Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Trump 'So Happy'
Mar 25, 2020 10:45 AM CDT
Trump 'So Happy' About Romney's Coronavirus Results
Politico describes president's tweet as being one of 'mock excitement'
- Mitt Romney remains in self-quarantine even though he announced Tuesday afternoon that he'd tested negative for COVID-19 after being in close contact with Sen. Rand Paul. On Wednesday, President Trump commented on the test results in a tweet the
Salt Lake Tribune
describes as containing "a measure of...
Mystery of Mitt Romney's
Presidential Vote Solved
May 31, 2018 9:55 AM CDT
Mystery of Mitt Romney's Presidential Vote Solved
He wrote in the name of his wife, Ann
- Mitt Romney said long before the November 2016 election he wouldn't be casting his ballot for either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton, but the person he did vote for has remained a mystery—until now. "I wrote in the name of a person who I admire deeply, who...
Center to Fight
Oct 14, 2014 11:25 AM CDT
Romneys Opening Center to Fight Brain Disease
Will focus on Alzheimer's, multiple sclerosis, and other ailments with no cure
- Their legacy already established in politics, Mitt Romney and his wife, Ann, are working to leave a lasting mark on neuroscience. Boston's Brigham and Women's Hospital today will announce the launch of the Ann Romney Center for Neurologic Diseases, a venture funded by the Romneys and their expansive...
to Ann Romney:
Aug 5, 2014 10:37 AM CDT
Virginia's Ex-First Lady Pitched Pills to Ann Romney: Testimony
Former Bob McDonnell aide: She said it could cure MS
- As Virginia's former first couple faces trial for alleged graft , a former aide to ex-Gov. Bob McDonnell is offering some damning testimony. McDonnell's wife tried to pitch a nutritional supplement to Mitt Romney, the aide testified, and when that fell through, she pitched it to Ann Romney instead....
Romney Finally Breaks Silence
Mar 1, 2013 5:45 AM CST
Romney Finally Breaks Silence
Church experiences prepared them for election's end: Ann
- Mitt Romney is finally speaking publicly about last year's election, and he likens it to a roller coaster. "Exciting and thrilling, ups and downs. But the ride ends," he told Chris Wallace in a Fox News interview to air Sunday. "And then you get off. And...
: What About
a Romney for Senate?
Feb 2, 2013 1:25 PM CST
: What About a Romney for Senate?
It says some state Republicans are thinking about Ann or Tagg
- Scott Brown's political bombshell that he will not run for Senate has Massachusetts Republicans scrambling to find a replacement. Which is why the
today floats the inevitable speculation: What about a Romney? And no, not
Romney. Try Ann or son Tagg. The story says some top...
I Ran for
Prez, I Lost
Dec 9, 2012 6:46 AM CST
Romney to Pacquiao: Hello, Manny, I Ran for Prez, I Lost
So did Pacquiao in knockout stunner
- Mitt Romney continued his post-election re-entry last night by taking in the fourth fight between boxer Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez in Las Vegas, and the AP notes that the candidate dropped by Pacquiao's dressing room beforehand with this strange greeting: "Hello Manny. I ran for president....
Life: Ann's Tears,
Dec 2, 2012 11:32 AM CST
Inside Mitt's Post-Election Life: Ann's Tears, Boston Market
Insiders say he's not bitter, but trying to find purpose
- There are no bourbon-fueled benders, beards, or pity parties for the man who four weeks ago lost the White House, but Mitt Romney wakes up each day deprived perhaps for the first time in his life of any real sense of purpose, reports the
in a lengthy look...
Nov 9, 2012 7:57 AM CST
'Shocked' Romney 'Hastily Composed' Concession
Why the campaign really thought it was going to win
- Mitt Romney's surrogates weren't bluffing when they said they thought he would win; they expected Pennsylvania to be close, North Carolina to be a blowout, and Florida to be a comfortable win, they tell CBS News . When none of that happened, Romney "was shellshocked," one adviser...
If Mitt Loses,
No More Races
Oct 18, 2012 2:50 PM CDT
Ann Romney: If Mitt Loses, No More Races
She says this would be her husband's last hurrah in politics
- Ann Romney says her husband will not run again if this race doesn't turn out the way they hope. Romney told ABC's
today that it was "a very hard thing" to put her family through another White House bid after he lost the 2008 Republican...
