Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Parole Ends Early
Dec 14, 2021 7:14 PM CST
OJ Simpson's Parole Ends Early
He's now a 'completely free man'
- OJ Simpson is a free man. The 74-year-old former football star, acquitted California murder defendant, and convicted Las Vegas armed robber was granted good behavior credits and discharged from parole effective Dec. 1, Nevada State Police spokeswoman Kim Yoko Smith said Tuesday. "Mr. Simpson is a completely free man...
Kim Kardashian's OJ Jokes
Didn't Land With One Person
Oct 12, 2021 8:37 AM CDT
Kim Kardashian's OJ Jokes Didn't Land With One Person
Sister of Nicole Brown Simpson didn't appreciate Kardashian's OJ humor on 'SNL'
- Kim Kardashian didn't hold back on the jokes over the weekend during her
Saturday Night Live
hosting gig, but one set of barbs has the family of Nicole Brown Simpson lashing out. In Kardashian's opening monologue , the 40-year-old TV personality mentioned her late father, Robert Kardashian, who'd...
OJ Simpson Slams
LeBron James' Tweet
Apr 23, 2021 12:02 AM CDT
OJ Simpson Slams LeBron James' Tweet
NBA star had posted controversial message about Ohio cop who killed Ma’Khia Bryant
- OJ Simpson apparently backs the blue, at least in this case. The convicted felon, former NFL star, and one-time suspected murderer on Thursday tweeted a video in which he took issue with LeBron James after the NBA star's controversial comments on the Ohio police officer who fatally shot Ma’...
Ford Picks Odd Day
to Release Its New Bronco
Jun 16, 2020 10:00 AM CDT
Ford Picks Odd Day to Release Its New Bronco
'Purely coincidental' that SUV's debut will be on July 9, OJ Simpson's birthday
- Either the Ford Motor Company has a twisted sense of humor or it failed to realize it would be unveiling its new Bronco on OJ Simpson's birthday. The Bronco—heading back into production for the first time since 1996—is almost synonymous with the former football star and murder...
OJ Joins Twitter,
Jun 15, 2019 7:00 AM CDT
OJ Joins Twitter, Talks About 'Getting Even'
A parody account causes even more controversy
- Just before Friday turned into Saturday, Twitter gained a new account. It appears OJ Simpson can now be counted among those who tweet, and his very first (and so far only) post has already raised eyebrows. Simpson posted a short video announcing his entry online, and it included what Inquisitr...
25 Years After Murders,
OJ Likes His Vegas Life
Jun 10, 2019 8:19 AM CDT
25 Years After Murders, OJ Likes His Vegas Life
He's keeping a relatively low profile in new home city
- After 25 years living under the shadow of one of the nation's most notorious murder cases, OJ Simpson says his life has entered a phase he calls the "no negative zone." In a telephone Interview, Simpson tells the AP he is healthy and happy living in Las...
OJ Won't Take the Bait in
Sacha Baron Cohen Interview
Aug 27, 2018 5:44 AM CDT
OJ Won't Take the Bait in Sacha Baron Cohen Interview
Comedian tries to get a confession, ends up with only a high-five
- The last guest on Sacha Baron Cohen's last show of the season for
Who Is America?
is a doozy: OJ Simpson. In the interview, the comedian poses as an Italian TV host named Gio Monaldo who keeps making references to the murder of Nicole Brown Simpson, notes Entertainment Weekly...
Panel Thinks OJ's Friend
'Charlie' Isn't Real
Mar 12, 2018 11:20 AM CDT
Panel Thinks OJ's Friend 'Charlie' Isn't Real
In hypothetical description of killings, Simpson says a friend handed him the knife
- Fox aired its controversial
OJ Simpson: The Lost Confession
special Sunday night, featuring clips from an interview he gave back in 2006 to Judith Regan about how the murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman
have happened. The interview never aired back then, in part because of public...
In Old Interview, OJ Talks
of Hypothetical Accomplice
Mar 2, 2018 6:15 AM CST
In Old Interview, OJ Talks of Hypothetical Accomplice
Fox to air controversial 'if I did it' piece that was shelved 12 years ago
- A controversial interview in which OJ Simpson talks hypothetically about how he might have murdered Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman will finally air. Fox will run
OJ Simpson: The Lost Confession?
in a two-hour special at 8pm March 11, reports the
San Jose Mercury News
. Simpson actually gave the...
OJ Simpson May Sue
Vegas Casino for $100M
Jan 6, 2018 9:00 AM CST
OJ Simpson May Sue Vegas Casino for $100M
Lawyer claims 'malice and racial prejudice' were at play at Cosmopolitan
- Remember that story about how an allegedly "belligerent" OJ Simpson was thrown out of and banned from a Las Vegas hotel-casino in November? Yeah, well, so does his lawyer.
reports Malcolm LaVergne has vowed to file a $100 million (or more) lawsuit against the Cosmopolitan unless it...
