Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 41 - 60 |
These US Cities Have the
Most, Least Holiday Spirit
Dec 15, 2021 9:30 AM CST
These US Cities Have the Most, Least Holiday Spirit
New York City is the most festive of all, while Enterprise, Nev., is a bit of a Grinch
- With 2022 almost upon us, it's the time of year when we wind down and kick back, which often includes a fair bit of festivities. LawnStarter wanted to know which places boast the most spirit of the season, so the site looked at the 200 largest cities in the...
10 US Cities Where
People Really Care
Dec 14, 2021 11:05 AM CST
10 US Cities Where People Really Care
Madison, Wis., ranks highest in WalletHub's ranking
- In a world that's become unpredictable, it's comforting to know that across the country, there are still people who care. In some US cities, that compassion and concern for others' well-being has taken priority, and WalletHub is giving them their due. The site looked at America's 100...
Least Fun Cities
Dec 8, 2021 6:09 PM CST
America's Most, Least Fun Cities
Chicago outranks NYC on Wallethub list
- Fun means different things to different people, so Wallethub looked at no fewer than 65 different metrics for its list of this year's most fun cities in America, including the availability of dozens of kinds of recreation and entertainment facilities, the local nightlife—and how much it all costs....
Here Are the Most
Generous Cities in America
Nov 30, 2021 12:00 PM CST
Here Are the Most Generous Cities in America
Minneapolis and Seattle top LawnStarter's list
- If you're wondering why your socials are suddenly filled with requests for charitable donations, allow us to solve the mystery: It's Giving Tuesday, a day to open up one's wallet for good causes after doing the same in the name of consumerism on Black Friday and Cyber...
If You Want to Avoid Vampires,
Here's Where You Should Go
Oct 30, 2021 1:00 PM CDT
If You Want to Avoid Vampires, Here's Where You Should Go
Best and worst cities ranked by garlic festivals, blood centers
- If you’re looking for a place to live with lots of jobs , the best place to raise a family , a place to retire , a safe city , a small city , a big city , or a city with a high vaccination rate , there’s a list out there for you. Magazines...
Here Are the
10 Best Small
Cities in America
Oct 20, 2021 8:40 AM CDT
Here Are the 10 Best Small Cities in America
Sammamish in Wash. state ranks No. 1 on WalletHub's list
- Maybe you're not into country living, but the hustle and bustle of a major metropolis feels a bit too hectic. A smaller city may be just what you're looking for, and WalletHub has the details on which ones may suit you best. The site pulled out more than...
This State Looks Tempting
Sep 7, 2021 9:10 AM CDT
Nearing Retirement? This State Looks Tempting
4 Fla. cities, including Orlando, make WalletHub's top 10 list for the best places to retire
- Whether you're decades away from retirement or right around the corner, where you head after you clock out for the last time may already be percolating. WalletHub looked at more than 180 of America's cities, analyzing metrics in four main categories: affordability (cost of living, taxpayer friendliness, and...
Billionaire Unveils Plans for
'Most Inclusive City in the World'
Sep 7, 2021 7:52 AM CDT
Billionaire Unveils Plans for 'Most Inclusive City in the World'
Marc Lore's Telosa, to be built in some US desert, will be a sustainable, 'equitable' metropolis
- He's helmed Jets.com and Diapers.com and served as a top Walmart exec. Now, billionaire and entrepreneur Marc Lore has a new project in the works, as long as he can pull together more than $400 billion. That's the amount the 50-year-old says he needs to build...
2020 Census: Here Are
the 10 Biggest US Cities
Aug 13, 2021 9:44 AM CDT
2020 Census: Here Are the 10 Biggest US Cities
All the cities on this list grew over the past decade
- Data from the 2020 census is out, and for the first time, each of the 10 largest US cities have 1 million people or more . Per the Census Bureau , those urban centers all grew from 2010 to last year, and eight of those 10 grew at a faster rate in...
OK, We Get It—This
City Is Extremely Fit
Jul 13, 2021 8:07 AM CDT
OK, We Get It—This City Is Extremely Fit
Arlington, Va., named fittest city in America for 4th straight year on ACSM's annual list
- For the 14th straight year, the American College of Sports Medicine, in conjunction with the Anthem Foundation, has published its Fitness Index , ranking America's largest 100 cities and Washington, DC, on more than 30 indicators regarding various health behaviors, local infrastructure, and chronic diseases. And for the fourth year...
10 Most, Least
Stressed US Cities
Jul 12, 2021 11:45 AM CDT
10 Most, Least Stressed US Cities
Per WalletHub, Cleveland needs a chill pill, while S. Burlington in Vermont is kicking back just fine
- It's been a tough 16 months, and stress levels have been high—though in some cities across the country, that stress has been tougher to contend with than in others. WalletHub wanted to see which places have been dealing with things best (and which not so much), so it...
