Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Jun 15, 2020 8:31 AM CDT
Trump's Niece Plans a Tell-All
Mary Trump is coming out with a book
- John Bolton isn't the only notable figure coming out with a tell-all about President Trump. The Daily Beast reports that his niece, Mary Trump, plans to release an unflattering book about her uncle in August. The 55-year-old is the daughter of Fred Trump Jr., an older brother of the...
Bolton: Trump Did Bad Things
to Help Reelection Chances
Jun 12, 2020 5:00 PM CDT
Bolton: Trump Did Bad Things to Help Reelection Chances
Former national security adviser had refused to testify against Trump in impeachment inquiry
- John Bolton makes serious accusations in his new book, including charges that President Trump did things to help him be reelected that could have been impeachable. But some Democrats don't want to hear it, Politico reports. "John, we begged you to testify in impeachment," said Norm Eisen,...
Report: Bolton Plans to Publish
With or Without WH Approval
Jun 8, 2020 3:24 PM CDT
Report: Bolton Plans to Publish With or Without WH Approval
Tell-all memoir has been held up by White House for months
- Former national security adviser John Bolton has apparently grown weary of waiting for the White House to approve his tell-all book about his time in the White House. Sources tell the
that Bolton plans to publish
The Room Where It Happened
on June 23 whether the White House...
2 Months Due to
Mar 3, 2020 3:33 PM CST
Bolton's Book Pushed Back 2 Months Due to White House Review
Publisher pushes back release date from March 17 to May 12
- The publisher of John Bolton’s highly anticipated memoir has pushed back the release date from March 17 to mid-May, the AP reports. Simon & Schuster cited the ongoing White House security review of the former national security adviser’s
The Room Where It Happened
. The new date is May...
Gives Him a
Feb 20, 2020 9:35 AM CST
A Bolton Predecessor Gives Him a Hard Time
Ex-national security advisers face off
- Two former national security advisers faced off at a Vanderbilt University event Wednesday, with the Obama administration's Susan Rice taking former Trump staffer John Bolton to task for not testifying in the impeachment process against President Trump. NBC News reports that Bolton scoffed at the idea his testimony regarding...
John Bolton on New Book:
'You'll Love Chapter 14'
Feb 18, 2020 2:38 AM CST
John Bolton on New Book: 'You'll Love Chapter 14'
Former national security adviser says he's worried about book being 'suppressed' by White House
- John Bolton said he was willing to testify about President Trump's dealings with Ukraine during the Senate impeachment trial—but Republican senators decided not to call witnesses . The former national security adviser says he now hopes the White House won't censor the account he gives in forthcoming memoir...
McConnell: We Don't Yet Have
the Votes to Block Witnesses
Jan 28, 2020 5:41 PM CST
McConnell: We Don't Yet Have the Votes to Block Witnesses
Trump team wraps up its impeachment arguments
- The arguments in President Trump's impeachment trial are over, even as the debate on whether John Bolton should be called as a witness rages on. Trump's defense team wrapped up its three days of arguments Tuesday; next up, senators will be allowed to ask the House managers and...
Jan 28, 2020 9:01 AM CST
Barr Denies Latest Bolton Accusation
NYT : Memoir alleges both men were concerned about Trump's dealings with autocratic leaders
New York Times
is out with more leaked details from John Bolton's upcoming memoir , and the latest involve his concerns about President Trump's dealings with the leaders of China and Turkey. What's more, Bolton alleges that Attorney General William Barr seemed to share those concerns. Bolton...
Trump Lawyers Target
Jan 28, 2020 8:07 AM CST
Trump Lawyers Target Obama, Biden
They argue that the Obama administration was the one that abused power
- Much of the second day of President Trump's impeachment defense focused not on the president's actions, but on the previous administration. In what Politico calls "an alternate-reality impeachment of his political rivals," Trump lawyers Pam Bondi and Eric Herschmann argued that former President Obama and Joe...
Likely' We'll Call Witnesses
Jan 27, 2020 11:33 AM CST
Romney: 'Increasingly Likely' We'll Call Witnesses
Comments come after new John Bolton revelations
- Democrats say new allegations from John Bolton make it essential that witnesses be called to testify in the Senate impeachment trial that resumes Monday. The big question: Will four Republicans—the magic number needed to make it happen—agree? That remains unclear, but the GOP's Mitt Romney suggests the...
