Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Ben and Jerry's
Ben & Jerry's Sues
Parent Company to
Stop Israel Deal
Jul 6, 2022 1:31 AM CDT
Ben & Jerry's Sues Parent Company to Stop Israel Deal
Company still doesn't want its ice cream sold in Israeli-occupied territories
- Ben & Jerry's announced plans to stop selling its ice cream in the West Bank and east Jerusalem nearly a year ago, a move that did not go over well with Israel . On June 29, the ice cream maker's parent company, Unilever, announced it would sell the Ben...
Ben & Jerry's Workers Love
Their Pets. An Idea Was Born
Jan 12, 2021 7:21 AM CST
Ben & Jerry's Workers Love Their Pets. An Idea Was Born
Ice cream maker debuts Doggie Desserts, frozen treats for man's best friend
- If your puppy salivates every time he sees you eating an ice cream cone, Ben & Jerry's now has a remedy. Per CNN , the Unilever-owned company on Monday debuted Doggie Desserts , nondairy frozen treats for our four-legged friends that were inspired by the pets of Ben & Jerry's...
Kaepernick Brings His Fight
to the Ice Cream Aisle
Dec 11, 2020 12:11 AM CST
Kaepernick Brings His Fight to the Ice Cream Aisle
Via his own Ben & Jerry's flavor
- Colin Kaepernick now has his own ice cream flavor. Ben & Jerry's on Thursday announced "Change the Whirled," a non-dairy flavor (in honor of Kaepernick's vegan diet) coming to stores early next year, per Deadspin . The former San Francisco 49ers quarterback, who is still without an...
Lawsuit Takes Issue With
Ben & Jerry's 'Happy Cows'
Nov 10, 2019 1:39 PM CST
Lawsuit Takes Issue With Ben & Jerry's 'Happy Cows'
Suit: Some milk comes from cows on factory-style, mass-production dairy operations
- Ben & Jerry's is facing a lawsuit accusing the ice cream maker and its parent company of false advertising by saying the milk and cream in its products come from "happy cows." In a complaint filed Oct. 29 in federal court in Burlington, Vermont, where Ben &...
Ben & Jerry's
Oct 30, 2018 4:22 PM CDT
Ben & Jerry's Launches 'Pecan Resist' Ice Cream
Politically-charged flavor announced ahead of midterm elections
- Ice cream maker Ben & Jerry's is taking a stand against what it calls the Trump administration's regressive policies by rebranding one of its flavors Pecan Resist, the AP reports. The company and its founders unveiled the limited batch ice cream flavor Pecan Resist Tuesday in Washington ahead...
Unexpected Ben & Jerry's
Jul 26, 2017 12:30 PM CDT
Unexpected Ben & Jerry's Ingredient: Herbicide
Traces of glyphosate found in ice cream samples
- Ben & Jerry's: non-GMO , fair trade , made with " caring dairy " and cage-free eggs , concerned with the environment ... and containing herbicide? The popular ice cream brand is under fire after the Organic Consumers Association released Tuesday a list of food brands found to contain traces of glyphosate, the...
Ben & Jerry's Now Has
Vegan Ice Cream
Feb 3, 2016 4:05 PM CST
Ben & Jerry's Now Has Vegan Ice Cream
Company adds 4 flavors of non-dairy frozen dessert
- Raise your spoons: Ben & Jerry's now has non-dairy ice cream after years of being asked to make it. The Vermont ice cream maker has created four flavors using a certified vegan almond milk base, all of them available in pints, the AP reports. Available are the classic Chunky...
Ben & Jerry's
Co-Founder Wants You to
Eat the Bern
Jan 26, 2016 8:46 AM CST
Ben & Jerry's Co-Founder Wants You to Eat the Bern
Bernie Sanders gets his own ice cream flavor
- Those who feel the Bern can now eat their feelings, thanks to one of the founders of Ben & Jerry's. To honor fellow Vermonter Bernie Sanders, Ben Cohen unveiled a limited-edition batch of "Bernie's Yearning"—plain mint ice cream covered by a milk-chocolate disc, Politico reports....
Thieves Steal $1K of
Ben & Jerry's—and It Melts
Aug 21, 2013 9:40 AM CDT
Thieves Steal $1K of Ben & Jerry's—and It Melts
Swedes lose their loot in the getaway
- Now we all love Phish Food, but this is a step too far: Two men recently stole $1,380 worth of Ben & Jerry's ice cream from a truck sitting outside a wholesale center in Sweden, reports the Local . Unfortunately for the sweet-toothed Swedes, they were caught in the...
