Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
A Nasty 'Playbook' Emerges
Amid the Heard-Depp Trial
May 27, 2022 10:01 AM CDT
A Nasty 'Playbook' Emerges Amid the Heard-Depp Trial
Amanda Hess writes of the misogynistic online campaign against Heard
- It's a televised trial involving two high-profile celebrities, but if you think public opinion on social media is evenly split between Johnny Depp and Amber Heard, think again, writes Amanda Hess in the
New York Times
. On TikTok and other platforms, the pro-Depp camp dominates, and the constant stream...
'People Want to
Put My Baby in
May 27, 2022 7:58 AM CDT
Amber Heard: 'People Want to Put My Baby in Microwave'
She addresses the abuse she is enduring amid the Johnny Depp defamation trial
- The AP has two words that might be welcome news to a lot of people in regard to the defamation trial involving Amber Heard and Johnny Depp: "closing arguments." They take place on Friday, meaning the end is near after a six-week trial. This comes one day after...
In Very Brief Testimony,
Kate Moss Denies Depp Rumor
May 25, 2022 11:39 AM CDT
In Very Brief Testimony, Kate Moss Denies Depp Rumor
Says he never pushed her down stairs
- As far as witnesses go, the Johnny Depp-Amber Heard trial saw arguably its biggest on Wednesday: Model Kate Moss took the stand virtually and offered testimony that ran less than three minutes, reports CNN . She was called as a rebuttal witness by Depp's team. Heard had testified that when...
May 24, 2022 10:50 AM CDT
Amber Heard Rests Case, Doesn't Call Depp
His legal team is expected to call ex Kate Moss to testify on his behalf
- A development in the Amber Heard/Johnny Depp trial that all sides might be happy with: It took a big step toward being over on Tuesday. Heard's legal team rested her case without calling Depp to the stand, reports the AP . Now Depp's team will present its rebuttal in...
May 17, 2022 11:27 AM CDT
Weird Detail About Depp-Heard Trial Surfaces
Johnny Depp will not look at Amber Heard
- The ugly celebrity trial between Johnny Depp and Amber Heard has included all kinds of disturbing allegations . But one unusual aspect surfaced in court on Monday: Depp never looks directly at his ex-wife during the proceedings. As
and Yahoo Entertainment report, the topic came up during an exchange between...
Heard Says Depp Was
'Obsessed' by Poop Incident
May 16, 2022 6:30 PM CDT
Heard Says Depp Was 'Obsessed' by Poop Incident
She denies leaving feces in bed
- Johnny Depp's libel lawsuit against Amber Heard resumed Monday after a week off—and Heard firmly denied that she or a friend had left feces in the bed she shared with the actor. She said one of their dogs had "bowel control issues" and an accident could have...
Things Get Very Graphic in the
Johnny Depp-Amber Heard Trial
May 6, 2022 12:59 AM CDT
Things Get Very Graphic in the Johnny Depp-Amber Heard Trial
Heard testifies that Depp sexually assaulted her with a liquor bottle
- Amber Heard tearfully told jurors Thursday that Johnny Depp sexually assaulted her with a liquor bottle in an alcohol-fueled rage, the AP reports. The March 2015 incident in Australia, where Depp was filming the fifth
Pirates of the Caribbean
movie, is sharply disputed and has been a focal point of...
'The Worst Thing That Could
Happen to Me Happened'
May 4, 2022 5:46 PM CDT
'The Worst Thing That Could Happen to Me Happened'
Amber Heard says Johnny Depp first slapped her early in their relationship
- Amber Heard took the stand for the first time in Johnny Depp's defamation lawsuit against her Wednesday and recounted numerous alleged assaults, starting in late 2011, soon after they began dating. Heard said Depp slapped her when she asked about one of his tattoos while they were drinking together...
Psychologist Says Depp
Sexually Assaulted Heard
May 3, 2022 5:07 PM CDT
Psychologist Says Depp Sexually Assaulted Heard
Depp's team has rested its case
- Amber Heard suffered post-traumatic stress disorder from violence she suffered at the hands of her ex-husband Johnny Depp, including multiple acts of sexual assault, a psychologist testified Tuesday. The sexual assaults included being forced to perform oral sex and having Depp penetrate her with a liquor bottle, the psychologist, Dawn...
Heard's Lawyers Revised
Article at Heart of Libel Case
Apr 29, 2022 6:06 AM CDT
Heard's Lawyers Revised Article at Heart of Libel Case
ACLU lawyers says organization drafted op-ed on domestic violence
- Amber Heard pushed to have details of her marriage with fellow actor Johnny Depp included in an op-ed piece that she wrote about domestic violence, even though her lawyers wanted those passages removed from the article. Jurors in the libel lawsuit Depp filed against Heard heard testimony Thursday from Terence...
