Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Took 3-Year Paternity Leave
Aug 19, 2020 10:05 AM CDT
Joseph Gordon-Levitt Took 3-Year Paternity Leave
Actor focused on his kids, is back with new projects this year
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt is back, baby. And back from the babies, to be precise. The actor has been out of sight since his last movie release in 2016 as he took three years off to be a father to his two young sons, born in 2015 and 2017. "I just...
Former Racing Mogul
Becomes a Dad at 89
Jul 2, 2020 9:41 AM CDT
Former Racing Mogul Becomes a Dad at 89
Leave it to Bernie Ecclestone
- Bernie Ecclestone proved it's never too late Wednesday by becoming a dad at age 89, CNN reports. The former Formula One boss had his first son with wife Fabiana Flosi, 44, joining three daughters from Ecclestone's earlier marriages. The son's name? Ace, of course. "It was...
Dec 21, 2018 9:39 AM CST
After 'Fair Amount of Prayers,' an Andy Cohen Surprise
50-year-old reality show host is going to be a dad with the help of a surrogate
- It was
Watch What Happens Live
host Andy Cohen instead of one of his reality show guests who dished up a surprise for his audience: The 50-year-old announced on his last show of the year Thursday that he's going to be a dad for the first time, reports the...
Eddie Murphy Welcomes
His 10th Child
Dec 3, 2018 7:00 PM CST
Eddie Murphy Welcomes His 10th Child
The actor and his fiance had a baby boy
- Eddie Murphy and his fiance Paige Butcher have a new baby boy. The couple released a statement through Murphy's publicist Monday saying Max Charles Murphy was born Friday and weighed 6 pounds, 11 ounces. The boy's middle name is a tribute to Murphy's older brother and fellow...
Study Finds New Dads in
US Are Older Than Ever
Aug 30, 2017 6:30 PM CDT
Study Finds New Dads in US Are Older Than Ever
And the shift isn't without its risks
- A study published Wednesday in
finds American dads are taking after George Clooney in at least one way—and it's not having superfluous nipples on their shirts . Rather, new fathers in the US are now older than ever. CNN reports the average age of a dad in...
Bad News, Guys:
Your Biological Clock
Is Ticking, Too
Jul 3, 2017 7:59 AM CDT
Bad News, Guys: Your Biological Clock Is Ticking, Too
The chances for a successful birth diminish the older the father gets
- While scientists and doctors have long known that a woman's chances of having a child drop the older she gets, a new study suggests that a man's age can affect a couple's chances as well. According to a new study out of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center...
Here's Where Working Dads
Jun 14, 2017 12:12 PM CDT
Here's Where Working Dads Should—and Shouldn't—Live
The 10 best and worst states to be a dad while holding down a job
- Nearly 93% of American men with children under 18 also work. So what are the best states in which to hold down a job while also being a dad? WalletHub looks at 22 "key indicators"—including unemployment rates for dads, male life expectancy, child-care costs, and average workday...
Clooney Breaks Silence
on Becoming a Dad
Feb 21, 2017 10:30 AM CST
Clooney Breaks Silence on Becoming a Dad
He and Amal consider it an 'adventure'
- George Clooney has given his first public comments on the subject of his impending fatherhood . "We are really happy and really excited. It's going to be an adventure," he said during an interview on the French program
Rencontres de Cinema
. "We've sort of...
Arrested After 150mph Chase
Sep 11, 2015 3:40 PM CDT
Father-Daughter Duo Arrested After 150mph Chase
A lesson in parental bonding from Texas
- Father-daughter bonding is important. But not like this. Not like this! NBC DFW reports a 41-year-old man and his 19-year-old daughter were arrested after allegedly robbing a North Texas bank at gunpoint and leading police on a high-speed chase yesterday. Michael Bailey is suspected of robbing the bank then getting...
A Lesson on Life,
Fatherhood From Steve Jobs
Aug 8, 2015 10:00 AM CDT
A Lesson on Life, Fatherhood From Steve Jobs
Nick Bilton passes it along after the birth of his son
- The birth of his son has Nick Bilton thinking about the lessons he'd like to pass along, and he relays one in the
New York Times
courtesy of the example of Steve Jobs. It begins when Jobs had lunch with a mutual friend, and he twice sent back orange...
to Die Younger
Aug 5, 2015 10:30 AM CDT
Young Dads More Likely to Die Younger
A large study in Finland finds it's riskiest for men to have kids by age 22
- The younger men are when they become fathers, the more likely they are to die by their 40s or 50s, according to a large new study out of Finland. Researchers say they've seen this link before, but wanted to test it using brothers who share similar DNA to better...
