Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Wowed Viewers, but
Behind the Scenes Was Turmoil
Jun 3, 2023 5:30 AM CDT
Wowed Viewers, but Behind the Scenes Was Turmoil
'Toxic' culture overtook ABC's hit drama, per a new book excerpt by Maureen Ryan in 'Vanity Fair'
- In the early days of
, the hit ABC series directed by co-creator JJ Abrams about plane crash survivors stranded on a mysterious tropical island, the writer's room was an electric creative space that one show veteran recalls as "heaven." From an actor's view, the possibilities...
Split With Brady:
Mar 23, 2023 9:30 AM CDT
Gisele on Split With Brady: It Wasn't About Football
Supermodel tells 'Vanity Fair' they grew apart as a couple on a number of things
- It's been fairly quiet on the Gisele Bundchen-Tom Brady front since their 2022 divorce , other than some indirect remarks from the re-retired NFL quarterback, but Bundchen is now saying her piece in an interview with
. One of the first things she wants the public to know is...
Porn King's Mansion Burned,
and the Suspect List Is Long
Jan 30, 2022 5:05 PM CST
Porn King's Mansion Burned, and the Suspect List Is Long
'Vanity Fair' digs into the many enemies of Pornhub co-owner Feras Antoon
- The arson had all the markings of a professional job. In April 2021, somebody torched the nearly finished mansion being built in Montreal for Feras Antoon, a co-owner of Pornhub. As Adam Gollner writes at
, the massive blaze decimated the "Pornhub Palace" but left neighboring places barely...
Jennifer Lawrence Explains
Step Back: 'I Didn't Have a Life'
Nov 22, 2021 1:53 PM CST
Jennifer Lawrence Explains Step Back: 'I Didn't Have a Life'
Actress speaks to 'Vanity Fair'
- Jennifer Lawrence has been keeping a deliberately low profile of late, but she is re-emerging in public with a wide-ranging interview in
. Among other things, the 31-year-old explains her rationale for taking a step back. "I was not pumping out the quality that I should have,"...
Bourdain, in Love, 'Was
Not in His Right Mind'
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Oct 9, 2021 6:30 AM CDT
Bourdain, in Love, 'Was Not in His Right Mind'
Family and friends recount the life of late celebrity chef
- "I often blame my gallbladder as the sort of beginning of the end of Tony's life, weirdly." So says director Mike Steed in an excerpt from
Bourdain: The Definitive Oral Biography
. Steed is joking, though not entirely, in regard to his late friend Anthony...
For 4th Year,
Asks Billie Eilish
Dec 1, 2020 4:33 AM CST
For 4th Year,
Asks Billie Eilish Same Questions
It's something of a 'holiday tradition' for her fans
- Every Oct. 18 since 2017, when she was 15, Billie Eilish has sat down with
and answered the same questions in what, per Mashable , has become a sort of "holiday tradition" for her fans. The latest video has been released, and it's worth a watch, especially...
Ivanka's Long-Time Friend
Pens Tell-All Essay
Nov 18, 2020 12:24 PM CST
Ivanka's Long-Time Friend Pens Tell-All Essay
Lysandra Ohrstrom, who says she and Ivanka were BFFs, dishes on their friendship, falling-out
- Lysandra Ohrstrom went to the same Upper East Side girls school as Ivanka Trump, and she describes the president's daughter as "my best friend growing up." Not that they're BFFs anymore, per Ohrstrom's new essay in
, which details the friendship that started in...
Vote for Biden
Oct 17, 2020 9:00 AM CDT
Daughter of Major Trump Ally: Please Vote for Biden
Caroline Giuliani, daughter of Rudy, wants to get rid of 'toxic' Trump administration
- At least one Giuliani won't be voting for President Trump, and she's urging others to follow her lead. Caroline Rose Giuliani, the youngest child of former New York City Mayor and Trump ally Rudy Giuliani, writes in an opinion piece for
that she'll be casting...
Winslet Takes 'Responsibility':
'What the F--- Was I Doing?'
Sep 11, 2020 9:31 AM CDT
Winslet Takes 'Responsibility': 'What the F--- Was I Doing?'
Actress expresses regret for working with Woody Allen, Roman Polanski in frank 'Vanity Fair' chat
- Kate Winslet is dealing with quarantine just like most of us are, but she's fully aware that she's not like most of us. "I'm trundling along with life," she tells
in what the magazine calls a "wonderfully frank, free-roaming conversation" this week....
Gets 2 Big Tributes
Aug 25, 2020 1:12 AM CDT
Breonna Taylor Gets 2 Big Tributes
She's on the cover of 'Vanity Fair' and Oprah's magazine
- Breonna Taylor posthumously covers
's September issue , the magazine tweeted Monday. The issue, titled "The Great Fire" and guest edited by Ta-Nehisi Coates, will feature Taylor's story as told by her mom Tamika Palmer; the Louisville EMT was fatally shot by police officers who entered her...
