Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
After Hearing, Alleged Killer
of CEO Asks to Order Pizza
Jul 1, 2022 6:25 AM CDT
After Hearing, Alleged Killer of CEO Asks to Order Pizza
Joshua Danehower 'wanted to reconnect' with wife of Gret Glyer, documents state
- A motive may have been established in the shocking murder of a nonprofit CEO at his Virginia home. According to court documents seen by Fox , the man accused of killing Gret Glyer is Glyer's wife's ex-boyfriend and had been seeking to reconnect with her. Court documents state that...
Cops: FedEx Worker Killed
Nonprofit Founder as He Slept
Jun 29, 2022 6:10 PM CDT
Cops: FedEx Worker Killed Nonprofit Founder as He Slept
Joshua Danehower arrested in murder of Gret Glyer
- Police in Virginia are trying to determine the connection between the founder of a charity fundraising website and the FedEx worker accused of murdering him as he slept. The Fairfax County Police Department says Gret Glyer, 32, was shot in his bed at around 3am on June 24, Fox reports....
After Fatally Forgetting
His Son in Car, Dad Kills Self
Jun 29, 2022 12:47 AM CDT
After Fatally Forgetting His Son in Car, Dad Kills Self
18-month-old was never dropped off at his Virginia daycare
- Police say a father in Chesterfield County, Va., took his own life shortly after realizing he'd left his 18-month-old son in his car Tuesday and the child died. At some point in the morning, the man realized he'd left the boy in the car and brought him inside...
Abortion Remarks Under Fire
Jun 28, 2022 7:56 AM CDT
Congressional Candidate's Abortion Remarks Under Fire
Virginia Republican Yesli Vega suggests pregnancy isn't as likely after rape
- It hasn't taken long for the question of abortion to surface as a point of controversy in at least one congressional race. Axios has produced audio of Republican candidate Yesli Vega in Virginia suggesting it's plausible that pregnancy isn't as likely after rape. Vega faces Democratic incumbent...
Missing at Sea for 11 Days,
Va. Couple Emerges
Jun 25, 2022 11:30 AM CDT
Missing at Sea for 11 Days, Va. Couple Emerges
Yanni Nikopoulos, Dale Jones OK after boat hit stormy weather in Atlantic, knocking out radio
- On June 8, Yanni Nikopoulos and Dale Jones set sail from a marina in Hampton, Va., bound for the Azores archipelago in Portugal, then Greece. Five days later, one of Jones' daughters heard from them, and the news wasn't good: They were caught in stormy weather conditions in the...
Test of Trump's
Jun 21, 2022 7:43 AM CDT
In Alabama, an Unusual Test of Trump's Influence
Former president initially endorsed Mo Brooks in Senate race, then unendorsed him
- A handful of states are holding contests Tuesday at the midpoint of a primary season that has been shaped by former President Trump's effort to influence the GOP, per the AP . Nowhere is that more in evidence than in Alabama, where GOP Rep. Mo Brooks and fellow Republican Katie...
Sitting Near Cliff's Edge,
He 'Spontaneously Slumped'
Jun 7, 2022 10:05 AM CDT
Sitting Near Cliff's Edge, He 'Spontaneously Slumped'
Paul Classen of the Netherlands dies after falling 50 feet near Virginia's McAfee Knob
- A Dutch hiker attempting to conquer a portion of the Appalachian Trail has died after falling from a cliff in Virginia. Paul "Grandmaster" Classen, 23, who was known to carry a chess set with him, fell 50 feet from a cliff just north of the iconic 3,200-foot-tall McAfee...
13 Shot at Graduation Parties
in Virginia and Texas, 1 Fatally
Jun 4, 2022 4:35 PM CDT
13 Shot at Graduation Parties in Virginia and Texas, 1 Fatally
Gunfire kills 20-year-old after fights break out
- More than a dozen people were shot, one fatally, at graduation parties in Virginia and Texas on Friday night. Gunfire erupted during a gathering in central Virginia, about 15 miles south of Richmond, police said Saturday, killing a 20-year-old man and wounding seven other young people. Two separate fights among...
2 Missing After
River Float Goes Awry
May 31, 2022 12:06 PM CDT
2 Missing After River Float Goes Awry
Women were part of a group whisked over 12-foot dam in Virginia
- Crews are searching for two missing women, part of a group of floaters who were whisked over a 12-foot dam in Virginia on Memorial Day. A dozen people on rafts and paddleboards took to the James River from Watkins Landing in Powhatan, intending to reach shore at Robious Landing in...
Millennials, You May Want
to Head to This State
May 25, 2022 5:20 PM CDT
Millennials, You May Want to Head to This State
Washington ranks first in WalletHub's rankings for most appealing places for the 26-41 set
- Whether you call them Generation Y or millennials, the group wedged between Generation X and Generation Z—ie, those born between 1981 and 1996 —has its own particular wants and needs when looking for a place to settle down. WalletHub wanted to figure out the most appealing states for...