Jul 21, 2015 8:44 AM CDT
There's Science Behind the 'Dad Bod'
First-time fathers gain between 3.3 to 4.4 pounds on average: study
- There's science behind the plump dad bod: A new study that tracked the weight of 10,000 males over 20 years from adolescence into their early 30s finds the average 6-foot tall, first-time father gains 4.4 pounds if he lives with his child after birth and about 3....
Risk Goes Up
Feb 27, 2014 1:50 AM CST
Older Dad? Mental Illness Risk Goes Up
But study shouldn't discourage older dads, experts say
- Are older dads more likely to have troubled children? A wide-ranging new study suggests yes, linking older fathers to an increased risk of a wide range of mental disorders as well as lower grades in school and a higher risk of drug problems. Children born to 45-year-old fathers were more...
New Birth Defect Risk:
Dec 15, 2013 8:19 AM CST
New Birth Defect Risk:
Father's lack of B9 jacks risk 28% in baby mice
- Seems it's not just moms-to-be who need to watch what they eat. Men who don't get enough vitamin B9 may put their children at higher risk of birth defects, a study suggests. "It’s always put on the mother that it’s her health that determines the...
Do Men Need More Rights
on 'Forced Fatherhood'?
Jun 13, 2013 7:10 PM CDT
Do Men Need More Rights on 'Forced Fatherhood'?
Two bloggers disagree on consequences of unplanned pregnancies
- With Father's Day near comes a debate about "forced fatherhood." The phrase refers to guys who get turned into fathers against their will through unplanned pregnancies, explains Laurie Shrage in the
New York Times
. Men in this situation "have few choices," she writes. It's...
Oct 17, 2012 12:25 PM CDT
World's Oldest Dad: 96-Year-Old Indian
Ramajit Raghav had first kid at age 94
- An Indian man is being called the oldest father in the world after fathering a second child at age 96—two years after having his first son, the
reports. "We had planned for another baby after my first son was born in 2010," says Ramajit Raghav. "...
If Your Dad Is
Older, You May
Jun 12, 2012 3:20 PM CDT
If Your Dad Is Older, You May Live Longer
Older men provide life-expectancy boost in baby's DNA: study
- As men get older, their DNA matures—and when that genetic material is passed on to children, it may mean a longer life for the kids, researchers find. Thus kids with older dads and grandfathers may be "genetically programmed" for higher life expectancies, the BBC reports. It all comes...
May 29, 2012 2:58 PM CDT
Where's Weiner? Playing Daddy
The former congressman still hasn't found his post-scandal gig
- For those who didn't learn the hard way last year to
wonder what Anthony Weiner does in his free time, the
New York Post
has the scoop, now that he has a lot more of it: In a nutshell, the Democrats' former rising star is changing a lot...
Guy Wants a Break on
Child Support—for 30 Kids
May 20, 2012 10:19 AM CDT
Guy Wants a Break on Child Support—for 30 Kids
Minimum wage earner gives some of his kids' moms just $1.49 per month
- Move over, Jon and Kate. Time to retire, Duggar family. Because Desmond Hatchett has you all beat—he has 30 children, courtesy of 11 different women. And as the 33-year-old Tennessee man earns just minimum wage, he's asking the courts to give him a break on his child support...
Dads the New
Apr 29, 2012 2:19 PM CDT
Are Today's Dads the New 'Second Sex'?
Gary Moskowitz notices how easily he's ignored
- One father in London is feeling rather "invisible"—especially when doctors, nurses, and babysitters start talking. "Some of them have cut me off midsentence, and they often speak directly to my wife, even though I’m standing right there," writes Gary Moskowitz in the
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
China Responds to Balloon Hit, but Its Options Are Limited
Missing Missouri Children Found in Florida Supermarket
Hashtag 'Died Suddenly' Is Up 740% in 2 Months
Nazi Hunter Saw a Change in US
Women Are Suffering Unnecessarily From Menopause
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.