Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Jul 31, 2023 11:29 AM CDT
Adidas Is Unloading More Yeezys
Sales will again benefit various organizations fighting racism and antisemitism
- Adidas is still sitting on a pile of Yeezys, and it's looking to clear them out in the wake of the potentially financially disastrous breakup in October with Kanye West, now Ye, over his antisemitic statements. As CNN reports, the second wave of post-Ye stock is set to go...
Adidas Is Selling Off
Its Yeezy Shoes
Jun 2, 2023 1:26 PM CDT
Adidas Is Selling Off Its Yeezy Shoes
Sportswear giant cut ties with the music mogul over his anti-Semitic remarks
- In the wake of the severed relationship between Adidas and Ye (formerly known as Kanye West), the sportswear giant has begun selling off its remaining Yeezy merchandise. The AP reports that Yeezy shoes, which Ye co-designed, are being sold for now only through Adidas' Confirmed app. The move comes months...
Adidas Has a Plan for
$1.3B in Yeezy Inventory
May 12, 2023 6:32 AM CDT
Adidas Has a Plan for $1.3B in Yeezy Inventory
Company will sell shoes, donate proceeds to charities
- Adidas is trying to move beyond its former partnership with Kanye West, now known as Ye—and it has come up with a plan for the mountains of Yeezy shoes piled up in its warehouses. The German company said Thursday that it plans to sell some of the inventory and...
Ye's Yeezy Brand
Gets Adidas Sued
May 1, 2023 1:30 AM CDT
Ye's Yeezy Brand Gets Adidas Sued
Shareholders claim sportswear company ignored risks of partnership with rapper
- Investors unhappy with how the Adidas-Ye partnership played out are suing the sportswear company. They say Adidas had known how risky its deal with the rapper formerly known as Kanye West could be—years before it ultimately cut ties with Ye—and yet didn't take precautions to limit its...
Adidas Protests BLM Logo,
Quickly Abandons That
Mar 29, 2023 5:41 AM CDT
Adidas Protests BLM Logo, Quickly Abandons That
Company reverses course fast after claiming 3 yellow stripes too similar to its own
- It took all of 48 hours for Adidas to backtrack on its protest of a Black Lives Matter logo. The company announced Wednesday that it would withdraw its opposition to the Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation's trademark application "as soon as possible," Reuters reports. Adidas did...
Adidas' 'Big Success'
Is Now a 'Big Nightmare'
in case you missed it
Mar 12, 2023 7:15 AM CDT
Adidas' 'Big Success' Is Now a 'Big Nightmare'
Company not sure what to do with $1.3B in Yeezy sneakers, though it's mulling 'something good'
- Adidas has about $1.3 billion worth of Yeezy sneakers idling in warehouses worldwide, the result of its split with Kanye West after a series of offensive remarks and actions by the rapper. Now the company is struggling to figure out what to do with the excess inventory in 2023,...
Numbers on Adidas' Yeezy
Loss Look to Be Huge
Feb 10, 2023 10:16 AM CST
Numbers on Adidas' Yeezy Loss Look to Be Huge
Company says if it can't 'repurpose,' sell existing inventory, it could lose $1.3B in revenue this year
- Adidas knew it was going to take a big hit when it cut ties last fall with "one of the most successful collaborations in our industry's history": its relationship with Kanye West and his Yeezy brand of footwear and clothing, after the rapper made antisemitic remarks and exhibited...
A Messi Image Is Now
the King of Instagram
Dec 20, 2022 10:55 AM CST
A Messi Image Is Now the King of Instagram
Celebration photo has more than 62M likes
- Lionel Messi vanquished France , and now he has vanquished the famous egg of Instagram. An image of Messi celebrating Argentina's dramatic World Cup victory had racked up more than 62 million likes as of Tuesday morning on on the soccer star's Instagram page , making it the most-liked image...
They Make $150 World Cup
Jerseys for $2 Per Day
Dec 1, 2022 1:34 PM CST
They Make $150 World Cup Jerseys for $2 Per Day
'NYT' highlights rights abuses of garment workers producing apparel for Adidas, Nike
- An estimated 5 billion people, or more than 60% of the world's population, are expected to tune in to the World Cup. Many of them will be decked out in national team jerseys from companies like Nike and Adidas, the tournament's official outfitter. But at what cost? As...
Against Kanye West
Nov 25, 2022 5:05 AM CST
Adidas Investigating Big Allegations Against Kanye West
Former employees allege bullying, mind games, vulgarity
- Adidas tolerated a lot of disturbing and deeply inappropriate behavior from Kanye West before it decided to cut its ties with him over his antisemitic remarks, according to former employees. The company says it is investigating allegations that employees involved with West's Yeezy line of sneakers endured "years...