Ben & Jerry's Sues Maker
of 'Ben & Cherry's' Pornos
Sep 6, 2012 7:26 AM CDT
Ben & Jerry's Sues Maker of 'Ben & Cherry's' Pornos
Ice cream giant says it's smearing their reputation
- Ben & Jerry's wants the porn industry to keep its Schweddy Balls away from its trademark. The beloved ice cream company is suing the makers of the "Ben & Cherry's" series of X-rated films, which includes such classics as,
Boston Cream Thigh
Peanut Butter D-Cup
Feb 28, 2012 7:01 AM CST
Occupiers Get Cash From... Corporate Bosses
Ben and Jerry's leading the way
- As the last Occupy camps are dismantled , an unlikely force has emerged to keep the rag-tag protest movement going. A team of corporate leaders is joining forces to raise money for protesters, with some $300,000 collected so far. Among the members of the new Movement Resource Group are Ben...
Ben & Jerry's Backs
Occupy Wall Street
Oct 10, 2011 8:34 AM CDT
Ben & Jerry's Backs Occupy Wall Street
Technically, that means the movement has corporate support
- First the Marines came to support Occupy Wall Street, then the labor unions . Next up: corporations? Ben & Jerry’s has posted a statement of support on its website —and though you may think of it as a hippie-flavored ice cream company, it’s actually a subsidiary of the...
Jun 16, 2011 1:11 PM CDT
Coming Soon: Schweddy Balls Ice Cream?
Ben & Jerry's won't confirm or deny hilarious rumor
- Ben & Jerry’s is known for its unconventional ice cream flavors , but would they really go this far? Ana Gasteyer started a rumor when she recently told NY1 , “Ben and Jerry's is coming out with a Schweddy Balls ice cream for Christmas this year,” referring to...
It's Fallon Vs. Colbert
in Battle of the Ice Creams
late night wars?
Mar 3, 2011 12:32 PM CST
It's Fallon Vs. Colbert in Battle of the Ice Creams
'Late Night Snack' is made with fair trade ingredients
- Watch out, Stephen Colbert: You have some late-night competition ... in the form of ice cream. Colbert launched his very own Ben & Jerry's flavor, AmeriCone Dream, in 2007, and last night fellow late show host Jimmy Fallon did the same. Ben & Jerry's Late Night Snack is vanilla ice cream...
Ben & Jerry's Salutes
Gay Marriage With
Sep 1, 2009 10:29 AM CDT
Ben & Jerry's Salutes Gay Marriage With 'Hubby Hubby'
Free ice cream celebrates Vermont's new law
- What better way to celebrate gay marriage than free ice cream? Ben & Jerry’s is doing just that in its home state of Vermont, where “Chubby Hubby” will be temporarily renamed “Hubby Hubby” and handed out for free today, the
reports. The move has its...
Do Your Civic Duty and Get a Free Sex Toy
Nov 3, 2008 11:50 AM CST
Do Your Civic Duty and Get a Free Sex Toy
Or coffee, doughnuts, ice cream as shops reward US voters
- Joining a host of firms rewarding US voters, a sex-toy chain is giving out self-pleasuring devices to customers who have stopped at the polls, MSNBC reports. Men get “Maverick” sleeves: “He’s always there to lend a hand, he works for every man, and he bucks the status...
10 Sweet Spots to Visit
Aug 26, 2007 5:10 PM CDT
10 Sweet Spots to Visit
Willy Wonka may be a fictional persona, but these ten real-life fun-food factories will bring out the kid in anyone.
Travel & Leisure
takes you on a tour of a fun-food factories, where delights range from twisting your own pretzel to sampling donuts hot off the line. Some factory tours can even be experienced from home.
Tootsie Pop: Tootsie.com
Ben and Jerry's: Waterbury,
Popular on Newser
'Best for Everyone That They Move On'
He's 45, Spending Millions to Have an 18-Year-Old's Organs
3 Dead, 4 Hurt After Another California Mass Shooting
US General Tells Command to Prepare for War With China
As Police Kicked and Beat Him, He Kept Yelling Out One Thing
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.