Why in the world would Elton John want to be at Rush Limbaugh’s wedding—and vice versa? It may remain a mystery for the ages, but as you ponder it, the Daily Beast offers up 13 more celebrity wedding singers:
- Paula Abdul and more: The erstwhile American Idol judge was one of many famous performers at Liza Minnelli and David Gest’s wedding. Others included Natalie Cole, Tony Bennett, and Gloria Gaynor.
- Christina Aguilera: The pop princess reportedly earned $3.6 million to sing two songs at billionaire Andrei Melnichenko’s wedding to former Miss Yugoslavia Aleksandra Kokotovic.
- Hugh Jackman: The actor-slash-singer, who played Peter Allen on Broadway in The Boy from Oz, performed a Peter Allen song at the wedding of fellow Aussies Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban.
- Hootie & the Blowfish: The ‘90s staples were apparently still hot in 2004, at least as far as Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren were concerned. Turns out lead singer Darius Rucker golfs, too. Who knew?
- Alanis Morissette: Not really who you’d picture as a wedding singer, but yes, the author and singer of “You Oughta Know” performed for Woody Harrelson and Laura Louie.
- Steven Tyler: The Aerosmith frontman performed for daughter Liv’s wedding to Royston Langdon in 2003.
For the complete list, click here
. (Read more wedding