Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
'No View' Beyoncé Seats
Aug 17, 2023 4:10 PM CDT
Ticketmaster Sells 'No View' Beyoncé Seats
But some fans are happy with the view from 'listening seats'
- After wowing legions of fans in Europe and Canada, Beyoncé is now on the US leg of her Renaissance World Tour—and some fans are so desperate to see her that they're buying "listening only" seats. Axios reports that Ticketmaster has been "quietly" selling tickets for "...
Biden Strikes Agreement With
Ticket Agencies to Show Fees
Jun 15, 2023 5:25 PM CDT
Biden Strikes Agreement With Ticket Agencies to Show Fees
Live Nation, Ticketmaster to display charges to consumers up front
- Joined by executives of ticket agencies, President Biden announced Thursday that the companies have agreed to discontinue the practice of adding unexpected fees at the end of customers' online orders. Pressure for the change intensified last year when people shopping for Taylor Swift tickets on Ticketmaster faced skyrocketing prices, long...
Robert Smith Prevails
in Fight With Ticketmaster
Mar 17, 2023 8:39 AM CDT
Robert Smith Prevails in Fight With Ticketmaster
Fans charged 'unduly high' fees will get refunds of up to $10 per ticket
- When Robert Smith speaks, Ticketmaster apparently listens. The Cure frontman, who said in an all-caps series of tweets Wednesday that he was "SICKENED" by the high fees tacked onto tickets for the band's 2023 US and Canada dates, announced Thursday that fans would be getting some money back,...
Senators Sound Skeptical
Jan 24, 2023 1:56 PM CST
Ticketmaster Apologizes, Senators Sound Skeptical
Head of parent company Live Nation testifies at Senate hearing
- The parent company of Ticketmaster was grilled Tuesday by senators over its stranglehold of the industry and the debacle over the sale of Taylor Swift tickets . The big question now is whether anything will change. Some highlights:
Joe Berchtold, head of parent company Live Nation, apologized for the
Singer Zach Bryan Goes
Hard After Ticketmaster
Dec 27, 2022 7:31 AM CST
Singer Zach Bryan Goes Hard After Ticketmaster
Country star names ticket behemoth in new album title, slams unfair ticket prices for concerts
- The chorus against Ticketmaster's contentious concert pricing practices is growing, numbering among them Zach Bryan and friends. The country music artist dropped a live album,
All My Homies Hate Ticketmaster
, on Sunday. With it came a statement posted to social media in which he decried "a massive issue...
Fans Rage Against
After Bad Bunny
Dec 12, 2022 11:45 AM CST
Fans Rage Against Ticketmaster After Bad Bunny Concert Fiasco
Ticketholders with real tickets were turned away from Mexico City show due to influx of fake tickets
- Bad Bunny, the Puerto Rican rapper and singer known for such hits as "Moscow Mule" and "I Like It," performed in Mexico City on Friday and Saturday night, the final shows on his World's Hottest Tour across North America and Latin America, and he was filled...
Dec 5, 2022 10:35 AM CST
Swifties Lawyering Up Against Ticketmaster
Taylor Swift fans join lawsuit after ticketing debacle
- Ticketmaster may face more trouble over the debacle it made of its attempt to sell Taylor Swift concert tickets. Fans of the singer—self-anointed Swifties—have filed a lawsuit against the company and parent LiveNation alleging "fraud, price-fixing, and antitrust violations,” reports Pitchfork . The suit further alleges that...
Nov 18, 2022 2:23 PM CST
Taylor Swift Vents About Ticket Sale Disaster
Celeb says she won't 'make excuses for anyone'
- Taylor Swift didn't blame anyone by name Friday in expressing frustration and anger about the disastrous handling of ticket sales for her 2023 tour, but that "outside entity" she refers to would be Ticketmaster. The company called off the general sale of Swift tickets scheduled for Friday after...
Taylor Swift Fans
Urged to 'Finish the Job'
Pearl Jam Started
Nov 18, 2022 10:03 AM CST
Taylor Swift Fans Urged to 'Finish the Job' Pearl Jam Started
Grunge band went to war with Ticketmaster in 1994
- Fans are urging Taylor Swift and Pearl Jam to work together—and they're not talking about an album of Swift-Eddie Vedder duets. The Ticketmaster Taylor Swift debacle this week has brought back memories of the grunge band's battle against the company nearly 30 years ago, Fox reports. In...
Nov 17, 2022 4:40 PM CST
Ticketmaster Suspends Taylor Swift Ticket Sale
Public offering was scheduled for Friday, days after chaotic presale
- The mess that is the Ticketmaster selling of tickets for Taylor Swift's next tour has been paused: The vendor called off the general sale scheduled for Friday. In a tweet Thursday afternoon,
reports, Ticketmaster blamed "extraordinarily high demands on ticketing systems and insufficient remaining ticket inventory" for...
