Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Linked to Cantaloupe Kill 2
Nov 27, 2023 2:30 AM CST
Salmonella Infections Linked to Cantaloupe Kill 2
FDA has expanded its recall
- US health officials recalled three more brands of whole and pre-cut cantaloupes Friday as the number of people sickened by salmonella more than doubled this week, the AP reports. Nearly 100 people in 32 states have gotten sick from the contaminated fruits. Arizona, Missouri, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Ohio have the...
These 'Fun' Chicken Nuggets
May Have Metal in Them
Nov 6, 2023 1:30 AM CST
These 'Fun' Chicken Nuggets May Have Metal in Them
Tyson Foods recalls nearly 30K pounds
- Tyson Foods is recalling nearly 30,000 pounds of breaded chicken "Fun Nuggets'' after consumers complained of finding metal pieces in the dinosaur-shaped patties, the AP reports. The nuggets, sold in 29-ounce bags, were produced on Sept. 5 by the Berryville, Arkansas, company. Tyson informed the US Department...
Could Blind You
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Nov 4, 2023 4:10 PM CDT
FDA Warns: These Eyedrops Could Blind You
Affected eyedrops should no longer be used, agency warns
- US health regulators are warning consumers not to use more than two dozen varieties of over-the-counter eyedrops because of the risk of infections that could lead to blindness, the AP reports. The Food and Drug Administration advisory applies to lubricating drops sold by six companies, including CVS Health, Target, Rite...
Recalled Due to
Sep 29, 2023 2:00 AM CDT
Thousands of Cantaloupes Recalled Due to Salmonella Risk
No illnesses have been reported in connection with the recall
- Nearly 6,500 cases of whole cantaloupes sold in 19 states earlier this month are being recalled due to potential salmonella contamination. The cantaloupes, distributed by Eagle Produce and sold under the brand name Kandy Produce, all have the UPC number code 4050 and lot codes 797901,797900, or 804918,...
Another Massive Recall
for Hyundai and Kia
Sep 27, 2023 11:54 AM CDT
Another Massive Recall for Hyundai and Kia
3.4M vehicles recalled over fire risk; owners warned to park outside, away from structures
- Hyundai and Kia are recalling nearly 3.4 million vehicles in the US and again telling owners to park them outside due to the risk of engine compartment fires. As the AP reports, the recalls cover multiple car and SUV models from the 2010 through 2019 model years, including Hyundai'...
Kraft Recalls Potentially
'Unpleasant' Cheese Slices
Sep 20, 2023 7:54 AM CDT
Kraft Recalls Potentially 'Unpleasant' Cheese Slices
Company says the wrappers could pose choking hazard
- Kraft Heinz said Tuesday it's recalling more than 83,000 cases of individually-wrapped Kraft Singles American processed cheese slices because part of the wrapper could stick to the slice and become a choking hazard. The company, which is based in Chicago and Pittsburgh, said one of its wrapping machines...
Hyundai, Kia Recall 92K Cars
Aug 3, 2023 8:44 AM CDT
Hyundai, Kia Recall 92K Cars
Carmakers would like owners to park vehicles outside due to fire risk
- Hyundai and Kia are telling the owners of nearly 92,000 vehicles in the US to park them outside because an electronic controller in an oil pump can overheat and cause fires. The affiliated Korean automakers are recalling the vehicles and also are telling owners to park them away from...
Ford Recalls 870,000 F-150s
Jul 28, 2023 2:15 PM CDT
Ford Recalls 870,000 F-150s
Electric parking brake has been applying itself, automaker reports
- Ford has issued a recall of certain pickups because an electric parking brake has been known to engage on its own—sometimes while the truck is moving. The recall applies to more than 870,000 F-150 pickups from model years 2021 through 2023,
reports. The automaker said it...
Trader Joe's Cookie Recall:
Jul 25, 2023 12:04 PM CDT
Trader Joe's Cookie Recall: They're
Two products may contain rocks
- Trader Joe's is recalling two cookie products—because they may contain rocks. The recall impacts Trader Joe's Almond Windmill Cookies and Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Chunk and Almond Cookies with "sell by" dates ranging from October 17, 2023 to October 21, 2023. According to Trader Joe'...
in a Week
Jun 7, 2023 6:23 AM CDT
Ford Suffers 2nd Recall in a Week
125K Escapes, Mavericks, and Lincoln Corsairs are affected
- Less than a week after Ford told owners of some 142,000 Lincoln MKC SUVs to park them outside because of the risk of fire even when the vehicles are turned off, well, Ford owners of another flavor are in for a recall. According to a Tuesday alert from the...
Drive This Ford SUV? Ford
Wants You to Park It Outside
Jun 2, 2023 9:21 AM CDT
Drive This Ford SUV? Ford Wants You to Park It Outside
Recall cites short circuit in Lincoln MKC that can cause vehicle to catch fire, even when engine is off
- Ford is telling owners of more than 140,000 SUVs in the US to park them outside because they can catch fire even when the engines are turned off. The company is recalling certain Lincoln MKC SUVs from the 2015 to 2019 model years, per the AP . Ford says a...