Psychologist Hired by Depp
Gives Her Take on Heard
Apr 26, 2022 5:16 PM CDT
Psychologist Hired by Depp Gives Her Take on Heard
Says actor has Borderline personality disorder and histrionic personality disorder
- A forensic psychologist hired by Johnny Depp's legal team testified Tuesday that actor Amber Heard suffers from borderline personality disorder and histrionic personality disorder, as the civil lawsuit between her and ex-husband continues to wallow in the couple's personal issues . The psychologist, Shannon Curry, said she reached her...
Johnny Depp: I Was a
Victim of Domestic Violence
Apr 25, 2022 7:30 PM CDT
Johnny Depp: I Was a Victim of Domestic Violence
Actor wraps up 4 days of testimony in Amber Heard defamation case
- Johnny Depp wrapped up four days of testimony Thursday by continuing to deny that he had ever hit ex-wife Amber Heard—and by saying he was the real victim of domestic abuse. The actor responded "Yes" when one of his lawyers asked him if had been "a victim...
'Let's Burn Amber,'
and More Johnny Depp
Texts Read at Trial
Apr 22, 2022 12:00 AM CDT
'Let's Burn Amber,' and More Johnny Depp Texts Read at Trial
Amber Heard's attorneys try to undermine the actor using his own words
- Attorneys for actor Amber Heard sought to undermine Johnny Depp’s libel lawsuit against her Thursday by spending hours in court focused on the actor's drinking, drug use, and texts he sent to friends—including one about wanting to kill and defile his then-wife, the AP reports. Heard's...
Johnny Depp: Amber Heard
Had a 'Need for Conflict'
Apr 20, 2022 6:40 PM CDT
Johnny Depp: Amber Heard Had a 'Need for Conflict'
He takes the stand for a 2nd day in defamation trial
- Johnny Depp returned to the stand in his defamation lawsuit against ex-wife Amber Heard on Wednesday, and gave his version of numerous ugly incidents in their troubled marriage. Depp, who denied ever hitting Heard in testimony Tuesday, said Heard had "a need for conflict" and "a need for...
Johnny Depp: 'I Have Never
Struck Any Woman in My Life'
Apr 19, 2022 5:27 PM CDT
Johnny Depp: 'I Have Never Struck Any Woman in My Life'
He takes the stand in his defamation case against Amber Heard
- Johnny Depp took the stand Tuesday in his libel lawsuit against Amber Heard Tuesday, and firmly denied that he had abused her during their brief marriage. The actor denied ever hitting Heard—or any other woman—and said the accusations were not "based in any species of truth."...
Heard's Former Assistant:
Depp Was a 'Total Gentleman'
Apr 15, 2022 12:13 AM CDT
Heard's Former Assistant: Depp Was a 'Total Gentleman'
While Heard was verbally abusive, she testifies
- A former personal assistant to Amber Heard said she never saw the actress suffer any physical abuse at the hands of then-husband Johnny Depp—but she said Heard once spit in her face when she asked for a higher salary. Heard descended into screaming fits of blind rage, sent incoherent...
Johnny Depp's Sister Testifies
in Case Against Amber Heard
Apr 13, 2022 1:16 AM CDT
Johnny Depp's Sister Testifies in Case Against Amber Heard
And more from day 2 of the trial
- A jury was selected Monday in the Johnny Depp-Amber Heard trial, and on Tuesday, things kicked off in earnest. Both sides gave opening statements and witness testimony started in the libel case Depp has brought against Heard, his ex-wife. "Mr. Depp's team is going to try to turn...
Big Names May Show at Depp's
Defamation Trial Against Ex
Apr 11, 2022 7:34 AM CDT
Big Names May Show at Depp's Defamation Trial Against Ex
James Franco, Elon Musk among potential witnesses in proceedings against Amber Heard
- For Johnny Depp, it's been a "surreal" few years," and that time has been extended for him and Amber Heard as their legal battle continues. The two face off in a trial that starts Monday, this time over a defamation lawsuit brought by the 58-year-old actor against...
Depp: 'No One Is Safe'
From 'Cancel Culture'
Sep 23, 2021 7:20 AM CDT
Depp: 'No One Is Safe' From 'Cancel Culture'
He spoke before receiving top award at Spanish film festival
- Johnny Depp, whose movie career has suffered since he lost a libel case against a British tabloid that called him a "wife beater," portrayed himself as a victim of "cancel culture" at a film festival in Spain on Wednesday. He slammed the "instant rush to judgment"...
Aug 16, 2021 7:20 AM CDT
Johnny Depp: It's Been a 'Surreal 5 Years'
In interview with 'Sunday Times,' Depp talks new film, 'boycott' against him in wake of legal woes
- The reason for the current commotion in Johnny Depp's life? "The absurdity of media mathematics." That's per Depp himself, in a new interview with the
in which the 58-year-old actor talks about his new movie,
, and how he thinks he's been snubbed...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Detroit Radio Anchor Killed, His Family Injured, in Attack
Earth Isn't Ready for What We've Collected on Mars
The World Has a New Island
For Owners of Some Kias, Hyundais, an Unusual Worry
Radio Station's Move Is Bad News for Favre
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.