Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Stories 1 - 20 |
After Steel Beam
Falls on His Head
Sep 6, 2023 8:50 AM CDT
Ex-NFLer Dies After Steel Beam Falls on His Head
Construction accident fells Mike Williams, formerly of the Buccaneers and Bills
- Mike Williams, a former NFL wide receiver who was named a finalist for offensive rookie of the year in 2010, has died in a construction accident. The 36-year-old, a fourth-round pick out of Syracuse who played four seasons with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and a fifth with his hometown Buffalo...
in Family Pool
May 1, 2023 3:30 AM CDT
NFL Linebacker's Toddler Drowns in Family Pool
Arrayah Barrett had just turned 2
- Tragic news out of Florida, where the 2-year-old daughter of Tampa Bay Buccaneers linebacker Shaquil Barrett died by drowning in the family pool Sunday. Officers responded to the South Tampa home just before 9:30am in response to a call about a child having fallen in a pool, the
3 Noteworthy Things
About Monday Night's
NFL 'Playoff Dud'
Jan 17, 2023 12:35 AM CST
3 Noteworthy Things About Monday Night's NFL 'Playoff Dud'
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are out of the playoffs
- The Dallas Cowboys eliminated the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in a wild-card NFL playoff game Monday night that was making headlines for a few reasons. Among them:
Late in the fourth quarter, Tampa Bay wide receiver Russell Gage took a hard shot to the neck after stumbling to the
NFL Quarterback Helps Rescue
Family After Helicopter Crash
Dec 30, 2022 11:33 AM CST
NFL Quarterback Helps Rescue Family After Helicopter Crash
Tampa Bay quarterback Blaine Gabbert turned up on jet ski
- Philadelphia man Hunter Hupp isn't a football player, but he got a big assist from Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Blaine Gabbert on Thursday. Gabbert was one of three men on two jet skis who rescued Hupp and his parents after a helicopter crashed into Hillsborough Bay near downtown Tampa,...
Tom Brady Does What
He Swore Never to Do Again
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Dec 17, 2022 4:40 PM CST
Tom Brady Does What He Swore Never to Do Again
In 'class act,' he signs ball for opposing player who intercepted it during the game
- Tom Brady has been so good for so long that many of the young players he goes up against grew up idolizing him. On Sunday, San Francisco's Dre Greenlaw intercepted a pass thrown by Brady, then approached the QB after the game and asked him to sign the ball,...
'Mr. Irrelevant' May Have
Given NFL Its 'Story of the Year'
Dec 12, 2022 6:23 AM CST
'Mr. Irrelevant' May Have Given NFL Its 'Story of the Year'
Brock Purdy, picked last in 2022 draft, beats Tom Brady in his first start
- Brock Purdy has the unwanted label of "Mr. Irrelevant"—the nickname bestowed on the very last player picked in the NFL draft, which he was in 2022. Tom Brady, of course, has the label of GOAT, or Greatest of All Time. On Sunday, however, the 22-year-old Purdy made...
Tom Brady Just Became
First NFL Player to Do This
Nov 7, 2022 2:01 AM CST
Tom Brady Just Became First NFL Player to Do This
Quarterback goes over 100K yards passing for career
- Tom Brady became the first player in NFL history to throw for more than 100,000 yards, surpassing the milestone on a 15-yard completion to Leonard Fournette during the fourth quarter of Sunday’s game between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Los Angeles Rams, the AP reports. The league’...
This Hasn't Happened
to Tom Brady in 20 Years
Oct 28, 2022 9:09 AM CDT
This Hasn't Happened to Tom Brady in 20 Years
He's lost three games in a row
- Tom Brady is having a lousy year off the playing field with his personal life . But if you think he might find solace
the playing field, think again. Brady lost his third straight game Thursday night, which has not happened since 2002, reports
. Worse, he looked like...
Tom Brady Got Sacked, but
He's the One Paying $11K Fine
Oct 15, 2022 8:30 AM CDT
Tom Brady Got Sacked, but He's the One Paying $11K Fine
Buccaneers QB kicked at Falcons' Grady Jarrett after falling to ground in last Sunday's game
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady was sacked last weekend by Atlanta Falcons defensive end Grady Jarrett, a play that ended up earning Jarrett a controversial penalty for roughing the passer. Now, a hefty financial punishment has been handed down by the NFL—but it will be Brady paying it,...
of Marital Drama
Sep 19, 2022 6:44 AM CDT
Tom Brady Changes Schedule Amid Rumors of Marital Drama
NFL quarterback taking one day a week off, a first in his career
- Hot on the heels of reports that Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen are living separately comes a report from NFL.com that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback will be taking a personal day every Wednesday for the rest of the season. He already missed the Wednesday practice last week, reports...
Brother of Ex-NFLer Turns
Himself in After Fatal Shooting
Aug 15, 2022 2:20 PM CDT
Brother of Ex-NFLer Turns Himself in After Fatal Shooting
Yaqub Talib, brother of former Bronco Aqib Talib, is accused of gunning down youth coach in Texas
This story has been updated with new developments.
