Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Report: Depp Signs
7-Figure Deal With Dior
Aug 9, 2022 5:09 PM CDT
Report: Depp Signs 7-Figure Deal With Dior
He's been the face of Sauvage since 2015
- Johnny Depp has been enjoying success after success following his court victory over Amber Heard. Sources tell TMZ that the actor has signed a new, seven-figure, multi-year deal with Dior to continue being the face of its Sauvage men's scent. According to TMZ's sources, fashion photographer Greg did...
Johnny Depp's Debut Art
Collection Sells Out in Hours
Jul 29, 2022 10:50 AM CDT
Johnny Depp's Debut Art Collection Sells Out in Hours
It's Castle Fine Art's 'fastest-selling collection to date,' with $3.6M in sales
- Within hours, Johnny Depp went from being a somewhat secret painter to one with sales in the multi-millions. The actor unleashed his debut art collection on the world in a Thursday Instagram post , revealing prints for sale through Castle Fine Art's galleries, per the BBC . Its website was soon...
Amber Heard Loses
Bid for Retrial
Jul 13, 2022 4:49 PM CDT
Amber Heard Loses Bid for Retrial
$10M verdict still stands, though actress plans to appeal
- The Virginia judge who presided over the Johnny Depp-Amber Heard defamation case on Wednesday denied the actress' request to throw out the jury's $10 million verdict and order a new trial. Heard had filed the motions last week, and Depp's team quickly opposed them. Judge Penney Azcarate also...
Depp's Lawyers Answer
Attempt to Toss Verdict
Jul 11, 2022 5:05 PM CDT
Depp's Lawyers Answer Attempt to Toss Verdict
They differ with Heard's argument that the $10M verdict wasn't supported by evidence
: It's understandable that Amber Heard would want Johnny Depp's defamation suit victory against her thrown out and a new trial ordered, his lawyers told a court Monday, but there's no legitimate reason to do that. "Virginia law is clear that a verdict is not to...
Jun 24, 2022 4:25 PM CDT
Judge Issues Order for Heard to Pay $10M
Johnny Depp owes actress $2M after trial
: The judge who presided over her defamation trial finalized the jury's award on Friday, issuing a written order for Amber Heard to pay Johnny Depp $10.35 million. After a hearing in Fairfax County, Virginia, Judge Penney Azcarate also ordered Depp to pay Heard $2 million, the AP...
Amber Heard: I'm
Not a 'Perfect Victim'
Jun 15, 2022 2:26 PM CDT
Amber Heard: I'm Not a 'Perfect Victim'
She says she's worried about more lawsuits from Depp
- Amber Heard says she has no bad feelings toward Johnny Depp—but she's worried he might try to sue her for defamation again. In the second part of her
interview with Savannah Guthrie, Heard said she "absolutely" stil has love for the actor, CNN reports. "I...
on Depp: 'He's a
Jun 13, 2022 9:40 AM CDT
Amber Heard on Depp: 'He's a Fantastic Actor'
Says she understands why jurors believed him, and that she was unfairly represented on social media
- The trial may be over , but the conversation around Amber Heard and Johnny Depp isn't. While Depp, 59, marked the end of this particular legal battle with his ex-wife by joining TikTok last week, the 36-year-old Heard hasn't said much in the aftermath, other than her statement immediately...
Depp Lawyer: 'This
Was Never About Money'
Jun 8, 2022 1:20 PM CDT
Depp Lawyer: 'This Was Never About Money'
He suggests actor might not collect payout from ex-wife
- Johnny Depp's lawyers went on what Amber Heard's team slammed as a "victory lap" Wednesday to discuss the case on morning shows. One of them, Ben Chew, appeared to suggest that Depp might not collect the $10.35 million payout from Heard, whose attorneys say she can'...
Johnny Depp Joins TikTok
Jun 7, 2022 2:35 PM CDT
Johnny Depp Joins TikTok
He thanks fans in first video
- Johnny Depp is TikTok's newest star. The actor joined the site and quickly racked up more than 5 million followers as of Tuesday afternoon. So far, he has posted only one video , which includes clips of him arriving at the Amber Heard defamation trial and scenes from his recent...
Amber Heard's Sister
Offers Support After Verdict
Jun 6, 2022 2:02 PM CDT
Amber Heard's Sister Offers Support After Verdict
'I am so honored to testify for you, and I would do it a million times over'
- Amber Heard's sister is sticking by her after the verdict in the Johnny Depp defamation case. Whitney Henriquez, who testified in support of her sister during the six-week trial, issued a statement on Instagram Sunday, reports
. "I still stand with you, sissy. Yesterday, today and tomorrow I...
Dior Stood by Johnny Depp.
