kate, stopped for a walkabout to shake hands and speak briefly with the adoring throng, reports the...
Risks Wrath of
May 5, 2023 8:45 AM CDT
One Coronation Crown Jewel Risks Wrath of Prince William
Rod Camilla will hold would go against his anti-ivory stance; plus, other crown jewel controversies
- The royal family will be pulling out all the stops for King Charles III's coronation on Saturday, including showing off the revered crown jewels, the gems and other ceremonial objects that are dusted off for crownings of sovereigns and their consorts.
Town & Country
notes the regalia isn't...
Trump Slams Harry, Meghan
Ahead of Coronation
May 4, 2023 9:03 AM CDT
Trump Slams Harry, Meghan Ahead of Coronation
He says Biden is also 'very disrespectful'
- With Britain preparing for its first coronation since 1953, former President Trump shared his thoughts with broadcaster GB News during his visit to Scotland this week. Trump—who is not on the guest list for the coronation of King Charles III—said "it's going to be a great...
Man Throwing Shotgun Shells
Arrested at Buckingham Palace
May 2, 2023 6:09 PM CDT
Man Throwing Shotgun Shells Arrested at Buckingham Palace
Authorities conducted a controlled explosion of a package in the man's possession
- A man carrying a mysterious package has been arrested for allegedly throwing suspected shotgun cartridges into the grounds of Buckingham Palace. This marks a serious security incident just days before King Charles III's coronation. The
reports the incident occurred at 7pm local time on Tuesday. It prompted an...
In a First, Subjects to Be Asked
to Pledge Allegiance to King
Apr 30, 2023 5:35 PM CDT
In a First, Subjects to Be Asked to Pledge Allegiance to King
Public can participate in coronation for the first time, wherever they are
- Organizers had promised new elements in the ancient ceremony that will bring the coronation of Britain's King Charles on Saturday. One of them revealed this weekend is this announcement planned during the service: "All who so desire, in the Abbey, and elsewhere, say together: I swear that I...
First 'Comprehensive Audit'
of King's Wealth Unveiled
Apr 20, 2023 10:10 AM CDT
First 'Comprehensive Audit' of King's Wealth Unveiled
Spokesperson calls figures from 'Guardian' a mix of 'speculation, assumption, and inaccuracy'
- While he's not in the same league of wealth as the king of Saudi Arabia, the sultan of Brunei, or even the Prince of Liechtenstein, Britain's King Charles III has inherited assets that have inflated his net worth to well over $2 billion, according to the
He Tried to Egg the King,
Called It 'Lawful Violence'
Apr 14, 2023 11:03 AM CDT
He Tried to Egg the King, Called It 'Lawful Violence'
Patrick Thelwell, 23, found guilty of threatening behavior
- He wore high-heeled shoes to better see the king, but the eggs he hurled at the monarch missed. Patrick Thelwell was arrested all the same over the November incident, and on Friday he was found guilty of threatening behavior. The BBC reports the 23-year-old threw five eggs in the direction...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Pence: Errant Comma in Book Affects Meaning of Trump Line
Former WWE Star Sentenced to 17 Years After Fatal DUI Crash
Google Maps: We're Going to Scrap That Desert Detour
Awards Season Kicks Off With De Niro Going Off-Script
Nikki Haley Just Scored a Major Endorsement
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.