Oct 8, 2012 10:39 AM CDT
GOPer Retweets Romney Threats to @SecretService
Twitterverse in an uproar
- Twitter might not be the best place to sound off about your deep-seated desire to, say, crash Mitt Romney's plane, but apparently lots of users haven't figured that nuance out, reports the Blaze . So one Todd Kincannon , a former South Carolina GOP honcho, is retweeting some of the...
Kills as Ann Romney
Sep 23, 2012 12:22 PM CDT
Newcomer Kills as Ann Romney
Also, Democrats and their fancy rapper friends are the elite ones
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Mumford and Sons may have headlined last night's
Saturday Night Live,
but newcomer Kate McKinnon might just have stolen the show, reports the Huffington Post . Appearing as Ann Romney on "Weekend Update," the freshman declared that the campaign meant "We're missin' apple-pickin'...
Sep 21, 2012 4:12 PM CDT
Ann Romney's Plane Makes Emergency Landing
Electrical fire fills cabin with smoke
- A plane carrying Ann Romney, Mitt Romney's wife, made an emergency landing this afternoon after smoke filled the cabin. No injuries were reported. An apparent electrical fire forced the detour on the flight from Omaha, Nebraska, to Los Angeles, campaign spokeswoman Andrea Saul said. The candidate and his wife...
to Mitt's Critics:
Sep 21, 2012 3:54 AM CDT
Ann Romney to Mitt's Critics: Stop It
'You want to try it? Get in the ring,' she says
- This hasn't been a great week for the Romney campaign, but Ann Romney has had quite enough of hearing fellow Republicans criticize her husband. "Stop it. This is hard. You want to try it? Get in the ring," she said during an interview with Radio Iowa yesterday....
Sep 17, 2012 1:15 AM CDT
Rodeo Clown Ripped for 'Racist' Michelle Dig
Now California quipster may get ax
- A California rodeo clown will likely lose his job after sharing what spectators ripped as a racist joke about the first lady over the microphone during a bronc and bull-busting event. The clown quipped that
had offered Ann Romney $250,000 to appear in the magazine, and the White...
Romney Goes on
Sep 14, 2012 1:44 PM CDT
Romney Goes on
He likes to wear what to bed?!
- Mitt Romney went into total TMI mode during a taping of
Live! with Kelly and Michael
today. The appearance will air Tuesday, and the
offers a sneak peek of what you have to look forward to:
His bedtime attire
: "As little as possible."
Why he loves
Sep 4, 2012 9:35 PM CDT
Michelle: Stand by My Man
'You don't slam door of opportunity shut behind you,' says Obama
- Michelle Obama sashayed to the Democratic National Convention podium tonight to Stevie Wonder's "Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours," intent on delivering a one-two punch to Ann Romney and her husband. The first lady confessed her trepidation about her husband becoming the commander in chief when he...
Ann Romney, Christie
Lift Republican Spirits
Aug 29, 2012 5:00 AM CDT
Ann Romney, Christie Lift Republican Spirits
Rousing speeches good for party, but may not help Mitt
- Last night was a good night to be a Republican, with rousing speeches from Ann Romney and Chris Christie lifting spirits at the convention, say pundits—but it's not clear how much the speeches will lift the Romney campaign.
Ann Romney's moving, deeply personal speech lingered even after
Aug 28, 2012 8:54 PM CDT
Ann: My Mitt Will Lift Up America
'I love you, women, I hear your voices,' says convention darling
- Ann Romney had the Republican National Convention in the palm of her hand tonight when she took the stage to woo women voters and paint her hubby as loving, humble, and the best man to lead the nation. She began her speech by hailing love, mothers, and families. "I...
What to Watch at RNC Tonight
Aug 28, 2012 7:41 AM CDT
What to Watch at RNC Tonight
Ann Romney, Chris Christie, Rick Santorum the highlights
- After a rained-out Day 1 , Republicans will finally get to speechifying today at their national convention in Tampa, with things officially kicking off at 2pm. Here are the biggest names on the docket today, according to
The star will be Ann Romney, who has the perhaps unenviable job
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Red Lobster Misjudged Diners' Hunger for Endless Shrimp
Investigation Lobs Disturbing Allegations Against Candy Giant
A 'Familiar Maternal Face on TV' Dead at 93
Morgan Names Royals Who Made Alleged Racist Comments
Henry Kissinger Dies at 100
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.