Tennessee AG Isn't Shaking Off
Ticketmaster's Swift Debacle
Nov 17, 2022 6:31 AM CST
Tennessee AG Isn't Shaking Off Ticketmaster's Swift Debacle
Jonathan Skrmetti looking into consumer complaints on Ticketmaster sales for singer's tour
- The Ticketmaster fumble on Tuesday during sales for Taylor Swift's Eras Tour wasn't just an annoyance for fans—it was a bungle that's caught the attention of Tennessee's attorney general. At a Wednesday video news conference, AG Jonathan Skrmetti announced that, due to multiple consumer complaints...
Amid Outcry, Springsteen
Manager Defends Ticket Prices
Jul 28, 2022 7:39 AM CDT
Amid Outcry, Springsteen Manager Defends Ticket Prices
'In pricing tickets for this tour, we looked carefully at what our peers have been doing'
- While there's been no comment from the Boss himself, Bruce Springsteen's manager has addressed outrage over ticket prices for Springsteen's 2023 tour. After tickets went on sale for some dates last week, Ticketmaster price for some seats rose to thousands of dollars because of its "dynamic...
Price of Springsteen Tickets
Causes an Uproar
Jul 25, 2022 6:39 PM CDT
Price of Springsteen Tickets Causes an Uproar
Ticketmaster offered some for more than $4K
- Bruce Springsteen is famous for his songs about working Americans—but when tickets for his eagerly awaited 2023 tour went on sale recently, fans were dismayed to see prices beyond the reach of most Americans who aren't working as hedge fund CEOs. The price of some floor seats rose...
Ticketmaster Has Idea on
How to Restart Concerts
Nov 12, 2020 9:10 AM CST
Ticketmaster Has Idea on How to Restart Concerts
Vetting of vaccinated or negative status could be linked to digital ticket
- In the 2011 movie
, wristbands were used to identify vaccinated people during a pandemic. Ticketmaster's plan is a little more complicated, but with Pfizer's coronavirus vaccine candidate showing promising results, the company hopes it will get fans back to concerts and sporting events at some point next...
Ticket Holders May
Not Be Getting Refunds
Apr 14, 2020 10:04 AM CDT
Ticket Holders May Not Be Getting Refunds
Customers furious over Ticketmaster, StubHub policies
- You might not be getting a refund for tickets purchased for a live show this year. Amid the coronavirus pandemic, Digital Music News reports Ticketmaster has changed its policy so as to not offer refunds for events that are postponed or rescheduled—and there are thousands, from sporting events to...
Taylor Swift's Ticketmaster
Scheme Is a 'Scam'
Aug 29, 2017 1:28 PM CDT
Taylor Swift's Ticketmaster Scheme Is a 'Scam'
Critics are calling it 'pay-to-play,' 'almost a Ponzi scheme'
- Taylor Swift and Ticketmaster have teamed up to help ensure tickets to her upcoming tour go to her biggest fans, not scalpers. That's so nice, right? Wrong. The complicated process, which utilizes Ticketmaster's new Verified Fan service, asks fans to buy Swift merch or promote her music on...
Congress Cracks Down
on Ticket-Buying Bots
Dec 8, 2016 12:07 AM CST
Congress Cracks Down on Ticket-Buying Bots
New law will 'level the playing field' for ticket buyers
- Congress has sent legislation to President Obama that could make it easier to get tickets to popular shows, sports events, and concerts. Legislation passed by voice vote in the House on Wednesday would crack down on computer software used by some ticket brokers to snap up tickets. The so-called "...
Millions of Free Tickets,
Jun 22, 2016 5:06 AM CDT
Ticketmaster Offers Millions of Free Tickets, Faces Backlash
Gig selection in class-action settlement leaves much to be desired
- If you used Ticketmaster between 1999 and 2013, you could be eligible for up to 17 vouchers for free concerts—but there's a strong chance you'll have to settle for a band you don't like that's playing in a distant city. Fans were outraged Tuesday when...
for ... $60K?
Dec 7, 2012 1:40 PM CST
Scalpers Are Selling Sandy Concert Tickets for ... $60K?
They're trying to, anyway, and Chuck Schumer is livid
- With names like Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen, the Rolling Stones , and Kanye West appearing in the upcoming "12-12-12 Concert for Sandy Relief," tickets cost anywhere from $150 to $2,500. Officially. Unofficially, however, online scalpers are asking as much as $60,000, raising an outcry against those looking...
Used Ticketmaster Since 1999? You're Due a Refund
Dec 2, 2011 8:05 AM CST
Used Ticketmaster Since 1999? You're Due a Refund
Class action lawsuit gives everyone a tiny slice of money back
- Everyone who has ever complained about Ticketmaster’s fees is about to get some satisfaction—albeit only $1.50 worth. A new proposed class-action settlement will force Ticketmaster to credit all its customers $1.50 for every ticket order made since 1999 (max: 17 orders), because the company profited off...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Cops Warn About New iPhone Feature, Experts Say to Chill
Leaning Tower Shuttered Last Month Now on 'High Alert'
Appeals Court Delivers Its Decision to Jussie Smollett
Bad News Part II for Trump on Legal Front
Doritos Has Solved the Issue of Crunching
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.