Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Mistake on Biden
Dec 1, 2022 11:54 AM CST
Gingrich: Republicans Making Big Mistake on Biden
He warns that the GOP keeps underestimating the president, and losing as a result
- Newt Gingrich has drawn one clear lesson for Republicans from the midterms: They "must learn to quit underestimating President Joe Biden." The former House speaker notes in an op-ed at Gingrich 360 that Republicans have a lot of fun depicting the 80-year-old as a doddering old man. "...
GOP Defense of
Oct 7, 2022 10:20 AM CDT
Reaction to GOP Defense of Herschel Walker: 'Um, What?'
Newt Gingrich's comments turned into punchlines
- That Georgia Senate candidate Herschel Walker reportedly encouraged and paid for an ex's abortion doesn't seem to matter to a party that's working to outlaw the procedure. Republicans have come out in defense of the first-time candidate also plagued by allegations of domestic violence and physical abuse,...
Fetterman Explains Tattoos
After Tucker Carlson's Rant
Sep 27, 2022 5:41 AM CDT
Fetterman Explains Tattoos After Tucker Carlson's Rant
The dates on his forearm are quite meaningful, Senate candidate writes
- Earlier this month, Tucker Carlson went on what John Fetterman calls a "nearly 20-minute long," "unhinged" rant about Fetterman's tattoos, among other things. In an essay on NBC News on Sunday, Fetterman responded. According to the Hill , one of Carlson's comments—while decrying Fetterman as...
January 6 Panel
Wants to Talk to
Sep 2, 2022 1:08 AM CDT
January 6 Panel Wants to Talk to Newt Gingrich
Committee is asking for a voluntary interview
- The House January 6 panel is asking Newt Gingrich to voluntarily cooperate with its probe into the 2021 attack on the US Capitol. In a letter sent to the former GOP House speaker, the select committee says it has obtained emails between Gingrich, Jared Kushner, Jason Miller, and other senior...
Yes, a GOP
Aug 30, 2022 11:30 AM CDT
Gingrich: Yes, a GOP Wave Is Coming
Ex-House speaker says left-leaning media is either misunderstanding the facts or distorting them
- There's a growing sentiment in the media that the GOP will struggle in the upcoming November midterms, writes former Republican House speaker Newt Gingrich. But in his op-ed at Fox News , Gingrich asserts that the "legacy, left-wing media is at best misunderstanding—and at worst deliberately distorting—the...
Family Suggests Conceding
as Trump Again Attacks Vote
Nov 8, 2020 11:00 AM CST
Family Suggests Conceding as Trump Again Attacks Vote
First lady and Kushner join those wanting the president to give up the fight
- The morning after President-elect Joe Biden declared victory, President Trump renewed his claims that the election was stolen—even as his family urged him to concede. The president broke quotes about supposed balloting fraud into a series of tweets , the
reports. "We believe these people are thieves,"...
Pelosi Says a Resolution
Condemning Trump Is Coming
Jul 15, 2019 1:48 PM CDT
Pelosi Says a Resolution Condemning Trump Is Coming
While Trump says, 'Many people agree with me'
- Democrats and several right-wing commentators were quick to denounce President Trump's Sunday tweet that four progressive Democratic congresswomen should "go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested [countries] from which they came." Now Republican lawmakers are starting to offer their own take. In a...
Newt Gingrich Predicts
'Political Surprise' for 2018
Dec 28, 2017 2:00 PM CST
Newt Gingrich Predicts 'Political Surprise' for 2018
He says Republicans will win big in next year's elections
- One common sentiment among political pundits is that Democrats are on track to deliver a political shellacking to Republicans in the 2018 elections. At Fox News , however, Newt Gingrich is predicting the "great political surprise" of the new year: Republicans will not only win, they'll win big. "...
Callista Gingrich Confirmed as
US Ambassador to the Vatican
Oct 16, 2017 6:15 PM CDT
Callista Gingrich Confirmed as US Ambassador to the Vatican
The Senate voted 70-23 in favor
- The GOP-led Senate has confirmed Callista Gingrich's nomination to be US ambassador to the Vatican. Senators voted overwhelmingly, 70-23, to approve her for the post. President Donald Trump had announced in May that he would nominate her, AP reports.
Trump: Suggesting I Had
Comey Tapes 'Wasn't Stupid'
Jun 23, 2017 9:01 AM CDT
Trump: Suggesting I Had Comey Tapes 'Wasn't Stupid'
Says Mueller's friendship with Comey is 'very bothersome'
- Allies of President Trump have been demanding Robert Mueller recuse himself from the Justice Department investigation into links between the Trump campaign and Russia and whether Trump tried to obstruct justice, reports Politico . And while Trump himself wouldn't go that far in an interview with
Fox & Friends
Trump Lawyer: 'There Is
No Investigation, Period'
SUNDAY TALK SHOWS
Jun 18, 2017 9:05 AM CDT
Trump Lawyer: 'There Is No Investigation, Period'
Says president's tweet was responding to report of investigation
- Tweets that President Trump is under investigation have been greatly exaggerated, the president's own lawyer says. "Let me be clear here," Jay Sekulow tells NBC's
Meet the Press.