Life After Prison
Isn't What It
Dec 1, 2017 6:37 PM CST
OJ Simpson's Life After Prison Isn't What It Appears
'Right now, he is out trying to make some new friends, because he needs things'
- "He’s a senior citizen, he is enjoying his life, and he’s just breathing, learning to exhale after being in jail for a decade," attorney Malcolm LaVergne says of his client. But others say OJ Simpson, released from prison Oct. 1 after nearly nine years, is...
'Belligerent' OJ Simpson
Thrown Out of Vegas Hotel
Nov 10, 2017 6:48 AM CST
'Belligerent' OJ Simpson Thrown Out of Vegas Hotel
He's not welcome back at the Cosmopolitan
- OJ Simpson has been out of prison for more than a month, and he's not exactly being a model parolee, according to TMZ . Sources tell the website that Simpson was chucked out of the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Las Vegas for being drunk and belligerent. According to TMZ's sources,...
Where OJ Simpson
Lives, 'Works' Now
Oct 5, 2017 11:50 AM CDT
Where OJ Simpson Lives, 'Works' Now
He's living in a Vegas mansion, signing autographs: TMZ
- OJ Simpson's new digs are a big upgrade from a prison cell. TMZ reports he's currently living in a 5,000-square-foot Las Vegas mansion, inside a gated community and next to a golf course. The five-bedroom, 5.5-bath home includes its own private putting green as well, plus...
How OJ Simpson Gave
Everyone the Slip
Oct 2, 2017 7:19 AM CDT
How OJ Simpson Gave Everyone the Slip
Authorities crafted a trick play to spring Simpson
- How did OJ Simpson slip out of a Nevada prison unseen in the dead of night? Fearing another Ford Bronco-style chase, Nevada corrections officials hoodwinked media eagerly awaiting the disgraced football great's release, the
Los Angeles Times
reports. Simpson, 70, wasn't transferred to the usual prison preceding parole,...
Is a Free Man
Oct 1, 2017 5:34 AM CDT
OJ Simpson Is a Free Man
70-year-old released after 9-year stint in prison for armed robbery
- Former football legend OJ Simpson became a free man again Sunday after serving nine years for a botched hotel-room heist in Las Vegas that brought the prison time he avoided in the killings of his ex-wife and her friend after his 1995 acquittal in the "trial of the century....
Not OK With OJ's
Sep 30, 2017 6:00 AM CDT
Florida Attorney General Not OK With OJ's Post-Prison Plan
Simpson's lawyer says he'll be heading to the sunshine state
- OJ Simpson will live in Florida after he is released on parole from a Nevada prison where he has been held for the past nine years for a robbery conviction, his lawyer said Friday. Attorney Malcolm LaVergne didn't specify where the former sports and movie star would live, although...
Sep 29, 2017 6:15 PM CDT
After Prison, OJ Simpson Wants Seafood Steak, iPhone
Attorney says Simpson has missed the 'simple pleasures'
- OJ Simpson has big plans when he's released from prison after nine years—which could happen as early as Monday . "He wants to eat seafood; he wants to eat steak," attorney Malcolm LaVergne tells ABC News . "He wants to enjoy the very simple pleasures that he...
OJ Simpson Could Be
Out of Prison on Monday
Sep 28, 2017 7:27 AM CDT
OJ Simpson Could Be Out of Prison on Monday
Officials in Nevada preparing his release
- OJ Simpson could be released on parole as soon as Monday in Las Vegas under a plan being finalized by Nevada officials, per the AP . The process culminating in freedom for the former football player, actor, and TV pitchman is in motion, but must be approved and documents must be...
Aug 12, 2017 7:00 AM CDT
Parole Board Got Something Very Wrong About OJ
New York Times reports they were unaware of his 1989 battery conviction
- OJ Simpson will be a free man in October thanks to the decision of a Nevada parole board . But the
New York Times
reports on a jarring oversight that perhaps could have changed board members' thinking. During the hearing, members stated that Simpson had no criminal convictions. Not true. He...
Simpson in Protective
Custody After Parole Hearing
Jul 22, 2017 8:30 AM CDT
Simpson in Protective Custody After Parole Hearing
The former athlete was moved to a single cell away from other prisoners
- Though his parole isn’t scheduled to start until this fall, OJ Simpson has already moved—to a new prison cell. Prison officials at Lovelock Correctional Facility in Nevada said Friday that the former NFL player was moved to a single cell away from the general prison population ahead of...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Oxford Dictionary Picks Its Word of the Year
What We Know About the Power Station Sabotage in NC
Jury Hears Suspect Describe Killing 4 Sex Workers
For Flyers in Europe, No More 'Airplane Mode'
82-Year-Old Arrested Over Her Unpaid $77 Trash Bill
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.