Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Goodbye, Choco Taco
Jul 26, 2022 2:22 PM CDT
Goodbye, Choco Taco
Klondike Brand knows 'this may be very disappointing' to some
- It was once hailed by Eater as "the most beloved and innovative of all American ice cream ‘novelties,’" but it is no more. Klondike Brand has officially pulled the plug on the Choco Taco. As a company rep explained in an email to CNN Business, "...
'Eat the Rich' With Popsicles
Shaped Like Musk, Bezos
Jul 13, 2022 9:35 AM CDT
'Eat the Rich' With Popsicles Shaped Like Musk, Bezos
MSCHF artists collective has ice cream trucks in NYC, LA with the billionaire-shaped treats
- If you're in New York City or Los Angeles on Wednesday and want to work out your angst against capitalism, there's a frozen treat waiting for you, modeled after the world's richest men. Just stop by what's being deemed a "unique art pop-up" by CBS...
Consumers Freak Over
Fancy, Non-Melting Ice Cream
Jul 8, 2022 12:39 PM CDT
Consumers Freak Over Fancy, Non-Melting Ice Cream
Foodies in China want to know why even fire won't make a dent in Zhong Xue Gao product
- We already know about fast-food items that don't spoil for decades , but ice cream that doesn't melt adds a new wrinkle to the conversation on what we put in food to preserve it. That's the current topic of discussion in China, where consumers are demanding to know...
Walmart's New Ice Cream
Isn't Going Over as Planned
May 24, 2022 7:57 AM CDT
Walmart's New Ice Cream Isn't Going Over as Planned
Juneteenth-themed treat has spurred a backlash
- Last year's celebration of Juneteenth , its debut as a federal holiday, was marked by parades , concerts, artwork, and more solemn commemorations of the ending of slavery in America. Walmart's contribution ahead of June 19 this year isn't going over quite as well. In fact, TMZ deems the...
Pope 'Gave Hope' to Rome's
Prisoners With Ice Cream
Sep 8, 2021 1:29 PM CDT
Pope 'Gave Hope' to Rome's Prisoners With Ice Cream
Vatican says 15K ice creams were delivered to 2 prisons
- Italy may have broken the record for the hottest temperature ever logged in Europe—and amid the sweltering heat, Pope Francis made a gesture that's quite literally cool. A statement from the Vatican said that 15,000 ice creams were sent to prisoners in Rome. Reuters reports the "...
Israel PM: Ben & Jerry's Will
Face 'Serious Consequences'
Jul 20, 2021 3:24 PM CDT
Israel PM: Ben & Jerry's Will Face 'Serious Consequences'
Naftali Bennett promises to 'act aggressively' against boycott actions
- Israel's prime minister has warned Ben & Jerry's that there will be "serious consequences, legal and otherwise" for its decision to ban sales of its ice cream in what the company calls "Occupied Palestinian Territory." Naftali Bennett said Tuesday that Israel "will act aggressively...
Reviewers Were Surprised
by Mac and Cheese Ice Cream
Jul 16, 2021 8:47 AM CDT
Reviewers Were Surprised by Mac and Cheese Ice Cream
Flavor turned out to be 'uniquely compelling'
- Many people's initial reaction to the Kraft Mac and Cheese ice cream released in honor of National Mac and Cheese Day on Wednesday was a hard "no"—but reviewers say the combination is a lot tastier than they expected. Amy McCarthy at Eater says the "unhinged"...
That'll Be $1K
Apr 13, 2021 3:00 AM CDT
Looking for Dolly Parton's Ice Cream? That'll Be $1K
After website snafu, that's how much is being asked for a pint on eBay
- Dolly Parton's fans are not messing around: They sent 50 times the normal traffic to the website for Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams when Parton's limited edition flavor launched Thursday , leading to a supply-and-demand problem. Which would explain why there's a pint of the Strawberry Pretzel Pie...
Jan 16, 2021 10:41 AM CST
Ice Cream Tests Positive for Coronavirus
The samples came from a Chinese plant
- A routine food inspection in northeastern China has revealed coronavirus-tainted ice cream, HuffPost reports. Three samples of ice cream produced by the Tiajin Daqiaodao Food Company, a maker of frozen food products, were found to have traces of the virus. The tested flavors were chocolate, strawberry, and taro. Now, the...
Ben & Jerry's Workers Love
Their Pets. An Idea Was Born
Jan 12, 2021 7:21 AM CST
Ben & Jerry's Workers Love Their Pets. An Idea Was Born
Ice cream maker debuts Doggie Desserts, frozen treats for man's best friend
- If your puppy salivates every time he sees you eating an ice cream cone, Ben & Jerry's now has a remedy. Per CNN , the Unilever-owned company on Monday debuted Doggie Desserts , nondairy frozen treats for our four-legged friends that were inspired by the pets of Ben & Jerry's...
Casualty of COVID
Nov 2, 2020 10:00 AM CST
Another Corporate Casualty of COVID
Friendly's restaurant chain, known for its ice cream sundaes, has filed for Chapter 11
- Friendly's Restaurants, an East Coast dining chain known for its sundaes, is filing for bankruptcy protection. The company, which runs its restaurants under the parent company FIC Restaurants Inc., will sell substantially all of its assets to the restaurant company Amici Partners Group, per the AP . All 130 of...
