Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Super Bowl Has Its Halftime Act
Sep 25, 2022 3:15 PM CDT
Super Bowl Has Its Halftime Act
Rihanna will headline show in Arizona
- The drama involving the selection of the headliner for the next Super Bowl's halftime show is over, but the hype is just beginning. Rihanna will take the stage Feb. 12 in Arizona, per the
. An NFL executive welcomed the singer with a statement calling her "a...
Steve Jobs' Daughter Posts
Meme Mocking New iPhone
in case you missed it
Sep 11, 2022 3:00 PM CDT
Steve Jobs' Daughter Posts Meme Mocking New iPhone
Widely-posted meme suggests iPhone 14 is identical to iPhone 13
- Steve Jobs' youngest child responded to Apple's Wednesday announcement of the new iPhone 14 with a meme mocking the latest version of the smartphone. The widely shared meme shows a man holding up a new shirt that is identical to the shirt he's already wearing, and it reads,...
Holds the Line
Sep 7, 2022 5:25 PM CDT
Apple Unveils Latest iPhones, Holds the Line on Prices
Top models can send SOS by satellite
- Apple's latest lineup of iPhones will boast better cameras, faster processors, and a longer-lasting battery at the same prices as last year's model, despite the inflationary pressure that has driven up the cost of many other everyday items. That decision, revealed Wednesday during Apple's first in-person product...
Apple Warns of
Serious Security Flaw
Aug 19, 2022 12:00 AM CDT
Apple Warns of Serious Security Flaw
Owners of iPhones, iPads, and Macs put on alert
- Apple disclosed serious security vulnerabilities for iPhones, iPads and Macs that could potentially allow attackers to take complete control of these devices, the AP reports. Apple released two security reports about the issue on Wednesday, although they didn’t receive wide attention outside of tech publications. Apple’s explanation of...
Lawsuit for $50M
Jul 20, 2022 3:19 PM CDT
Apple Settles 'Butterfly' Keyboard Lawsuit for $50M
Customers in 7 states could get up to $395
- If you bought a MacBook laptop between 2015 and 2019, Apple might owe you up to $395. The company has agreed to pay $50 million to settle legal action brought by customers in seven states over its "butterfly" keyboards, the BBC reports. The keyboards were notorious for having problems...
It's a First for Apple, but
One the Company Fought
Jun 19, 2022 6:33 AM CDT
It's a First for Apple, but One the Company Fought
Workers in Maryland vote to create a labor union
- This is one trend that Apple wanted no part of—workers at one of its retail stores in Maryland have voted to create the company's first labor union. Employees at the Towson store near Baltimore voted 65-33 on Saturday to create the Apple Coalition of Organized Retail Employees, which...
Apple Won't Like New
EU Rule on Charging Cords
Jun 8, 2022 10:30 AM CDT
Apple Won't Like New EU Rule on Charging Cords
USB-C cable will be required for devices, from phones to headphones to GPS units, from 2024
- Forget rummaging through the junk drawer. Soon, Europeans will need to reach for just one cable to charge their smartphones and other devices, the AP reports. European Union officials said they inked a provisional agreement Tuesday that will require a uniform charging cord in the 27-nation bloc. The new rules,...
Apple to Let You 'Unsend'
a Text for First Time
Jun 7, 2022 8:50 AM CDT
Apple to Let You 'Unsend' a Text for First Time
Feature, along with the ability to edit texts, will be part of iOS16 update
- Apple unveiled a series of updates on the way for various products Monday, but the ones drawing the most attention involve texting. For the first time, iPhone users will be able to edit and even "unsend" texts, reports the Verge . However, they'll have to act fast: "Users...
Apple Previews Changes
to iPhone Software
Jun 6, 2022 5:11 PM CDT
Apple Previews Changes to iPhone Software
iOS 16 will give screen a new look
- Apple on Monday provided a peek at upcoming tweaks to the software that powers more than 1 billion iPhones and rolled out two laptops that will be the first available with the next generation of a company-designed microprocessor. As usual, Apple spent most of the opening day of its annual...
Parents Sue Apple
May 18, 2022 5:10 PM CDT
Parents Sue Apple After Allegedly Damaging Amber Alert
Say the volume of it tore their then-12-year-old's eardrum
- A Texas couple is blaming their 12-year-old son's "permanent hearing loss" on Apple, and on Monday they sued. Carlos Gordoa and Ariani Reyes of San Antonio allege their now-14-year-old, identified as BG, was watching Netflix on his iPhone using his AirPods Pro in 2020 when an Amber Alert...
