Family's Carbon Monoxide Leak Has Unexpected Cause

Their chimney was blocked by ... an owl
By Evann Gastaldo,  Newser Staff
Posted Mar 24, 2023 2:00 AM CDT
Family's Carbon Monoxide Leak Has Unexpected Cause
Stock photo.   (Getty Images / anankkml)

An Ohio family evacuated from their home due to high levels of carbon monoxide probably never would have guessed the cause: an owl had gotten stuck in their chimney, blocking it. One of the Hamilton County Dog Wardens came to rescue the owl after it was discovered; it was evaluated and released and the family was able to move back in to their home, Cincinnati Animal CARE posted alongside a picture of the owl. (Read more strange stuff stories.)

We use cookies. By Clicking "OK" or any content on this site, you agree to allow cookies to be placed. Read more in our privacy policy.
Get the news faster.
Tap to install our app.
Install the Newser News app
in two easy steps:
1. Tap in your navigation bar.
2. Tap to Add to Home Screen.