The brother of a former NFL cornerback turned himself in Monday after an arrest warrant was issued in connection with the fatal shooting of a youth football coach in Texas. Police in Lancaster issued the warrant for Yaqub Salik Talib, the older...
Bad Timing on Brady's
'Last' TD Ball Won't Cost Buyer
Apr 15, 2022 8:18 AM CDT
Bad Timing on Brady's 'Last' TD Ball Won't Cost Buyer
It sold for more than $500K just hours before the star quarterback un-retired
The unfortunate soul who bought a football at auction billed as Tom Brady's "last" touchdown pass won't have to shell out more than $500,000 after all. Hours after the winning bid was placed, Brady announced he was un-retiring and would play again. Now, CBS Sports...
Tom Brady's Retirement
From NFL Is Already Over
Mar 13, 2022 7:02 PM CDT
Tom Brady's Retirement From NFL Is Already Over
He announces he will be back with Tampa Bay
- He announced his retirement, then hinted at a change of heart , and now that change of heart is official: Tom Brady will return to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as quarterback next season, reports NFL.com . Brady himself announced the move. "These past two months I’ve realized my place...
Tom Brady Ends Rumors,
Feb 1, 2022 9:04 AM CST
Tom Brady Ends Rumors, Announces Retirement
Star quarterback is leaving football after 22 years, 7 Super Bowl rings
Tom Brady is done, officially. The Tampa Bay quarterback put an end to days of speculation on Tuesday by announcing his retirement after 22 years. “This is difficult for me to write, but here it goes: I am not going to make that competitive commitment anymore,” Brady...
Brady Gets Unwanted
First Amid Talk
Jan 24, 2022 8:27 AM CST
Brady Gets Unwanted First Amid Talk of Retirement
Tampa Bay QB gets first-ever unsportsmanlike conduct penalty
- Let the Tom Brady speculation commence. The all-everything QB will not repeat as Super Bowl champion after his Tampa Bay Buccaneers lost to the Rams on Sunday. The question is, will the 44-year-old return at all next year? "I haven't put a lot of thought into it, so...
Antonio Brown: Tom Brady
'Can't Do S--- by Himself'
Jan 8, 2022 10:00 AM CST
Antonio Brown: Tom Brady 'Can't Do S--- by Himself'
Former Buccaneer throws some shade at his former quarterback
- Antonio Brown is still getting things off his chest after his dramatic departure from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the middle of a game. On the Full Send Podcast Friday, Brown made clear that his relationship with Tom Brady isn't as tight as previously believed—and that it's...
Antonio Brown: I Didn't Quit,
I Was Fired for Injury
Jan 6, 2022 7:11 AM CST
Antonio Brown: I Didn't Quit, I Was Fired for Injury
Ex-Tampa Bay Buccaneer tells his side of the story after strange exit from Sunday's game
- Bruce Arians, coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, said Sunday he wasn't going to talk further about the bizarre exit of wide receiver Antonio Brown, both from that day's game and apparently from the team overall. "He is no longer a Buc," Arians said at the...
Shirtless, Loses Job
Jan 3, 2022 12:01 AM CST
Antonio Brown Leaves Game Shirtless, Loses Job
Wide receiver is no longer part of Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Antonio Brown was apparently frustrated and angry. So he walked away. From the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. And possibly his NFL career. The mercurial wide receiver was kicked off the Buccaneers after a bizarre, shirtless exit from the field before Tom Brady coolly led the Bucs on a 93-yard drive in...
'Gentle Giant' Found Dead in
Hotel Room Had CTE: Family
Dec 17, 2021 7:35 AM CST
'Gentle Giant' Found Dead in Hotel Room Had CTE: Family
Vincent Jackson's loved ones have donated his brain to Boston University
The former Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver found dead in a Florida hotel room in February had chronic traumatic encephalopathy, or CTE, his family announced Thursday, per NBC News . Vincent Jackson, who died at the age of 38, had stage 2 CTE, widow Lindsey Jackson said in a statement....
Gruden's Target: His Comment
'Makes Your Head Explode'
Oct 13, 2021 10:45 AM CDT
Gruden's Target: His Comment 'Makes Your Head Explode'
DeMaurice Smith says coach's resignation presents an 'opportunity'
- As an investigation of the Washington Football Team wrapped up over the summer—with a $10 million fine for workplace abuse —another was just beginning. During that initial probe, prompted by sexual harassment complaints, the NFL had received 650,000 emails from the work account of former Washington executive...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Cops Warn About New iPhone Feature, Experts Say to Chill
Leaning Tower Shuttered Last Month Now on 'High Alert'
Appeals Court Delivers Its Decision to Jussie Smollett
Bad News Part II for Trump on Legal Front
Doritos Has Solved the Issue of Crunching
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.