So Did His Fans, via Dior
Jun 3, 2022 8:17 AM CDT
Dior Stood by Johnny Depp. So Did His Fans, via Dior
Luxury brand's Sauvage cologne, which Depp promotes, is flying off shelves
- Since 2015, Johnny Depp has been the face representing Dior's Sauvage cologne, appearing in the luxury brand's ads and on its website and social media. Support for the actor from Dior hasn't faltered, even during the weeks he spent in court during his defamation trial against ex-wife...
There's So Much Wrong With
the Heard, Depp Verdicts
Jun 2, 2022 12:46 PM CDT
There's So Much Wrong With the Heard, Depp Verdicts
Both actors should have lost their cases, writes Danny Cevallos
- It's no wonder Amber Heard is "heartbroken" by the verdicts in her defamation trial with ex-husband Johnny Depp. "It means the jurors didn't believe [she] was ever abused"—physically, sexually, emotionally, psychologically, or financially—"not once," legal analyst Danny Cevallos writes at NBC...
4.4M Ask Warner Bros
to Cut Heard From
Jun 1, 2022 7:10 PM CDT
4.4M Ask Warner Bros to Cut Heard From
They accuse her of 'crusading' to ruin Johnny Depp
- Millions of people didn't wait for a verdict in the Johnny Depp-Amber Heard trial before deciding that they don't want to see Heard in the upcoming
sequel. TMZ reports that a petition to have Heard removed from
Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom
is closing in on 4....
Heard 'Heartbroken' by Verdict
Jun 1, 2022 5:13 PM CDT
Heard 'Heartbroken' by Verdict
Depp thanks jury for 'giving him his life back'
- Amber Heard said she was "heartbroken" and disappointed "beyond words" Wednesday after a jury ruled in favor of Johnny Depp after a six-week defamation trial. "I'm heartbroken that the mountain of evidence still was not enough to stand up to the disproportionate power, influence, and sway...
Jury Awards Damages to Both
Johnny Depp, Amber Heard
Jun 1, 2022 2:41 PM CDT
Jury Awards Damages to Both Johnny Depp, Amber Heard
He asked for $50M, was awarded $15M
- Johnny Depp has won his libel lawsuit against ex-wife Amber Heard after one of the most closely watched celebrity trials in years. The AP reports that the jury awarded Depp $15 million in damages, well below the $50 million he had sought. The jury also awarded Heard $2 million in...
Johnny Depp Jury Returns
With Question for Judge
May 31, 2022 3:15 PM CDT
Johnny Depp Jury Returns With Question for Judge
They're in their first full day of deliberations
- Jurors in the Johnny Depp-Amber Heard defamation trial resumed deliberations Tuesday for the first full day since closing arguments were delivered Friday—and after around four hours, they had a question for the judge. Judge Penney Azcarate said the jury in the civil trial asked about the headline of the...
at UK Concert
May 30, 2022 12:15 PM CDT
Depp Delivers Surprise Performance at UK Concert
Fans were amazed when he turned up onstage with Jeff Beck
- Johnny Depp was in court for closing arguments in his defamation lawsuit against Amber Heard Friday—but by Sunday night, he was thousands of miles from the Virginia courthouse. Rock fans were amazed when Depp turned up on stage with collaborator Jeff Beck at a concert in Sheffield, England, reports...
'There Appears to Be
an Amber Alert'
May 27, 2022 2:17 PM CDT
'There Appears to Be an Amber Alert'
Judge explains oddly coincidental interruption during Heard-Depp closing arguments
- It has been a particularly nasty public trial . But during closing arguments Friday in the Amber Heard/Johnny Depp defamation case, something that bordered on comic relief occurred. As Heard attorney Ben Rottenborn was making his case, alarms started going off on phones in the courtroom, reports Deadline . Amid the confusion,...
A Nasty 'Playbook' Emerges
Amid the Heard-Depp Trial
May 27, 2022 10:01 AM CDT
A Nasty 'Playbook' Emerges Amid the Heard-Depp Trial
Amanda Hess writes of the misogynistic online campaign against Heard
- It's a televised trial involving two high-profile celebrities, but if you think public opinion on social media is evenly split between Johnny Depp and Amber Heard, think again, writes Amanda Hess in the
New York Times
. On TikTok and other platforms, the pro-Depp camp dominates, and the constant stream...
'People Want to
Put My Baby in
May 27, 2022 7:58 AM CDT
Amber Heard: 'People Want to Put My Baby in Microwave'
She addresses the abuse she is enduring amid the Johnny Depp defamation trial
- The AP has two words that might be welcome news to a lot of people in regard to the defamation trial involving Amber Heard and Johnny Depp: "closing arguments." They take place on Friday, meaning the end is near after a six-week trial. This comes one day after...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
20-Year-Old Makes $110M on Bed Bath & Beyond Stock
Anne Heche's Cause of Death Revealed
Her Alaskan Election Surprise May Lead to History
Teen Beat Their Daughters. They Forced Probe Into Her Gender
Trump's Former Money Guy Pleads Guilty, Heads to Prison
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.