Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Jun 3, 2021 12:16 PM CDT
Bottled Water Entrepreneurs Must Destroy Their Product
Real Water brand linked to hepatitis cases
- The owners of a bottled water company in Nevada are barred from producing any food or beverage without first notifying the FDA after one person who drank the water died. The Southern Nevada Health District has identified 16 probable cases of acute non-viral hepatitis tied to consumption of the bottled...
After Death of a Child,
Peloton Recalls Its Treadmills
May 5, 2021 10:11 AM CDT
After Death of a Child, Peloton Recalls Its Treadmills
It's a major reversal for the company
- In a major reversal after pushing against this very outcome , Peloton is recalling its treadmills after one child died and 29 other children suffered from cuts, broken bones, and other injuries from being pulled under the rear of the treadmill. The US Consumer Product Safety Commission said Wednesday that Peloton...
Regulator Issues Warning
for Peloton Treadmill
Apr 18, 2021 7:15 AM CDT
Regulator Issues Warning for Peloton Treadmill
US Consumer Product Safety Commission says dozens of children have been injured
- Safety regulators warned people with kids and pets Saturday to immediately stop using a treadmill made by Peloton after one child died and others were injured, per the AP . The US Consumer Product Safety Commission said children and at least one pet were pulled, pinned, and entrapped under the...
Peloton Fighting Demand
to Issue a Recall
Apr 17, 2021 10:07 AM CDT
Peloton Fighting Demand to Issue a Recall
CPSC is worried about treadmills after a child's death and other injuries
- Peloton is waging a behind-the-scenes fight with a federal agency to avoid issuing a safety recall of its treadmills. Or at least it was the behind-the-scenes until the
reported on it Friday. The Consumer Product Safety Commission wants the company to recall its $4,300 Peloton Tread+ after...
Kia Issues Unusual
Warning to Its Drivers
Mar 9, 2021 7:48 AM CST
Kia Issues Unusual Warning to Its Drivers
Owners of certain vehicles should park outdoors instead of in garages
- Kia is telling owners of nearly 380,000 vehicles in the US to park them outdoors instead of in garages because of the risk of an engine compartment fire. The Korean automaker is recalling certain 2017 through 2021 Sportage SUVs and 2017 through 2019 Cadenza sedans to fix the problem,...
Recall Affects 750K Pounds
of Hot Pockets
Jan 17, 2021 1:15 PM CST
Recall Affects 750K Pounds of Hot Pockets
Certain batches could contain glass or hard plastic, Nestle says
- More than 750,000 pounds of Hot Pockets are being recalled because of the possibility they contain "pieces of glass and hard plastic." The recall of the Nestle product was announced by the Department of Agriculture . The frozen food could "pose a choking or laceration risk and...
Pet Foods Recalled After
Deaths of 28 Dogs
Dec 31, 2020 1:35 PM CST
Pet Foods Recalled After Deaths of 28 Dogs
Tests find toxin in some Sportmix lots
- Federal regulators are warning pet owners that some pet foods sold under the Sportmix label "may contain potentially fatal levels of aflatoxin." At least 28 dogs died after eating dog food that was found to have high levels of the toxin, NBC reports. Another eight became ill. Midwest...
Recall After Very Different
Dec 10, 2020 9:45 AM CST
Recall After Very Different Drugs 'Inadvertently' Bottled Together
AvKare issues recall of sildenafil, trazodone pills
- Check your cabinets because pharmaceutical distributor AvKare is recalling both an antidepressant and an erectile dysfunction medication—which were accidentally packaged together. That means someone intending to manage their depression might have ended up with an erection, though there are other complications to worry about. Sildenafil, the active ingredient in...
Nov 23, 2020 9:50 AM CST
GM Must Recall 6M Trucks, SUVs
Pricey move involves Takata air bags
- The US is making General Motors recall and repair nearly 6 million big pickup trucks and SUVs equipped with potentially dangerous Takata air bag inflators, per the AP . The decision announced Monday by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration will cost the automaker an estimated $1.2 billion, about one-third...
Hasbro Warns: Take These
Water Guns Away From Kids
Aug 21, 2020 12:40 AM CDT
Hasbro Warns: Take These Water Guns Away From Kids
53K Super Soakers recalled due to lead risk
- Squirt guns: the perfect activity for a summer stuck at home, right? Well, not so much for the thousands of people who bought two particular styles of Nerf's Super Soaker water guns between March and July of this year at Target. Hasbro is recalling 52,900 Super Soaker XP20...
Culprit in New Salmonella
Outbreak: Red Onions
Aug 2, 2020 7:44 AM CDT
Culprit in New Salmonella Outbreak: Red Onions
Nearly 400 Americans sickened in outbreak linked to Calif. company
- Federal health officials say an outbreak of salmonella infecting nearly 400 people in more than 30 states has been linked to red onions, and identified a California company as the likely source. The Food and Drug Administration said in a statement on Friday that Thomson International Inc. of Bakersfield, Calif....
