Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Arizona Clinic Comes Up With
Abortion Pill Workaround
Oct 4, 2022 3:00 AM CDT
Arizona Clinic Comes Up With Abortion Pill Workaround
Patients can get pill via telehealth appointment with California doctor, have it mailed to border
- A Phoenix abortion clinic has come up with a way for patients who can end their pregnancy using a pill to get the medication quickly without running afoul of a resurrected Arizona law that bans most abortions. Under the arrangement that began Monday, patients will have an ultrasound in Arizona,...
Judge Says Arizona Can
Enforce 1864 Abortion Law
Sep 24, 2022 10:45 AM CDT
Judge Says Arizona Can Enforce 1864 Abortion Law
Near-total ban was blocked by 1973 injunction
- Arizona can enforce a near-total ban on abortions that has been blocked for nearly 50 years, a judge ruled Friday, meaning clinics statewide will have to stop providing the procedures to avoid the filing of criminal charges against doctors and other medical workers. The judge lifted a decades-old injunction that...
Young Hiker Dies Amid
Staggering Arizona Heat
Sep 6, 2022 4:22 PM CDT
Young Hiker Dies Amid Staggering Arizona Heat
Other hikers needed to be rescued from the Spur Cross Trailhead Mountain on Monday
- The typical temperature at Phoenix's international airport on Sept. 5 is 103. The actual temp there yesterday hit 109, and that heat proved deadly on a trail some 30 miles to the north in Cave Creek. NBC News reports the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office fielded a call just...
of the Future May
Sep 3, 2022 7:00 AM CDT
Drinking Water of the Future May Come Increasingly From Toilets
In the face of climate change, recycled water could be a solution
- Garden hose bans are in place across much of Britain, where rivers and reservoirs are at unusually low levels following months of low rainfall. In the future, part of the solution will be "to reprocess the water that results from sewage treatment and turn it back into drinking water,...
Aug 30, 2022 7:37 AM CDT
Sarcastic Diversity Tweet Causes a Ruckus
Blake Masters in Arizona declares US is done with Biden's 'affirmative action regime'
- The conservative Senate candidate looking to unseat Democrat Mark Kelly in Arizona is making all kinds of headlines this week in the close, and closely watched, race:
Over the weekend, Blake Masters fired off a sarcastic tweet about an AP story that detailed how diverse the Federal Reserve's
Frantic Parents Tased, Arrested
Amid Arizona School Lockdown
Aug 15, 2022 5:44 AM CDT
Frantic Parents Tased, Arrested Amid Arizona School Lockdown
Suspect was also arrested; no students were injured
- After an Arizona elementary school was locked down Friday morning, police arrested the armed man who allegedly triggered the lockdown by trying to enter the school—and they also arrested three family members who were among those gathered at the school, concerned for the safety of their children. Police say...
Wins Her Gubernatorial Primary
Aug 5, 2022 12:10 AM CDT
Election Denier Wins Her Gubernatorial Primary
Trump ally Kari Lake wins GOP nomination for Arizona governor
- Kari Lake, a former news anchor who walked away from her journalism career and was embraced by Donald Trump and his staunch supporters, won the Republican primary for Arizona governor on Thursday, the AP reports. Lake's victory was a blow to the GOP establishment that lined up behind lawyer...
Aug 3, 2022 6:45 AM CDT
Election Deniers Win Their Arizona Primaries
Trump pick Blake Masters will face incumbent Mark Kelly in Nov.; Mark Finchem wins SoS nom
- It was a big night in Arizona for GOP candidates endorsed by former President Trump. First, Democratic Sen. Mark Kelly will be facing off in November against Trump pick Blake Masters, who got the ex-president's thumbs-up in June. First-time political candidate Masters, who has also received support from Silicon...
Dee Snider to Kari Lake:
'Write Your Own Damn Song'
Aug 1, 2022 6:15 PM CDT
Dee Snider to Kari Lake: 'Write Your Own Damn Song'
Twisted Sister singer says 'We're Not Gonna Take It' is a 'pro-choice anthem'
- Twisted Sister singer Dee Snider hasn't been happy about Kari Lake's campaign using "We're Not Gonna Take It"—and it was apparently the last straw when the Arizona Republican's campaign tweeted some of the lyrics Sunday, tagging him in the post. "HEY IDIOTS!...
Arizona Votes Tuesday.
One Race Is 'Consequential'
Aug 1, 2022 8:49 AM CDT
Arizona Votes Tuesday. One Race Is 'Consequential'
More eyes are on the secretary of state race than usual
- It's an interesting way to go into an election: by saying you won't concede if you lose. That's apparently the stance of Mark Finchem, who is running for Arizona secretary of state (and therefore its chief election official) and told a June crowd there "ain’t...