More Deaths Linked
to Superbug From Eye Drops
Mar 23, 2023 1:01 PM CDT
More Deaths Linked to Superbug From Eye Drops
Users of recalled products should watch out for symptoms of Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Two more Americans infected with an antibiotic-resistant bacteria linked to eye drops have died. The CDC, which warned against using the preservative-free EzriCare Artificial Tears in January following the death of a man in Washington state, said two others had died with
infections linked to eye drops. "...
Drive a Ford? See If
You're on the Recall List
Mar 18, 2023 10:00 AM CDT
Drive a Ford? See If You're on the Recall List
Newest pullback involves 1.5M vehicles with brake hose, wiper issues
- With spring just days away, you may be thinking of taking a ride to the car wash to spiffy up those wheels for the warmer weather. If you own a Ford, you also might want to see if your vehicle is on its latest recall lists. Per NPR , the automaker...
Calico Critters Toys
Linked to 2 Deaths
Mar 10, 2023 1:38 PM CST
Calico Critters Toys Linked to 2 Deaths
Recall states bottle, pacifier accessories are choking hazards
- Two children have died from choking on accessories sold with Calico Critters toys, prompting a recall of a tiny pacifier and baby bottle sold as part of larger sets. New Jersey-based Epoch Everlasting Play, which makes the products, says it's aware of "three incidents involving the pacifier accessory,...
That Cute Minnie Outfit
You Bought May Be
Chock-Full of Lead
Dec 3, 2022 9:30 AM CST
That Cute Minnie Outfit You Bought May Be Chock-Full of Lead
Bentex recalls 87K Disney-themed clothing sets sold on Amazon, in TJ Maxx
- A manufacturer of children's apparel has issued a recall of 87,000 Disney-themed outfits due to a risk of lead poisoning. The clothing sets made by Bentex—which feature characters such as Minnie Mouse, Baby Yoda, and Winnie the Pooh—were sold on Amazon and at TJ Maxx and...
Recall: 10K Sippy Cups
Apparently Contain Lead
Nov 29, 2022 5:01 AM CST
Recall: 10K Sippy Cups Apparently Contain Lead
Green Sprouts says in the future, lead will not be used as a soldering material
- About 10,500 toddler sippy cups have been recalled due to a risk of lead poisoning. Green Sprouts says its 6-ounce Stainless Steel Sippy Cup, Sip & Straw Cup, and 8-ounce Stainless Steel Straw Bottle are affected by the recall, NPR reports. The bottom of the base can break off...
a Million Cars
Sep 22, 2022 1:29 PM CDT
Tesla Recalls a Million Cars Over Windows
They might pinch people's fingers when rolling up
- Tesla is recalling nearly 1.1 million vehicles in the US because the windows can pinch a person's fingers when being rolled up. Tesla says in documents posted Thursday by US safety regulators that the automatic window reversal system may not react correctly after detecting an obstruction, per the...
Introducing Capri Sun,
Cleaning Solution Flavor
Aug 16, 2022 8:08 AM CDT
Introducing Capri Sun, Cleaning Solution Flavor
Nearly 6K cases of Wild Cherry being recalled after possible contamination with cleaning solution
- "Respect the pouch" probably doesn't apply if what's inside the pouch is infused with cleaning solution. That's the dilemma Kraft Heinz is currently facing with its Capri Sun drink packs, and why the company has issued a voluntary recall of its fruity beverage popular with kids....
Customers Miffed at Meal
Delivery Brand Over Its Lentils
Jun 20, 2022 12:12 PM CDT
Customers Miffed at Meal Delivery Brand Over Its Lentils
Daily Harvest recalls dish said to cause gastrointestinal issues; some claim a slow response
- Daily Harvest's mission, as seen on its website , is "to make it really easy to eat more fruits + vegetables every day." But some consumers didn't find things easy at all after scarfing down one of the meal-delivery service's lentil-based dishes, and now the company...
92 Tons of Popular
May 28, 2022 6:30 AM CDT
92 Tons of Popular Topping Recalled
Smithfield issues warning on 185K pounds of ready-to-eat bacon bits
- Better check those bacon bits before you sprinkle them on your salad. WKRC reports there's a "massive" recall underway after Smithfield Packaged Meats Corp. warned its ready-to-eat topping may be contaminated with metal. Per a release from the USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service, the 5-pound packages...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Matthew Perry's Famous Stepdad Breaks His Silence
UN Has Harsh Words for Iran Over Child's Execution
Woman Dies After Falling Into Home's Hidden Well Shaft
On the Day the Rats Arrived, He Filled 18 Bags With Bodies
Cause of Death Released for Former Child Star
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.