FDA: If You Have Zantac
at Home, Throw It Out
Apr 1, 2020 2:54 PM CDT
FDA: If You Have Zantac at Home, Throw It Out
Contamination issue poses a greater risk than previously thought
- US health regulators are telling drugmakers to immediately pull their popular heartburn drugs off the market after determining that a contamination issue with the medications poses a greater risk than previously thought. The move from the Food and Drug Administration Wednesday applies to all prescription and over-the-counter versions of ranitidine,...
Linked to Mushrooms
Takes 4 Lives
Mar 11, 2020 5:00 PM CDT
Listeria Outbreak Linked to Mushrooms Takes 4 Lives
Enoki mushrooms from Korea are being recalled over the outbreak
- Do not eat enoki mushrooms from Sun Hong Foods. That's the message from the FDA , which says the company is recalling the mushrooms in question due to a listeria outbreak that has killed four people (in California, Hawaii, and New Jersey) and hospitalized 30 others. The outbreak also resulted...
Feb 8, 2020 7:30 AM CST
Baby Carriers Sold Through Amazon, Target Recalled
Buckle can break on Infantino product, meaning the baby can tumble out
- Baby carriers literally have one job—to carry babies—which is why a recall announced by the Consumer Product Safety Commission is particularly alarming.
reports that around 14,000 Infantino baby carriers made in China and sold at Target and through Amazon have been recalled because their buckles...
It Was an Interim Fix.
Now It's Being Recalled, Too
Jan 8, 2020 10:15 AM CST
It Was an Interim Fix. Now It's Being Recalled, Too
Takata's recalls 10M more front airbag inflators
- Takata is recalling 10 million more front airbag inflators sold to 14 different automakers because they can explode with too much force and hurl shrapnel. The recall is the last one the bankrupt company agreed to in a 2015 settlement with US safety regulators. It could bring to a close...
2M Pounds of Chicken
Need to Be Thrown Away
Nov 7, 2019 7:27 AM CST
2M Pounds of Chicken Need to Be Thrown Away
Recall issued for Simmons products
- Consumers in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Georgia, Minnesota, Oklahoma, and Pennsylvania should check their fridges for potentially contaminated poultry products, authorities say. A recall notice has been issued for chicken products from Simmons Prepared Foods Inc. produced from Oct. 21 through Nov. 4 over fears they may have been contaminated...
Amid Recall Fight, Alaska
Governor Cites Trump
Nov 4, 2019 4:04 AM CST
Amid Recall Fight, Alaska Governor Cites Trump
Trump says Dems are trying to hurt a 'very good man'
- A fight is brewing over whether Alaska Gov. Mike Dunleavy should be recalled from office, with his critics saying he's incompetent and has recklessly tried to cut spending while supporters see a politically motivated attempt to undo the last election. Dunleavy, a Republican, has drawn parallels between himself and...
Taco Bell Announces Big Recall
After Customer Finds Metal
Oct 15, 2019 7:42 AM CDT
Taco Bell Announces Big Recall After Customer Finds Metal
2.3M pounds of seasoned ground beef has been yanked from restaurants, distribution centers
- Yo quiero Taco Bell, but that side of metal slivers—not so much. CNN and
report the fast-food chain recalled about 2.3 million pounds of seasoned beef Friday from distribution centers and restaurants in nearly two dozen states after a customer says they found a metal shaving...
'Undeclared Allergens' Lead
to Frozen Meatball Recall
Jul 27, 2019 8:30 AM CDT
'Undeclared Allergens' Lead to Frozen Meatball Recall
Yanked off shelves: 53K pounds of Cooked Perfect brand meatballs by Home Market Foods
- If spaghetti night is coming up, you might want to check your meatballs first.
reports that a product recall has been issued for more than 53,000 pounds of frozen pork and beef meatballs made by the Massachusetts-based Home Market Foods. A release from the USDA's Food...
Got Baking Plans? Check You're
Not Using Recalled Flour
May 25, 2019 8:00 AM CDT
Got Baking Plans? Check You're Not Using Recalled Flour
Baker's Corner All Purpose Flour sold at Aldi has been linked to E. coli outbreak in multiple states
- An E. coli outbreak that has sickened 17 people in eight states has a product sold at Aldi now on recall notice.
reports on the CDC's Friday recall announcement , which notes the illnesses tied to Baker's Corner All Purpose Flour took place between Dec. 11 and...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Tagovailoa Speaks on His Latest Hard Hit
Trump Reacts to NYT Reporter's New Book: She's a 'Creep'
Democrat Wants New Leaders After Stock Ban Stalls
Woman's Mysterious Death Was 'Deliberate and Personal'
Couple Didn't Get the Memo on Over-the-Top Gender Reveals
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.