It's pretty darn obvious that the USA is the greatest country in the world, said Stephen Colbert in an especially hilarious segment last night: "We invented cars, we invented TVs, and we invented bragging!" This week's issue of Newsweek ranks the best countries in the world, and "look where America stands: Number one. One." That's right, No. 11. Really? This is who we're behind?
- No. 7: Canada: "That country is so lame their national anthem is 'Oh. Canada.'"
- No. 5: Luxembourg: "A country that's so tiny the rest of Europe thinks it just got out of the pool."
- No. 3: Sweden: "Their fish are made out of candy!"
- No. 1. Finland! "Are you kidding me? Its coat of arms is a lion stabbing itself in the head because it lives in Finland."
- And this was based on crap like education and health, notes Colbert. "What about the factors that matter most, like realness of housewives?"
(Read more Stephen Colbert