First-Time Homebuyers May
Want to Check Here First
Jul 6, 2021 11:12 AM CDT
First-Time Homebuyers May Want to Check Here First
Chesapeake, Va., holds promise, as do several other Virginia cities
- With the pandemic showing signs of waning, plans that were put on hold are starting to gain new life. If you've been mulling buying your first home, some US cities may hold more promise than others. WalletHub looked at 300 cities of varying sizes across America, examining nearly two...
This Is the Most Smoothly
Operating City in America
Jun 22, 2021 12:23 PM CDT
This Is the Most Smoothly Operating City in America
Nampa, Idaho, takes the top spot, while the District of Columbia comes in last
- Keeping a city humming along smoothly is no easy task, especially during a global pandemic. With budgets to manage, services and programs to greenlight or nix, and constituents' needs to meet, local leaders have challenges at hand even during the best of times. WalletHub looked at 150 of the nation'...
Vaxxed and Ready to Relax?
These US Cities Are Waiting
Jun 21, 2021 11:12 AM CDT
Vaxxed and Ready to Relax? These US Cities Are Waiting
San Francisco tops LawnStarter's list of best places for the vaccinated to enjoy summer vacation
- Summer is here, and if you're cautiously starting to reemerge from the pandemic, you may wonder if it's possible to contemplate some well-deserved holiday time. LawnStarter answers that question for the fully vaccinated with its ranking of US cities ideal for "vaxcations." The site looked at...
Horniest US City Has
Appropriately Hedonistic Name
Jun 2, 2021 2:52 PM CDT
Horniest US City Has Appropriately Hedonistic Name
While Texas cities suffer from a lethargic libido
- It looks like Nevada's Paradise is aptly named, at least for those who are yearning for physical human contact after a long year of lockdowns. The city sits at the top of LawnStarter's list of America's "horniest" cities, published in advance of National Sex Day on...
This Is the Best City
in America for Families
Jun 1, 2021 12:23 PM CDT
This Is the Best City in America for Families
Overland Park in Kansas gets top billing
- Figuring out the best place to raise a family can seem like an overwhelming task, but WalletHub's latest analysis may shed some light. The site shook out stats for 182 of the most populated cities in the nation, examining four dozen metrics across five main categories: family fun (think...
Here Are the Best, Worst
US Cities to Start Your Career
May 17, 2021 9:55 AM CDT
Here Are the Best, Worst US Cities to Start Your Career
Salt Lake City comes in at No. 1 in WalletHub ranking, while Newark, NJ, falls last
- With the pandemic starting to slowly ease and businesses reopening, recent college grads or those about to graduate may find a better job market than the one that existed at this time last year. How well they'll do in their career of choice could depend on where they're...
Here Is the (Controversial)
List of Best Cities for BBQ
May 15, 2021 1:29 PM CDT
Here Is the (Controversial) List of Best Cities for BBQ
New Orleans tops the list from Chef's Pencil
- Have a hankering for brisket? Pining for pulled pork? We can't blame you, because May is National Barbecue Month, and the smell of smoky, meaty goodness may already be drifting around your neighborhood. Chef's Pencil wanted to see which states can claim their own mini barbecue crowns, and...
Here's Where Millennials Are
Flocking to Across America
Apr 17, 2021 1:20 PM CDT
Here's Where Millennials Are Flocking to Across America
The 25-to-39 set is defecting from big cities to smaller ones
- Before the pandemic, millennials were already starting to ditch America's biggest cities, leaving New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles for opportunities in cozier urban enclaves, per CNBC . COVID hasn't changed that trend, and SmartAsset wanted to see which smaller cities draw the demographic of those ages 25 to...
10 Most, Least Relaxed
Cities in America
Apr 8, 2021 11:40 AM CDT
10 Most, Least Relaxed Cities in America
Sunnyvale, Calif., takes the top spot, while Kansas City, Kan., needs to kick back more
- We could all use a breather after the past year, and some US cities offer more respite than others. LawnStarter sifted through data from the CDC, Census Bureau, and other government agencies, as well as stats from recreational organizations, health groups, and Yelp, to figure out which American cities are...
Stories 41 - 60 |
Popular on Newser
26-Year-Old Tech CEO Found Dead in Baltimore
3 Boys 'Paid the Ultimate Price' for Mom's Addiction
Judge Rules Trump Committed Fraud
We Have a Date for Mass Extinction of Mammals
Strange Case of Mom Accused in Husband's Death Gets Stranger
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.