Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Washington Nationals VP
Quits Over Vaccine Mandate
Sep 2, 2021 7:41 AM CDT
Washington Nationals VP Quits Over Vaccine Mandate
Bob Boone says he is 'unfortunately' parting ways with team
- The Washington Nationals has become the first Major League Baseball team to part ways with employees over a COVID vaccine mandate. Team sources have confirmed to ESPN that vice president Bob Boone has told the Nationals he will resign instead of complying. Sources tell the
that eight scouts have...
Padres Let Fans
Near Nationals Park
Jul 19, 2021 12:00 AM CDT
Padres Let Fans Into Dugout During Shooting Near Nationals Park
At least one person who had been at the game was injured
- As panicked fans streamed onto the field Saturday night after gunfire erupted outside Nationals Park in Washington, DC, the opposing baseball team opened up its dugout and ushered people inside. Fans weren't sure where the shooting was happening, and some started running out of the stadium—toward it, NBC...
Shootout Injures 3, Terrifies
Fans at Nationals Stadium
Jul 18, 2021 7:00 AM CDT
Shootout Injures 3, Terrifies Fans at Nationals Stadium
DC police say gunfire was exchanged between two cars during Nats-Padres game
- A shooting near Nationals Stadium left fans terrified and players fleeing the field during a Nats-Padres game on Saturday. Per WTTG , three people were reported injured after police say gunfire was exchanged between two cars outside the Washington, DC stadium around 9:30pm. In addition to two people allegedly involved...
MLB Fan Choking on Hot Dog
Saved By Pitcher's Dad
Jul 11, 2021 9:00 AM CDT
MLB Fan Choking on Hot Dog Saved By Pitcher's Dad
Nats pitcher Joe Ross' doctor dad gave a woman the Heimlich
- A Washington Nationals away game in San Francisco could have ended in tragedy were it not for starting pitcher Joe Ross' doctor dad. While watching his son play the Giants at Oracle Park on Saturday, Dr. Willie Ross noticed a woman near him in the stands who appeared to be...
COVID Quickly Has
Impact on Opening Day
Apr 1, 2021 12:45 PM CDT
COVID Quickly Has Impact on Opening Day
Nationals-Mets game is postponed after a player tests positive
- It didn't take long for COVID to make its presence felt on baseball's opening day. Thursday night's game between the Washington Nationals and New York Mets has been postponed because of the coronavirus, reports the
New York Post
. The league made the call after an unnamed Nationals...
Wild First Pitch
Jul 24, 2020 12:14 AM CDT
Watch Fauci's Wild First Pitch
It was a little outside
- Dr. Anthony Fauci had his moment on the mound Thursday. The nation's top infectious disease expert threw out the ceremonial first pitch at Major League Baseball’s pandemic-delayed Opening Day, as the Washington Nationals hosted the New York Yankees.
calls the wild pitch "an instant classic,...
on the Mound
Jul 20, 2020 7:45 PM CDT
Baseball to Resume With Fauci on the Mound
Nationals announce pandemic-fighter will be honored on Opening Day
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, the country’s top infectious disease expert, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch at the first game of Major League Baseball’s pandemic-delayed regular season. The Washington Nationals announced Monday that Fauci accepted the reigning World Series champions' invitation to have the pregame honor Thursday night,...
This Is Probably
Nov 4, 2019 5:15 PM CST
This Is Probably Trump's Favorite Nationals Player
Kurt Suzuki wears MAGA hat, while several teammates sit the event out
- Welcomed to the White House on Monday to celebrate their World Series title, the Washington Nationals gave President Trump a No. 45 team jersey, as is the custom on these occasions. But one player gave him another gift: When Trump called Kurt Suzuki to the microphone to celebrate his playoff...
Look Who Has a Parade
Nov 2, 2019 5:00 PM CDT
Look Who Has a Parade
The music? You bet it involves a "Baby Shark"
- The song "Baby Shark" blared over loudspeakers and a wave of red washed across this politically blue capital Saturday as Nationals fans lined the city's version of the Canyon of Heroes to rejoice in Washington's first World Series victory since 1924, the AP reports. "We just...
on White House
Visit: 'I Just
Can't Do It'
Nov 2, 2019 9:00 AM CDT
Nationals Pitcher on White House Visit: 'I Just Can't Do It'
Sean Doolittle won't attend Monday to celebrate World Series win, citing aversion to Trump's actions
- The Nationals finally have their World Series rings , and with that honor came an expected invite to the White House, a Monday event that was announced on Friday , per Fox News . One person who won't be celebrating there: relief pitcher Sean Doolittle, who talked extensively about his decision with...