Ahead of Ariz. Primary,
a Trump-Pence Split
Jul 19, 2022 10:00 AM CDT
Ahead of Ariz. Primary, a Trump-Pence Split
They're each backing different Republican gubernatorial candidates in that state
- Former Vice President Mike Pence is again butting heads with his former boss, this time in the Arizona gubernatorial race. With two weeks left until the Aug. 2 primary, Pence endorsed Republican Karrin Taylor Robson on Monday and is to campaign on her behalf on Friday, reports Politico . Former President...
Doorbell Video Shows
UPS Driver Collapse
Jul 19, 2022 2:01 AM CDT
Doorbell Video Shows UPS Driver Collapse on Porch
Arizona has been experiencing dangerous heat for more than a month
- In a disturbing Ring doorbell video, a UPS driver can be seen staggering a bit as he walks toward an Arizona doorway with a package. As he leans down to set it on the porch, he collapses into a first seated, and then prone, position. After lying down, he eventually...
Arizona Town's Residents
Told to Stop Yelling at Tourists
Jul 15, 2022 9:24 AM CDT
Arizona Town's Residents Told to Stop Yelling at Tourists
Notes on cars are also a no-no, police in Jerome say
- Police in a old Arizona mining town that gets 1 million tourists annually are warning residents to stop yelling at visitors or they could face harassment charges. Jerome, population about 450, was once home to one of Arizona's largest copper mines and is now a hub for artists, the...
In This State, Filming of
Cops Is Now Restricted
Jul 9, 2022 8:30 AM CDT
In This State, Filming of Cops Is Now Restricted
It's now illegal in Arizona to knowingly record cop 8 feet away or closer without officer's OK
- Arizona's governor has signed a law that restricts how the public can video police at a time when there's growing pressure across the US for greater law-enforcement transparency. Civil rights and media groups opposed the measure that Republican Gov. Doug Ducey signed Thursday. The law makes it illegal...
US Sues Arizona Over
Its New Voting Law
Jul 6, 2022 4:07 PM CDT
US Sues Arizona Over Its New Voting Law
Tens of thousands could be disenfranchised without proof of citizenship, critics say
- The Justice Department is suing Arizona over a new law requiring proof of citizenship to vote in presidential elections, calling it a "textbook violation" of the National Voter Registration Act. The lawsuit filed Tuesday seeks to overturn House Bill 2492, passed in March and scheduled to take effect in...
One Year After He Went
Missing, Clues Are Sparse
Jun 24, 2022 4:50 PM CDT
One Year After He Went Missing, Clues Are Sparse
Geologist Daniel Robinson's family say they're no closer to finding him after he vanished in Arizona
- It's been a year since Daniel Robinson vanished in the Arizona desert, and his family says not much in the way of news on the missing geologist has developed since then. Robinson, then 24, disappeared after leaving his Buckeye worksite on June 23 of last year, and about a...
Women's Religious Hike
Nearly Turns Tragic
Jun 24, 2022 8:09 AM CDT
Women's Religious Hike Nearly Turns Tragic
Eight women had to be rescued in extreme heat from Camelback Mountain in Arizona
- The idea behind their hike was to test themselves physically and spiritually, and it ended up being off the charts on both counts. Eight women had to be rescued from Arizona's Camelback Mountain this week amid triple-digit temperatures. All suffered what were described as "heat-related illnesses" but survived,...
Wildfire Could 'Pause the
Progression of Cosmology'
Jun 20, 2022 3:13 PM CDT
Wildfire Could 'Pause the Progression of Cosmology'
Arizona fire destroyed support buildings at Kitt Peak National Observatory
- A wildfire has destroyed four buildings at the Kitt Peak National Observatory in Arizona—and while the observatory's dozens of telescopes appear to be safe, scientists fear the smoke and heat may have seriously damaged the equipment. The observatory southwest of Tucson says personnel had already been evacuated when...
in Connection to
Toilet Paper: Cops
Jun 14, 2022 12:27 AM CDT
Guy Arrested in Connection to Arizona Wildfire Burned His Toilet Paper: Cops
His lawyer says there's no evidence he started the Pipeline Fire
- A man arrested in connection with a wildfire burning north of Flagstaff, Arizona, admitted to authorities he had burned toilet paper he used while camping. Police spotted Matthew Riser, 57, driving "rapidly" away from the Pipeline Fire Sunday and pulled him over; he said he'd burned the TP...
Ginni Thomas Urged 29
Lawmakers to Override Vote
Jun 10, 2022 2:20 PM CDT
Ginni Thomas Urged 29 Lawmakers to Override Vote
She asked Arizona legislature members to work to overturn Trump's defeat
- In the days and weeks after then-President Donald Trump's election loss in 2020, dozens of Arizona lawmakers received emails from the wife of a US Supreme Court justice urging them to help overturn the result. The
, which reported last month that Virginia "Ginni" Thomas had emailed...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Tom Brady, Gisele Bundchen Hire Divorce Attorneys
Family 'Destroyed' After Tragedy During College Parents Weekend
Brad Pitt Fires Back at Angelina Jolie
It's Canned Water. And It's Nearly a Unicorn
Herschel Walker's Abortion Story Was No Secret
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.