Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Off-Duty Cop Crashes Into
Home, Faces DUI Charge
Feb 8, 2021 1:23 PM CST
Off-Duty Cop Crashes Into Home, Faces DUI Charge
Philadelphia police commissioner says 'appalling' incident will be investigated
- A Philadelphia police officer is facing multiple charges after crashing his car into a home, injuring both occupants and killing one of their dogs. Police say 27-year-old Gregory Campbell was driving drunk in northeast Philadelphia around 8:20pm Saturday when he lost control of his 2014 Dodge Dart, the
Jan 10, 2021 2:05 PM CST
Police Chief 'Shocked' by This Arrest
Man racks up 18th drunk driving offense
- “I am frankly shocked.” That’s the reaction from Green Bay, Wis., police Chief Andrew Smith regarding a local man’s recent drunk driving arrest. The reason for his shock: It was Wallace Carl Bowers' 18
operating while intoxicated offense, police say. Police were responding to reports of...
Charges Filed in
Horrific Nevada Crash
Dec 17, 2020 6:20 AM CST
Charges Filed in Horrific Nevada Crash
Driver who allegedly killed 5 cyclists charged with DUI
- Charges have been filed in the devastating Nevada crash that left five cyclists dead last week. Jordan Barson was charged Tuesday with five counts of DUI resulting in death, six counts of reckless driving resulting in death or substantial bodily harm, and one count of DUI resulting in substantial bodily...
Mayor Falls Asleep in
Drive-Thru, Crashes Cadillac
Dec 3, 2020 8:45 AM CST
Mayor Falls Asleep in Drive-Thru, Crashes Cadillac
Kentucky mayor failed field sobriety test
- A Kentucky mayor crashed her silver Cadillac into a utility pole after falling asleep in the drive-thru line at a White Castle, police say. Beverly Chester-Burton, mayor of the Louisville suburb Shively, was charged with driving under the influence after the incident Tuesday night, the
reports. Police say...
Trooper in Elite DUI Unit
Had Secret to His Success
Aug 6, 2020 8:42 AM CDT
Trooper in Elite DUI Unit Had Secret to His Success
Maryland's John Sollon wrote tickets to drivers who didn't exist
- Maryland State Trooper John Sollon belonged to an elite DUI unit, and his stats showed why. In 2019 alone, he logged a record 50-plus arrests, reports the
. But now Sollon's secret to success is out, and it's one that nearly landed him in prison. The 36-year-old...
You Do Not Want to Drive
Into This Kind of Pond
May 26, 2020 6:21 AM CDT
You Do Not Want to Drive Into This Kind of Pond
Cops: Drunken driver spent 2 hours in manure pond
- A Facebook post by the California Highway Patrol in South Sacramento uses no fewer than four poop emojis in telling this story, for good reason. It seems that in the wee hours of Monday morning, a driver called police to say he'd crashed into a pond on a dairy...
Driver Rams 4 Teens in Horrible
Case of Mistaken Identity: Cops
Mar 4, 2020 6:30 PM CST
Driver Rams 4 Teens in Horrible Case of Mistaken Identity: Cops
Police say 18-year-old thought group put poop in his car, ran them down
- Two teenagers were seriously injured when a driver enraged by damage done to his car during a "prank" struck an innocent group of pedestrians he wrongly believed were responsible, police in Northern California said. Two other teenagers had moderate injuries after the attack Saturday, the AP reports. The 18-year-old...
Cops After UPS Worker
Nabbed: 'We Avoided a Tragedy'
Mar 3, 2020 10:15 AM CST
Cops After UPS Worker Nabbed: 'We Avoided a Tragedy'
Thomas Andrews had allegedly threatened a mass shooting in Sunnyvale, Calif.
- A California UPS worker said he planned to shoot up a company facility before he was arrested and found to have numerous guns and more than 20,000 rounds of ammunition, authorities say. "I definitely think we avoided a tragedy," says Dan Pistor, the police captain in Sunnyvale,...
Cops: It Wasn't
Smell of Booze
That Gave Drunk
Feb 15, 2020 11:00 AM CST
Cops: It Wasn't Smell of Booze That Gave Drunk Driver Away
Police in Germany say they found man suspected of DUI thanks to 'cloud of perfume'
- He just didn't smell right. German police say they nabbed a drunk driver who tried to flee a traffic stop after finding him hiding behind a hedge "in a cloud of perfume," per the AP . Police in the southwestern town of Speyer said Saturday that officers saw...
Cop Found Drunk Behind
the Wheel Can't Be Prosecuted
Feb 7, 2020 12:15 PM CST
Cop Found Drunk Behind the Wheel Can't Be Prosecuted
Colorado District Attorney George Brauchler is displeased
- "He's a little intoxicated," said a lieutenant of a Colorado man found passed out behind the wheel. Except that man was a police officer—and Colorado District Attorney George Brauchler is pretty peeved that he can't prosecute him. That's because an investigation was never opened...