DC Goes Wild After
Nationals' Big Win
Oct 31, 2019 7:45 AM CDT
DC Goes Wild After Nationals' Big Win
'The energy was incredible. It was electrifying'
- It was the first World Series in which the home team lost all seven games, the first World Series win for a Washington team since 1924—and the first-ever Series win for the Washington Nationals, who started out as the Montreal Expos in 1969. The 6-2 Game 7 win happened...
Nationals Win Their
First World Series
Oct 31, 2019 12:27 AM CDT
Nationals Win Their First World Series
Washington, DC, team overcame 2-run deficit in Game 7
- Almost out of contention in May, champs in October. Howie Kendrick, Anthony Rendon, and the Washington Nationals completed their amazing comeback journey—fittingly with one last late rally on the road. In Game 7 of the World Series, no less. Kendrick and Rendon homered in the seventh inning as the...
World Series Is
Going to Game 7
Oct 30, 2019 12:03 AM CDT
World Series Is Going to Game 7
Nats hammered Astros 7-2
- Stephen Strasburg took a gem into the ninth inning and Juan Soto ran all the way to first base with his bat following a go-ahead home run, the same way Houston slugger Alex Bregman did earlier. Washington has matched the Astros pitch for pitch, hit for hit, win for win—...
He Nabbed Ball
2 Beers, Gets
Oct 29, 2019 11:48 AM CDT
He Nabbed Ball While Holding 2 Beers, Gets Rewarded
Bud Light is sending the Washington Nationals fan back to the World Series
- Jeff Adams made headlines when, at Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday, he managed to nab a home run ball while also holding a can of beer in each hand. He was walking back to his seat at Washington DC's Nationals Park after procuring the beer when...
2 World Series Flashers
Banned From Ballparks
Oct 29, 2019 1:40 AM CDT
2 World Series Flashers Banned From Ballparks
They 'violated the fan code of conduct,' MLB says
- Two women who flashed their breasts during Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday won't be at Game 6—or any other Major League Baseball games in the foreseeable future. Julia Rose and Lauren Summer were a few rows behind home plate at Nationals Park and appeared in...
Trump Booed by Crowd
at World Series Game
Oct 28, 2019 6:33 AM CDT
Trump Booed by Crowd at World Series Game
Crowd chanted 'Lock him up!'
- President Trump went to his first Major League Baseball game as president Sunday night. After the reception he received from Nationals fans during their World Series game against the Astros, it may be his last.
reports that the president received a "thunderous chorus of boos" after he...
Nationals Wiped Out at Home
Oct 28, 2019 12:21 AM CDT
Nationals Wiped Out at Home
Astros take 3-2 Series lead
- The Houston Astros handed the ball to Gerrit Cole, and he gave them a firm grip on the World Series. Minus ailing ace Max Scherzer, the Nationals were no match in this Washington wipeout. Cole bounced back from a Game 1 clunker to pitch the Astros to a 7-1 win...
It's Curse, Curse, Curse
for the Home Team
Oct 27, 2019 6:22 AM CDT
It's Curse, Curse, Curse for the Home Team
Astros defeat Nationals at home to tie series at 2-2
- Unheralded rookie José Urquidy outpitched big-name aces, quieting Washington's bats and the Nationals Park crowd, too. Alex Bregman busted out of his slump with a go-ahead single in the first inning and a grand slam in the seventh, and the resurgent Houston Astros routed the Nationals 8-1 Saturday night...
Nationals Won't Be
Sweeping the World Series
Oct 26, 2019 5:30 AM CDT
Nationals Won't Be Sweeping the World Series
Houston Astros win one against DC's home team, giving Nationals 2-1 lead in Fall Classic
- The World Series finally showed up back in Washington, 86 years later—and, sparked by Jose Altuve, the Houston Astros finally showed up in this World Series. Altuve doubled twice and scored both times, Zack Greinke repeatedly worked out of trouble, and the Astros made sure they wouldn't go...
Nationals Hammer Astros,
Take 2-0 Series Lead
Oct 24, 2019 12:29 AM CDT
Nationals Hammer Astros, Take 2-0 Series Lead
They won 12-3 in Houston
- Stephen Strasburg's time had come. Famously held out of the postseason seven years ago, Strasburg delivered on the biggest stage of all Wednesday night. The right-hander outdueled fellow ace Justin Verlander, overcoming a shaky start to give the Washington Nationals a 12-3 win over the Houston Astros and a...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
She Ditched Broadway Dreams, Became Flo From Progressive
America's Avocado Habit Is Wreaking Havoc in Mexico
Pentagon: US Ships Were Attacked in Red Sea
Your Walking Speed Affects Health Benefits
Appeals Court Delivers Its Decision to Jussie Smollett
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.