Takes on the
Oct 1, 2019 12:01 PM CDT
Joaquin Phoenix Takes on the Controversy Over
The actor talks about his embrace of the dark side
- Joaquin Phoenix has never been shy about going to the dark side. But with critics saying the actor's new movie,
, glorifies angry loners—the kind who shoot up movie theaters—he talks to Joe Hagan for
about playing the role and coping with other dark stuff...
Oct 10, 2018 10:55 AM CDT
Names 2018's 'Disruptors'
Students, CEOs, celebrities are among them
- What do Kendrick Lamar, Robert Mueller, and the Parkland students have in common? They all land on
's 2018 "New Establishment" list, a hard-to-define (just check out the magazine's subhead) collection of "disruptors" —fresh faces and familiar ones "up to fresh tricks"—...
Miley Issued an Apology in
2008. Now She's Taking It Back
Apr 30, 2018 7:04 AM CDT
Miley Issued an Apology in 2008. Now She's Taking It Back
Cyrus tweets defiant message on Twitter regarding controversial 'Vanity Fair' pic
- It started out as what
deems a "trip down memory lane" on Sunday, as Miley Cyrus posted pictures of herself as a kid on Twitter. But by late afternoon, a more defiant tweet had emerged, referencing something from a decade earlier. Cyrus posted a picture of a 2008...
Recording Captures Captain's
Last Words on Sinking Ship
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Apr 8, 2018 9:40 AM CDT
Recording Captures Captain's Last Words on Sinking Ship
'It's time to come this way!' El Faro captain calls to struggling man; all 33 aboard the ship died
- The cargo ship El Faro went down in a hurricane near the Bahama Islands in 2015, and none of the 33 people aboard survived. Now
is out with a gripping account of the ship's final hours, based on recordings from the bridge salvaged from the ocean floor....
Magazine Removes Franco
From Hollywood Group Shot
Jan 26, 2018 6:21 AM CST
Magazine Removes Franco From Hollywood Group Shot
While Oprah and Reese Witherspoon address extra limbs
- The new
cover salutes "12 Extraordinary Stars, One Momentous Year" for Hollywood, but the original cover actually had 13 stars. The magazine digitally removed James Franco at the last minute because of his sexual harassment controversy , reports the
. "We made a decision not to...
Dec 28, 2017 5:33 AM CST
Clinton Jokes Flop, Internet Pounces
'Attempt at humor' viewed as sexist, ageist
's new editor-in-chief has kicked off her tenure with a scandal. The magazine issued an apology Wednesday, four days after a video mocking Hillary Clinton drew outrage on social media, per Deadline . In it, six editors suggest New Year's resolutions for the 2016 presidential candidate while holding...
Never Thought He'd Win
Nov 27, 2017 10:50 AM CST
Melania Trump Never Thought He'd Win
'She didn't want this come hell or high water,' an insider tells 'Vanity Fair'
- Count Melania Trump among those surprised that her husband won the presidency. A profile of the first lady at
quotes two insiders who say that Melania gave Donald Trump an ultimatum of sorts: Either run for the presidency or stop brooding about it. "She was very clearly...
Meet the New
Nov 13, 2017 4:35 PM CST
Meet the New
Radhika Jones will succeed Graydon Carter
- Condé Nast announced Monday who will be taking over one of the top gigs in publishing—the editor-in-chief position at
, from which Graydon Carter is stepping down after 25 years. Radhika Jones will succeed him at the helm starting Dec. 11; she will be the magazine's fifth...
Ronan Farrow in Running
to Take Over at
Oct 29, 2017 4:19 PM CDT
Ronan Farrow in Running to Take Over at
He's reportedly a contender to take over for Graydon Carter
- Ronan Farrow made his name in journalism as the author of a bombshell investigative report that helped bring down Harvey Weinstein. Now the
reports that the 29-year-old is on the short list to land a plum position in the industry: as editor of
. It is by no...
Driven Rise of
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Oct 1, 2017 10:13 AM CDT
The Pathos- Driven Rise of Kate McKinnon
In 'VF' interview, 'SNL' comedian touches on empathy she drew on to play Hillary Clinton
- Kate McKinnon is dressed down ("real-person down," without makeup and in sneakers and a baggy tee) and skittish like a cat, reacting so warily to her interview with Lili Anolik for
that Anolik realizes she's "going to have to approach her slowly, carefully, no...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
UCLA Pauses Dorm Project Over 'Worrisome' Room Size
Biden Makes Big Announcement on UAW Strike
Missing Star Wars Relic Turns Up in a Garage
She Has Learned What a Fatal Overdose Sounds Like
Dallas Mayor Switches Parties
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.