Took a Turn
Jan 24, 2020 8:00 AM CST
Tom Sizemore's Traffic Stop Took a Turn
Actor busted for DUI, drug possession in California
- The past few years have been headline makers for Tom Sizemore, but not in a good way. That streak continued this week, when the 58-year-old actor was arrested for DUI and drug possession, law enforcement sources tell TMZ . Sizemore was reportedly cruising around Glendale, Calif., at about 2:30am Thursday...
Pol's Alleged Words
After Arrest: 'You Know
How Women Drive'
Jan 9, 2020 7:33 AM CST
Pol's Alleged Words After Arrest: 'You Know How Women Drive'
Tow truck driver says lawmaker Brian Kolb tried to blame crash on wife
- A New York state lawmaker arrested after a New Year's Eve car accident and accused of driving while intoxicated tried to pin the blame on his wife, according to the tow truck driver who came to assist. The AAA driver, who the
New York Post
notes didn't ID...
Lawmaker Tweets About DUI,
Is Arrested Days Later
Jan 2, 2020 12:23 PM CST
Lawmaker Tweets About DUI, Is Arrested Days Later
Brian Kolb allegedly drove while intoxicated on his way home New Year's Eve
- On Dec. 24, New York Assemblyman Brian Kolb published an op-ed about the dangers of driving drunk. On Dec. 26, he tweeted, "There is no excuse for driving impaired this holiday season." That tweet has since been deleted, perhaps not surprisingly, because on Dec. 31, Kolb was arrested...
Country Star Busted for
Alleged Drunk Driving
Nov 21, 2019 1:40 PM CST
Country Star Busted for Alleged Drunk Driving
Sam Hunt charged with DUI in East Nashville
- Last month, Sam Hunt was performing a Reba McEntire hit at CMT's Artists of the Year awards show. This month, the country music star known for such songs as "Body Like a Back Road" is charged with a DUI,
reports. Hunt, 34, was allegedly driving his truck...
Family of 3
Nov 5, 2019 7:27 AM CST
Trick-or-Treat Stroll Turns Deadly for Family of 3
Southern California community mourns tragic deaths of mom, dad, and 3-year-old in alleged DUI
- A Halloween accident has left a family of three dead and a 20-year-old California man accused of driving drunk and killing them. CBS Los Angeles reports that Joseph Awaida, 30, his 32-year-old wife, Raihan Dakhil, and their 3-year-old son, Omar, were walking home from an aunt's house while trick-or-treating...
Is Arrested in Oregon
Oct 22, 2019 3:34 PM CDT
Fame Is Arrested in Oregon
Police say Henry Thomas has been charged with DUI
- Cue the "ET, make your one phone call home" jokes. TMZ reports Henry Thomas, the actor best know for playing Elliott in
was arrested for alleged DUI Monday night in Oregon. The site reports officers responded to an 8:30pm 911 call about a driver stopped in the...
Driver Who Livestreamed Crash
Arrested While on Parole
Oct 17, 2019 6:25 PM CDT
Driver Who Livestreamed Crash Arrested While on Parole
Obdulia Sanchez ran her car off the road during police chase
- The California woman who livestreamed a DUI crash that killed her sister in 2017 has been arrested again, police said, after driving her car off the road during a high-speed chase. Stockton police said officers were trying to stop Obdulia Sanchez for a vehicle code violation early Thursday when she...
Woman Who Livestreamed
Fatal Crash Is Out on Parole
Sep 30, 2019 12:25 AM CDT
Woman Who Livestreamed Fatal Crash Is Out on Parole
Obdulia Sanchez served 26 months in prison
- A California woman convicted of driving drunk while livestreaming the crash that killed her younger sister has been released on parole after serving 26 months in prison, reports the AP . Obdulia Sanchez was convicted of gross vehicular manslaughter, DUI, and child endangerment. She was sentenced to six years and four...
'Thoroughbred White Girl'
Gets Sweet Deal in Court
Sep 22, 2019 1:20 PM CDT
'Thoroughbred White Girl' Gets Sweet Deal in Court
Lauren Cutshaw, 34, avoids jail in DUI charge
- A North Carolina woman who called herself a "very clean, thoroughbred, white girl" during a DUI arrest has gotten what she asked for—no jail time, Metro reports. Turns out Lauren Cutshaw, 34, pleaded guilty last month to misdemeanor DUI in what Inside Edition calls "a sweet deal....
Cops: Girl Filmed Mom Driving
Drunk. Mom Calls Girl 'Heroic'
Sep 11, 2019 10:25 AM CDT
Cops: Girl Filmed Mom Driving Drunk. Mom Calls Girl 'Heroic'
Stephanie Davis, 31, was arrested Saturday in Glendale, Arizona
- An Arizona mom who allegedly drove home from the movies drunk with three kids in the car didn't just have the police to contend with. The
reports Stephanie Davis, 31, was arrested shortly after 4pm on Saturday after cops who arrived on the scene in Glendale say...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Tagovailoa Speaks on His Latest Hard Hit
Trump Reacts to NYT Reporter's New Book: She's a 'Creep'
Democrat Wants New Leaders After Stock Ban Stalls
Woman's Mysterious Death Was 'Deliberate and Personal'
Couple Didn't Get the Memo on Over-the-Top Gender Reveals
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.