Virginia Republicans Take
Barnes & Noble to Court
May 22, 2022 3:00 PM CDT
Virginia Republicans Take Barnes & Noble to Court
Judge finds probable cause that 2 books are obscene, may bar sale to minors
- A judge in Virginia is considering whether to issue a restraining order against Barnes & Noble, after saying there's probable cause that two books it sells are obscene. The request for a restraining order accompanies a lawsuit filed by two Republicans, state Del. Timothy Anderson and congressional candidate Tommy...
Man Buys Old Virginia Home,
Makes 'Heart-Wrenching' Find
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
May 21, 2022 5:00 PM CDT
Man Buys Old Virginia Home, Makes 'Heart-Wrenching' Find
Frederick Miller discovered that his ancestors had been enslaved there in Virginia
- A California resident who bought an old home in southern Virginia looked into its history and discovered that it was a property his ancestors would have been all too familiar with. Fredrick Miller found out the home he bought on a 10 1/2-acre property in Pittsylvania County was once on...
After Girl, 7, Mauled to Death by
Dog, 4 Family Members Charged
May 17, 2022 7:37 AM CDT
After Girl, 7, Mauled to Death by Dog, 4 Family Members Charged
Olivia Floyd died after Rottweiler attacked her in Va.; grandparents charged with murder
- A family tragedy around the horrific death of a 7-year-old Virginia girl has been compounded by the arrests of her grandparents and parents. Earlier this year, WHSV reported on a dog attack in Augusta County, Va., in which Olivia Grace Floyd was killed. Police who arrived at a Waynesboro residence...
to Move HQ
May 5, 2022 2:55 PM CDT
Boeing Plans to Move HQ to Virginia
Office will be near the Pentagon, a major customer
- Boeing Co., a leading defense contractor and one of the world's two dominant manufacturers of airline planes, is expected to move its headquarters from Chicago to the Washington, DC, area, according to two people familiar with the matter. The decision could be announced as soon as Thursday, according to...
OK for Climbable
Apr 23, 2022 5:45 PM CDT
Amazon Receives OK for Climbable Office Tower
Building across river from DC will rival Washington Monument on area's skyline
: Amazon won local approval Saturday to build a helix-shaped tower to anchor its second headquarters in Virginia, across the Potomac River from Washington, DC. The vote by the Arlington County Board was unanimous, the AP reports. Board Chair Katie Cristol had said officials sought feedback from residents and worked...
Neighbor's Warning Sign:
'Do Not Buy That House'
Apr 17, 2022 7:01 AM CDT
Neighbor's Warning Sign: 'Do Not Buy That House'
Norfolk resident says shoddy work in his own home doesn't bode well
- Another unusual tale from the world of Virginia real estate. Earlier this week came the story of the Fairfax home that sold, as is, with two reported squatters in the basement. Now, WAVY reports on another house for sale, this one in Norfolk. The odd thing in this case is...
For Anteater in Tennessee
Zoo, a Big Rabies First
Apr 15, 2022 12:13 PM CDT
For Anteater in Tennessee Zoo, a Big Rabies First
Rabies has never been seen in this species before; anteater may have brought it from Va. to Tenn.
- A rabies variant not usually seen in Tennessee apparently found its way there via Virginia, and a captive anteater is getting the blame. A CDC report published Friday cites the case of a particular southern tamandua, aka lesser anteater (even fancier name:
), that may have exposed more than...
Big Names May Show at Depp's
Defamation Trial Against Ex
Apr 11, 2022 7:34 AM CDT
Big Names May Show at Depp's Defamation Trial Against Ex
James Franco, Elon Musk among potential witnesses in proceedings against Amber Heard
- For Johnny Depp, it's been a "surreal" few years," and that time has been extended for him and Amber Heard as their legal battle continues. The two face off in a trial that starts Monday, this time over a defamation lawsuit brought by the 58-year-old actor against...
Newlyweds Found Dead, and
Groom's Brother Is Missing
Apr 8, 2022 7:00 AM CDT
Newlyweds Found Dead, and Groom's Brother Is Missing
Collin Rodgers was reportedly staying with his brother and sister-in-law in Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach police are on the lookout for an "endangered" man who may have been living with his newlywed brother and sister-in-law, who were found dead in their apartment on Monday. Talon Rodgers and Alisa Wash, both 23, had been shot to death, according to a Tuesday release , which...
After 350 Years, Tribe
Gets Land in Virginia Back
Apr 5, 2022 5:56 PM CDT
After 350 Years, Tribe Gets Land in Virginia Back
Donors, wildlife conservancy helped return land to the Rappahannock Tribe
- A majestic site in eastern Virginia has been returned to the Rappahannock Tribe more than 350 years after they were forced from their ancestral lands by English settlers. Some 465 acres of land was officially returned to the tribe Friday, including a stretch of Rappahannock River frontage known as Fones...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Iran, US Soccer Now Have Bad Blood Over Altered Flag
Trump Aides Struggle on White Supremacist Dinner
Merriam-Webster Chooses Its Word of the Year
DEA's Most Corrupt Agent: I Didn't Act Alone
Maine Objects to Decision by Whole Foods on Lobster
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.