'Explosive' Claims From
New Bolton Book Leaked
Jan 27, 2020 6:37 AM CST
'Explosive' Claims From New Bolton Book Leaked
He says Trump told him Ukraine military aid was linked to investigation of Bidens
- Excerpts from a new book by former national security adviser John Bolton have been leaked—and they may undercut President Trump's defense in his impeachment trial. In
The Room Where It Happened,
Bolton says Trump told him in August that he wanted to freeze military aid to Ukraine until...
Jan 10, 2020 4:00 PM CST
Trump Backtracks on Letting Bolton Testify
'I think you have to' call on executive privilege, president says
- John Bolton, who was President Trump's national security adviser, has said he's willing to testify in the Senate's upcoming impeachment trial. On Thursday, Trump indicated that he wouldn't object, saying, "I don’t stop it." But asked Friday if he'd use executive privilege...
Will Bolton Testify? 3 Key
Senators Are Noncommittal
Jan 7, 2020 10:45 AM CST
Will Bolton Testify? 3 Key Senators Are Noncommittal
Moderates including Mitt Romney not saying whether they'd join vote to subpoena him
- John Bolton shook up the in-limbo impeachment process Monday by saying he would testify in a Senate trial if subpoenaed. A day later, we have little clarity on whether that will actually happen. By the math at Politico , Democrats would need four moderate Republicans to join them in voting for...
John Bolton Adds a Wrinkle
to Senate Impeachment Trial
Jan 6, 2020 12:16 PM CST
John Bolton Adds a Wrinkle to Senate Impeachment Trial
Former top Trump aide says he will testify if subpoenaed
- A surprise development in the Senate's coming impeachment trial: John Bolton says he will testify if asked. The big question, though, is whether Mitch McConnell, who has previously rejected the idea of calling new witnesses, will ask him to do so. Bolton left his post as President Trump's...
'Isn't Going to End'
Nov 25, 2019 7:26 AM CST
Schiff: Investigation 'Isn't Going to End'
But the evidence is already 'overwhelming'
- The House Intelligence Committee may turn over the impeachment process to the House Judiciary Committee soon—but Rep. Adam Schiff says the investigation of President Trump isn't over. The Intelligence committee chairman told CNN on Sunday that the panel is going to move forward with compiling its report, although...
Strange Things Happening
With John Bolton, Twitter
Nov 22, 2019 1:59 PM CST
Strange Things Happening With John Bolton, Twitter
He's tweeting again, after accusing the White House of blocking access to his own account
- John Bolton has been awfully quiet on social media since he left his White House position as national security adviser, and on Friday he explained why in cryptic tweets. "We have now liberated the Twitter account, previously suppressed unfairly in the aftermath of my resignation," he wrote . Liberated...
Big Name in
a Book Deal
Nov 9, 2019 2:34 PM CST
Big Name in Impeachment Inquiry Has a Book Deal
Sources say John Bolton got a $2M deal
- Former national security adviser John Bolton has a book deal, the AP has learned. The hawkish Bolton departed in September because of numerous foreign policy disagreements with President Trump. He reached a deal over the past few weeks with Simon & Schuster, according to three publishing officials with knowledge of...
Nov 7, 2019 2:00 PM CST
Bolton a No-Show at Impeachment Hearing
Former national security adviser may be waiting for court to weigh in
- John Bolton was a no-show for his requested appearance before the House impeachment panel Thursday, but sources tell the
that if a court clears the way for him to appear, the former national security adviser is willing to defy the White House's order that he not do...
Probe to John
Bolton: You're Up
Oct 30, 2019 6:00 PM CDT
Impeachment Probe to John Bolton: You're Up
The former Trump adviser is invited to testify
- Calling John Bolton: You're wanted in the House impeachment probe. Yes, the AP reports that Democratic House investigators have asked the former national security adviser to testify next Thursday. Bolton would be the heaviest hitter in the inquiry so far if he does. He's also a key player...
A Key Impeachment
Witness Is a No-Show
Oct 28, 2019 11:39 AM CDT
A Key Impeachment Witness Is a No-Show
Charles Kupperman's refusal to testify is sign of Trump obstruction, says Adam Schiff
- The name Charles Kupperman was a big one on Capitol Hill Monday morning, more so for what he
do than what he did. Kupperman failed to show up for his deposition in the Trump impeachment investigation, and now he's flirting with being held in contempt of Congress,...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
MSU Head Coach Fired for 'Moral Turpitude'
Arrest Made in Murder of Young Baltimore Tech CEO
Winners, Losers From the GOP Debate
When a Bear Came, Mom Knew What to Do
A Find Like This Comes 'Once in a Generation'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.