Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Aug 23, 2022 2:18 PM CDT
The Best US Airlines, Ranked
The Points Guy crowns Delta as king
- The Points Guy website is out with its annual ranking of US airlines, and Delta comes out on top by a rather comfortable margin. The top-10 ranking takes into account all the factors you'd expect—on-time flights, cancellations, general reliability, cost, scheduling, frequent-flier perks, and more. Here are the...
Thanks for Our
Travel Woes, Florida
Aug 17, 2022 3:16 PM CDT
Thanks for Our Travel Woes, Florida
Activity in Florida airspace is messing flights up for the whole country, per 'WSJ'
- In June, federal stats showed that the four big airports in Florida—Orlando, Tampa, Fort Lauderdale, and Miami—were among the top five worst airports in terms of on-time arrivals, per the
New York Post
. But what happens in Florida apparently isn't staying in Florida, with a logjammed "...
Jet Passengers Heard a Bang,
Saw the Hole Upon Landing
Jul 7, 2022 4:45 PM CDT
Jet Passengers Heard a Bang, Saw the Hole Upon Landing
Airbus 380 flew nearly 14 hours to Australia with damaged exterior
- About 45 minutes into their 14-hour flight from the United Arab Emirates to Australia, passengers heard a loud bang, reports Insider . It's probably just as well they didn't see what that bang did to their Airbus 380 jet until they landed: As these tweeted images show, it blew...
It's Another Rough Day
for Air Travelers
Jun 17, 2022 1:01 PM CDT
It's Another Rough Day for Air Travelers
US airlines are canceling flights left and right amid storms and big crowds
- US airlines canceled high numbers of flights for a second straight day on Friday as they tried to recover from storms while accommodating growing crowds of summer vacationers, per the AP . By early afternoon in the eastern US, airlines has scrubbed more than 1,100 flights after canceling more than...
Plane Passenger Accused
of Groping 2 Women
Jun 2, 2022 6:17 PM CDT
Plane Passenger Accused of Groping 2 Women
Jairaj Singh Dhillon of California says he took an Ambien, can't remember alleged incidents
- Another disturbing incident in the skies : A California man has been charged with groping two female passengers on a JetBlue flight out of Los Angeles. Federal prosecutors say Jairaj Singh Dhillon of Modesto, 42, groped the thigh and groin of the woman sitting next to him about 30 minutes into...
Another 1.4K Flights Canceled
During Busy Holiday Weekend
May 29, 2022 10:09 PM CDT
Another 1.4K Flights Canceled During Busy Holiday Weekend
Sunday's cancellations added to thousands from Friday, Saturday
Hundreds of flights worldwide were canceled by Sunday evening, adding to the mounting number of scrubbed flights during the busy Memorial Day holiday weekend in the US. About 1,460 flights had been canceled as of 7pm EDT Sunday, according to flight tracking website FlightAware. That followed more than...
United Passenger Arrested
After Unorthodox Exit
May 5, 2022 2:30 PM CDT
United Passenger Arrested After Unorthodox Exit
Police say man opened emergency door, walked onto wing of taxiing plane, and slid to ground
- In the latest installment of tales about unruly air passengers , Chicago police arrested a man who disembarked via an emergency exit onto the wing—while the plane was taxiing. The incident happened on a United jet that landed at O'Hare from San Diego early Thursday morning, reports NBC News...
US Airlines, Ranked
Apr 19, 2022 9:13 AM CDT
US Airlines, Ranked
Delta is No. 1 in eyes of WalletHub
- Earlier this year, the
Wall Street Journal
ranked Delta as the best American airline. Now WalletHub is out with a ranking of its own, and it reaches the same conclusion. The site ranked the nine biggest US airlines, plus two regional carriers, on the usual mix of metrics—price, reliability,...
Travel Mask Mandate
Extended Another 15 Days
Apr 13, 2022 2:00 PM CDT
Travel Mask Mandate Extended Another 15 Days
CDC says it needs more time to assess impact of BA.2 subvariant
- The nationwide mask mandate on planes, trains, and other public transportation has been extended yet again. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Wednesday that the mandate, which had been due to expire April 18, will be extended for at least another 15 days, meaning travelers will be required...
American Airlines' New
Connecting Flights Are Buses
Apr 8, 2022 9:40 AM CDT
American Airlines' New Connecting Flights Are Buses
Airline is adding road routes between airports in Pennsylvania and New Jersey
- American Airlines passengers in Pennsylvania and New Jersey may find themselves on an unusual connecting "flight"—one that makes use of a bus instead of a plane. Airline Weekly reports that the airline has hired the Landline bus company to ferry passengers between Philadelphia International Airport and smaller...
