Bill O'Reilly and Jon Stewart rumbled "in the Air-Conditioned Auditorium" of George Washington University last night, and zingers flew, moderators were overrun, and Stewart occasionally zipped up and down on a mechanical platform that helped him bridge the 10-inch height difference between him and the Fox host. The Washington Post and Entertainment Weekly have a few highlights for those who were too cheap to fork over the $4.95 to watch:
- O'Reilly on the country's current slate of problems: “Bush. Is. Gone."
- Stewart's opening statement: "My opponent is completely full of shit."
- O'Reilly on the war on Christmas: "We won."
- Stewart on government assistance: "Why is it that if you take advantage of a tax break and you're a corporation, you're a smart businessman? But if you take advantage of something you need to not be hungry, you're a moocher?"
- O'Reilly on including birth control in health care plans: ‘I’m entitled to my birth control paid for by the taxpayer?’ That’s insane."
- Stewart on economic redistribution: “Give me back the $800 billion for the Iraq war . . . and it’s rubbers for everyone on me."
- O'Reilly on Stewart's claim that America is only as good as its weakest link: “We’re only as good as CNN? Are you kidding me?”
Apparently some users had issues streaming the Rumble, which is now available here
(for those who have ponied up the $4.95, who will also be eligible for refunds). Half the proceeds went to charity. (Read more entertainment