: Kanye West Is
No Longer a Billionaire
Oct 25, 2022 7:58 PM CDT
: Kanye West Is No Longer a Billionaire
End of Adidas deal 'was the final nail in Ye’s net-worth coffin'
- Kanye West has repeatedly disputed his position on
' list of billionaires but the magazine says that will no longer be an issue—because he's no longer a billionaire. Adidas ended its relationship with the rapper Tuesday in a move that
says "was the final nail in...
Oct 25, 2022 6:18 AM CDT
Adidas Has Made Its Decision on Kanye
It's a no on Ye: Company cuts ties after series of antisemitic remarks
- It's been weeks since Adidas first mentioned it was mulling its partnership with Kanye West, who's been under fire after sporting a "White Lives Matter" shirt at Paris Fashion Week, followed by a string of antisemitic comments. Now, the mulling is over: Bloomberg reported early Tuesday that...
Kanye West Partnership
Oct 12, 2022 5:36 PM CDT
Adidas Reconsiders Kanye West Partnership
After outbursts, company questions 'mutual respect and shared values'
- Under pressure over inflammatory and offensive remarks and actions by Kanye West—including wearing a "White Lives Matter" T-shirt at a fashion show—Adidas announced last week that it's rethinking their profitable arrangement and added an ominous postscript. "The Adidas-Yeezy partnership is one of the most successful...
New Adidas Ad Features
25 Pairs of Bare Breasts
Feb 10, 2022 2:48 PM CST
New Adidas Ad Features 25 Pairs of Bare Breasts
Company is pushing a new line of sports bras
- Usually, the ads that draw the most attention this time of year are from the Super Bowl. Adidas, however, has managed to steal some thunder with a new ad campaign that features an image of 25 pairs of women's bare breasts, reports
. The company put up the image...
Adidas HR Head Quits
After Racism Outcry
Jul 1, 2020 12:20 PM CDT
Adidas HR Head Quits After Racism Outcry
Exec says Karen Parkin described racism complaints as 'noise'
- The head of global human resources at Adidas has stepped down after acknowledging she has lost the trust of employees pushing for a more diverse workforce. "While I would very much like to lead this critical transformation effort, after much reflection and listening to the feedback I’ve received,...
Adidas: 'It's Time to
Own Up to Our Silence'
Jun 11, 2020 6:12 AM CDT
Adidas: 'It's Time to Own Up to Our Silence'
Company pledges to invest in black communities
- Adidas says it is time to "own up to its silence" and address issues within the company instead of simply denouncing racism on social media. The company has pledged to step up its hiring of minorities and invest $120 million in black communities over the next four years, CBS...
They Met Up for a Sneaker Sale.
Then Everything Went Awry
Apr 14, 2020 12:10 PM CDT
They Met Up for a Sneaker Sale. Then Everything Went Awry
Teen girl killed during shootout over Adidas Yeezy shoes near Miami: cops
- A Miami high school senior weeks away from graduation was killed last week during what cops say was a botched sale of Adidas Yeezy sneakers. Two men have since been arrested and charged with murder. CNN reports that Andrea Camps Lacayo died April 7 after she accompanied her boyfriend, Sergio...
99% of Sneakers Auction
at Sotheby's Goes to 1 Buyer
Jul 19, 2019 4:52 PM CDT
99% of Sneakers Auction at Sotheby's Goes to 1 Buyer
Canadian entrepreneur had bid on all 100 pairs
- On Thursday, 100 pairs of the rarest sneakers—labeled Nike, Adidas, and Air Jordan, for starters—went up for auction. By Friday, they were all sold to a single bidder, except for one lone, expensive pair: the 1972 Nike Waffle Racing Flat Moon Shoe. Bill Bowerman, a cofounder of Nike,...
Stripes Don't Make for a Logo
of Distinction, Court Decides
Jun 19, 2019 6:15 PM CDT
Stripes Don't Make for a Logo of Distinction, Court Decides
Adidas loses trademark case in Europe
- The Adidas three-stripe logo is famous and many fans think it's cool, but it's just not distinctive enough to deserve trademark protection, an EU court ruled Wednesday. The decision upheld a ruling by the EU Intellectual Property Office, which had rejected Adidas' trademark application, saying the logo was...
FBI Accuses 4 College
Coaches of Taking Bribes
Sep 26, 2017 11:55 AM CDT
FBI Accuses 4 College Coaches of Taking Bribes
Adidas marketing exec also implicated
- The director of global sports marketing for Adidas is among those charged in a bribe-paying scheme that federal authorities say was designed to match agents and advisers to players before they became NBA stars. James Gatto was arrested Tuesday along with nine others, including four assistant basketball coaches from the...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Forget WFH. It's Time to WFG
He's Erasing a 2012 Murder, One Pitch at a Time
Big Tobacco Made Junk Food Addictive, Too
Alligator Spotted With Woman's Body in Mouth
This Is the Most Diverse State in America
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.