Most Valuable Company on the
Planet Isn't American Anymore
May 12, 2022 11:06 AM CDT
Most Valuable Company on the Planet Isn't American Anymore
Apple is replaced by Saudi Arabia's Aramco
- Two years ago, Apple passed Saudi energy giant Aramco to become the world's most valuable company. But with the ongoing rout of tech stocks, Aramco has just reclaimed the symbolic title, reports the BBC . Apple is currently valued at $2.3 trillion, and Aramco at $2.4 trillion. Don'...
Time to Say
May 10, 2022 6:16 PM CDT
Time to Say Goodbye to the iPod
Apple is discontinuing device after 21 years
- Some 21 years after Apple introduced a device that the company boasted could "put 1,000 songs in your pocket," it's time to say goodbye to the iPod. Apple announced Tuesday that the iconic device is being discontinued, though it will still be available online and at...
Mar 28, 2022 10:55 AM CDT
Tim Cook Just Dunked on Netflix, Amazon
Oscar win for his platform's 'CODA' gives him bragging rights ahead of older rivals
won the Oscar for best picture on Sunday, it handed a huge victory to Tim Cook and his Apple+ streaming platform. After all, Cook "triumphed just two and a half years after formally entering the film and TV business," writes Matthew Belloni at Puck . He trumped...
Ex-Employee Charged With
Defrauding Apple of $10M
Mar 19, 2022 3:35 PM CDT
Ex-Employee Charged With Defrauding Apple of $10M
Dhirendra Prasad worked a buyer in the supply chain
- A former Apple employee has been charged with defrauding the tech giant out of more than $10 million by taking kickbacks, stealing equipment and laundering money, federal prosecutors said. Dhirendra Prasad, 52, worked for 10 years as a buyer in Apple's Global Service Supply Chain department. A federal criminal...
New iPhone SE,
Mar 8, 2022 7:04 PM CST
Apple Announces New iPhone SE, MLB Deal
New version of budget iPhone will be faster but also more expensive
- Apple on Tuesday unveiled a new version of its budget-priced iPhone that's capable of connecting to ultrafast 5G wireless networks, an upgrade that's already been available on the company’s upscale models for more than a year. The latest iPhone SE marks the first upgrade to the bare-bones...
Pay Off for
Feb 26, 2022 3:55 PM CST
Buybacks Pay Off for Buffett, Berkshire
Apple investment is working out, too, annual letter to shareholders says
- Warren Buffett has made plenty of major acquisitions, but he told shareholders Saturday that he hasn't run across any exciting big deals lately. So he and Vice Chairman Charlie Munger have been putting Berkshire Hathaway's cash to use buying back company shares, he told shareholders in his annual...
Tim Cook's Compensation
Should Alarm Investors: Firm
Feb 17, 2022 4:16 PM CST
Tim Cook's Compensation Should Alarm Investors: Firm
He received $99M in 2021, or 1,447 times the wage of an average Apple worker
- Apple shareholders are urged to raise a stink about a $99 million pay package awarded last year to CEO Tim Cook, who's already reportedly worth more than $1 billion. In a letter to shareholders published Wednesday, proxy advisory firm Institutional Shareholder Services said there are "significant concerns" about...
Peloton Shares Surge
Amid Buyout Rumors
Feb 7, 2022 1:50 PM CST
Peloton Shares Surge Amid Buyout Rumors
Amazon, Nike are among the reported suitors
- Peloton is back in the news, but not because of another fictional heart attack . This time, it's because the company's stock is surging amid takeover rumors, reports CNBC . Shares were up more than 25% in trading Monday after multiple reports—including in the
Wall Street Journal
Believed to Be
in California, Armed
Jan 26, 2022 1:24 AM CST
Tim Cook's Alleged Stalker Believed to Be in California, Armed
Apple CEO granted restraining order against the 45-year-old Virginia woman
- Apple CEO Tim Cook has been granted a restraining order against a woman accused of stalking him—and whom Apple believes is currently somewhere in Silicon Valley, armed. The 45-year-old Virginia woman has allegedly sent Cook threatening emails including pictures of a loaded gun and threats to burn down his...
This Year's Stock Market Rise
Has a Potential Hitch
Dec 21, 2021 11:16 AM CST
This Year's Stock Market Rise Has a Potential Hitch
It hinges on 5 big stocks, which makes investors worried
- If your 401(k) has done well in 2021, a Goldman Sachs analysis points to five key reasons:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Ukrainian Diplomat Has 2-Word Response to Elon Musk Proposal
It's Been a Wild 24 Hours for Herschel Walker
Auction House Said Vase Was Ordinary. Bidders Disagreed
Supreme Court Just Got What May Be Its Weirdest Brief of the Year
Arizona Clinic Comes Up With Abortion Pill Workaround
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.