"The president is not and has not been under investigation for obstruction." He went on to...
Newt: Media Missed Trump's
'Titanic' Foreign Policy Shift
May 25, 2017 8:33 AM CDT
Newt: Media Missed Trump's 'Titanic' Foreign Policy Shift
Former speaker says Trump's speech in Saudi Arabia was unlike any before it
- The media must have been otherwise occupied when President Trump gave a "historic speech" in Saudi Arabia this week, because they missed what Newt Gingrich writes in the
was the "real drama of the moment: a titanic shift in US foreign policy occurring right before their...
Has His Way,
Move to Vatican
May 15, 2017 9:33 AM CDT
If Trump Has His Way, Gingriches Will Move to Vatican
He plans to nominate Callista for Vatican ambassador: reports
- President Trump has settled on Callista Gingrich as the US ambassador to the Vatican, CNN reported first Sunday night, saying the choice has been made but the process has been hung up by the Office of Government Ethics, which needs to give its approval. The network reports a formal nomination...
Gingrich Would Like to
See Madonna Arrested
Jan 23, 2017 2:40 PM CST
Gingrich Would Like to See Madonna Arrested
Dismisses singer's attempt to clarify remark about 'blowing up White House'
- Newt Gingrich blasted Madonna on Monday, declaring she "ought to be arrested" for saying on Saturday she had "thought an awful lot about blowing up the White House." In an appearance on
Fox & Friends
, Gingrich, an adviser to Donald Trump, likened Madonna’s remarks at the...
Back at Obama
With 2 Words
Dec 27, 2016 8:14 AM CST
Trump Fires Back at Obama With 2 Words
- President Obama believes he could've won the 2016 election if he'd been able to run on "the notion of a one America that is tolerant and diverse and open and full of energy and dynamism." Donald Trump's reaction: "NO WAY!" In a tweet...
Trump Made One
Nov 30, 2016 3:09 AM CST
Gingrich Thinks Trump Made One Post-Election Mistake
Voter fraud tweet was a misstep, he says
- Newt Gingrich has long been an enthusiastic Donald Trump supporter, but he admits that Trump has made one big mistake since winning the election: questioning the legitimacy of the election with a tweet claiming that millions voted illegally . "The president of the United States can't randomly tweet without...
Nov 9, 2016 11:27 AM CST
Trump's Son Among Potential Cabinet Picks
Donald Trump Jr. for Interior secretary?
- Hours after Donald Trump was named president-elect , talk has turned to what could potentially be "one of the more eclectic and controversial presidential cabinets in modern history," per Politico . Given that Trump is a businessman rather than a seasoned politician, it's perhaps no surprise that his camp...
Blows Up at
Oct 26, 2016 5:43 AM CDT
Newt Gingrich Blows Up at Megyn Kelly
'You are fascinated with sex'
- Megyn Kelly tried to ask Newt Gingrich about the Donald Trump groping allegations Tuesday night—but she didn't get further than the words "If Trump is a sexual predator ..." before Gingrich blew up. "He's not a sexual predator!" Gingrich told the Fox host, per...
Mike Pence: 'Trump Gets It'
Jul 20, 2016 10:38 PM CDT
Mike Pence: 'Trump Gets It'
He accepts 'awesome privilege' of being running mate
- Introduced by Paul Ryan as a "man of solid character," Mike Pence accepted the "awesome privilege" of being the vice presidential nominee in front of an enthusiastic crowd at the RNC Wednesday night. Pence, who described himself as "a Christian, a conservative, and a Republican, in...
in Cruz Speech
Jul 20, 2016 9:53 PM CDT
Gingrich Finds Silver Lining for Trump in Cruz Speech
Former speaker turns rival's words into an endorsement
- After Ted Cruz's boo-inducing non-endorsement of Donald Trump —one in which he told people to "vote your conscience"—Newt Gingrich took the stage and put a more positive spin on Cruz's words for Trump supporters. "I think you misunderstood one paragraph" in Cruz's...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Kelsey Grammer Interview Abruptly Ends After Trump Question
A 'Shocking' Find on Trading Ahead of Hamas' Oct. 7 Attack
Fetterman Forks Over $343.20 for a Santos Troll Video
Mackenzie Phillips: I Forgave Dad for Me, Not Him
Canadian Entrepreneur, Philanthropist Found Dead With His Partner
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.