Air Passenger Gropes Flight
Attendant, Is Going to Prison
Jan 28, 2022 2:22 PM CST
Air Passenger Gropes Flight Attendant, Is Going to Prison
Canadian national gets 6-month sentence for American Airlines assault
- Another ugly incident in the skies: A 50-year-old Canadian man has been sentenced to six months in a US prison after he groped a flight attendant, reports NBC News . Enio Socorro Zayas was sentenced this week in a Florida federal court after his assault on an American Airlines employee on...
Is the Best
of All Major
Jan 28, 2022 10:30 AM CST
This Airline Is the Best of All Major US Carriers
'WSJ' puts Delta at the top of its annual list, JetBlue at the bottom
- Between industrywide woes , unruly passengers , and sharing a name with a coronavirus variant, one could say the pandemic has not been kind to Delta Air Lines. Now, a bit of good news has come Delta's way, as it takes the top spot in the
Wall Street Journal
This Is the Safest
Airline in the World
Jan 8, 2022 9:30 AM CST
This Is the Safest Airline in the World
Air New Zealand takes top spot in AirlineRatings.com's annual ranking
- People are flying again, though the current COVID surge has put a damper on many a winter vacation. If you're going to fly, though, you'll want to make sure your airline of choice is following best practices for safety—which is why AirlineRatings.com's latest ranking comes...
America's Flight Woes
Stretch Into Day 5
Dec 28, 2021 7:33 AM CST
America's Flight Woes Stretch Into Day 5
Tuesday brings more delays, cancellations
If you were hoping today would bring the reprieve to the travel woes that have been persisting since Friday, bad news: Another swatch of flights have already been canceled on Tuesday. CNN cites FlightAware data that shows roughly 700 flights within, into, or out of the US have been...
White House Is
Lifting Travel Curbs
on 8 African Countries
Dec 24, 2021 10:43 AM CST
White House Is Lifting Travel Curbs on 8 African Countries
Feds say restrictions bought time to better understand omicron variant
- With omicron now by far the dominant COVID variant in the US, authorities apparently don't see much point in continuing to ban travelers from southern Africa, where the variant was first detected last month. The White House confirmed Friday that the ban on non-US citizens who had been in...
CDC Relaxes Dog Import Ban
Nov 26, 2021 1:19 PM CST
CDC Relaxes Dog Import Ban
You'll need valid US vaccination certificate to get your pooch home from 113 countries
Six weeks after banning the importation of dogs from 113 countries over fears of fraudulent rabies vaccination certificates, the CDC is bending a little. It will now allow dogs to return to the US from those countries as long as they are healthy, microchipped, at least six months old,...
37 Airline Passengers
Considered for Prosecution
Nov 5, 2021 4:07 PM CDT
37 Airline Passengers Considered for Prosecution
FAA has new process to send cases of misbehavior to FBI
- The Federal Aviation Administration says it has referred 37 cases involving unruly airline passengers to the FBI for possible criminal prosecution since the number of disruptions on flights began to spike in January. FAA and Justice Department officials said Thursday that in the past three months, they have developed a...
Travel Trouble Continues
for American Airlines
Nov 1, 2021 3:25 PM CDT
Travel Trouble Continues for American Airlines
Hundreds more flights are canceled Monday
It wasn't a great weekend to be a passenger on American Airlines, and things haven't improved much on Monday. The airline has canceled about 400 more flights, more than 14% of the day's total, bringing the number of canceled flights since Friday to more than 2,...
Former Flight Attendants Strip
In Protest of Job Losses
Oct 23, 2021 1:31 PM CDT
Former Flight Attendants Strip In Protest of Job Losses
About 50 women were also protesting colleagues' working conditions
- About 50 women who until recently were flight attendants for Alitalia staged a protest in Rome on Wednesday in which they stripped off their uniforms and stood chanting in their undergarments. The women chanted “We are Alitalia,” protesting the loss of their jobs, and the working conditions for...
Foreign Travelers, Welcome
Back to the US—If Vaxxed
Oct 15, 2021 12:56 PM CDT
Foreign Travelers, Welcome Back to the US—If Vaxxed
Starting Nov. 8, travel rules for fully vaccinated from abroad will ease
- The White House is lifting travel restrictions on Nov. 8 for fully vaccinated individuals arriving in the US by air or over land borders. Foreign nationals will be able to travel to the US if they show proof of vaccination and a negative COVID-19 test taken within three days of...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Trump Says McConnell Has 'Death Wish,' Insults His Wife
Ruling on Naomi Judd Death Probe Sees a 180
A $1.2B Ship Was Destroyed. Now, a Sailor Hears His Fate
One Take on Tagovailoa's Hit: 'How Are We So Stupid in 2022'
A Daughter Changes Her Mind About Zodiac Killer's Identity
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.