Ex-Blue Bell Chief
Indicted in Listeria Case
Oct 22, 2020 7:28 AM CDT
Ex-Blue Bell Chief Indicted in Listeria Case
Paul Kruse is accused of trying to cover up 2015 outbreak
- In 2015, three people died and seven others were infected in four states in a listeria outbreak tied to Blue Bell Creameries ice cream. Now, a Texas grand jury has charged the former CEO and president of the company, accusing him of leading attempts to conceal the contamination. CNN Business...
Cream Is Gay
Jul 7, 2020 11:28 AM CDT
Putin Ally: Rainbow Ice Cream Is Gay Propaganda
Head of Russia's Union of Women implies harmful effect on children
- A newspaper has jokingly suggested that rainbows be banned in Russia after President Vladimir Putin heard complaints about one featured on ice cream packaging. Yekaterina Lakhova, a former MP and the current head of Russia's Union of Women, likened the image to gay propaganda during a Friday video conference...
For $5 a Scoop,
This Hong Kong
Ice Cream Will
Burn Your Throat
May 15, 2020 7:24 AM CDT
For $5 a Scoop, This Hong Kong Ice Cream Will Burn Your Throat
Tear gas-flavored treat is meant as an homage to the pro-democracy movement there
- Tear gas is among the new flavors at a Hong Kong ice cream shop. The main ingredient is black peppercorns, a reminder of the pungent, peppery rounds fired by police on the streets of the semi-autonomous Chinese city during months of demonstrations last year, per the AP . "It tastes...
Ice Cream Shop's Patrons
Freak Over New Virus Protocols
May 11, 2020 12:30 PM CDT
Ice Cream Shop's Patrons Freak Over New Virus Protocols
Polar Cave Ice Cream Parlour says it was one of the worst days in shop's 19 years
- A Cape Cod ice cream shop decided to reopen with coronavirus guidelines in place on Friday—and it did not go well, thanks to an ornery public. So much so that owner Mark Lawrence announced on Saturday that he would have to close Polar Cave Ice Cream Parlour in Mashpee...
He Licked the Ice Cream, Then
Bought It. But It Was Too Late
Mar 6, 2020 8:34 AM CST
He Licked the Ice Cream, Then Bought It. But It Was Too Late
D'Adrien Anderson, 24, sentenced after licking Blue Bell ice cream at Texas market
- Last summer came headline after headline about someone taking a carton of Blue Bell ice cream out of supermarket freezers, licking the ice cream contained therein, then putting the carton back on store shelves. A punishment has been handed down over one of those stunts: D'Adrien Anderson was sentenced...
Lawsuit Takes Issue With
Ben & Jerry's 'Happy Cows'
Nov 10, 2019 1:39 PM CST
Lawsuit Takes Issue With Ben & Jerry's 'Happy Cows'
Suit: Some milk comes from cows on factory-style, mass-production dairy operations
- Ben & Jerry's is facing a lawsuit accusing the ice cream maker and its parent company of false advertising by saying the milk and cream in its products come from "happy cows." In a complaint filed Oct. 29 in federal court in Burlington, Vermont, where Ben &...
Aug 23, 2019 1:40 PM CDT
Suit: Premium Dairy's Cows Surrounded by Dirt, Concrete
Class-action complaint against Tillamook creamery says most cows' life isn't as idyllic as advertised
- Visit the website of the Tillamook County Creamery Association, and you'll view photos of "pampered" cows roaming freely in verdant fields. A new lawsuit from the Animal Legal Defense Fund, however, takes issue with this idyllic imagery from the company that churns out Tillamook-brand butter, cheese, ice cream,...
Alleged Copycat Licker
Arrested, With a Twist
Jul 8, 2019 4:06 PM CDT
Alleged Copycat Licker Arrested, With a Twist
Louisiana's Lenise Martin apparently bought the container he licked, say police
- Exactly what the world—or at least the world of ice cream fans—did not want: a copycat licker . This time, the case is out of Louisiana, where police say 36-year-old Lenise Martin was filmed licking Blue Bell ice cream at a store in Belle Rose, then returning the container...
We've Nabbed the
'Blue Bell Licker'
Jul 6, 2019 8:00 AM CDT
Texas Police: We've Nabbed the 'Blue Bell Licker'
Suspect accused of licking container of ice cream in Lufkin Walmart is a juvenile, cops say
- Police have a suspect in what they say was a literally juvenile prank in Texas. A video that went viral on social media last week showed a young lady taking a container of Blue Bell ice cream out of the freezer in a Lufkin Walmart, licking the top of the...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Paramedic Tried to Save Crash Victim, Later Learned It Was Her Girl
Shooter's 'Death Note' Calls Out Walmart Workers
Man Solves 15-Year-Old Disneyland Riddle
Missing Cruise Passenger Turns Up Alive in Gulf Next Day
King's Secret Code Is Broken 500 Years Later
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.