Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Jan. 6 Panel:
Jun 20, 2022 10:59 AM CDT
Jan. 6 Panel: Mike Pence Subpoena Is Possible
Committee resumes its hearings on Tuesday
- Members of the House committee investigating the Capitol riot say they may subpoena former Vice President Mike Pence and are waiting to formally hear from Virginia "Ginni" Thomas about her efforts to overturn the 2020 election. "We're not taking anything off the table in terms of witnesses...
She 'Can't Wait'
Jun 17, 2022 6:50 AM CDT
Testimony From Ginni Thomas? She 'Can't Wait'
Wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas seems willing to talk to panel about election, Jan. 6
- It's not clear when the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol will be issuing its invitation to Ginni Thomas for her testimony, but she seems open to talking with them. Thomas, the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, has been increaslngly linked to...
Jan. 6 Panel:
Jun 16, 2022 11:35 AM CDT
Jan. 6 Panel: We Want Ginny Thomas to Testify
Committee wants to question wife of Supreme Court justice about efforts to overturn election
The House Jan. 6 panel now wants to interview Ginni Thomas about her efforts to keep the 2020 election results from being certified. Chair Bennie Thompson said Thursday the committee will issue an invitation to the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, reports Axios . The development comes after...
Ginni Thomas Urged 29
Lawmakers to Override Vote
Jun 10, 2022 2:20 PM CDT
Ginni Thomas Urged 29 Lawmakers to Override Vote
She asked Arizona legislature members to work to overturn Trump's defeat
- In the days and weeks after then-President Donald Trump's election loss in 2020, dozens of Arizona lawmakers received emails from the wife of a US Supreme Court justice urging them to help overturn the result. The
, which reported last month that Virginia "Ginni" Thomas had emailed...
May 20, 2022 1:46 PM CDT
Has More Ginni Thomas Election Emails
They show she implored Arizona lawmakers to disregard 2020 vote, name 'clean' electors
has obtained more messages from Virginia "Ginni" Thomas in regard to her efforts to keep former President Trump in office. Thomas—wife of the Supreme Court's Clarence Thomas—emailed two Arizona lawmakers in November 2020 and implored them to disregard vote results showing a victory...
Trump: I Regret Not
Marching to the Capitol
Apr 7, 2022 9:45 AM CDT
Trump: I Regret Not Marching to the Capitol
Former president blames Nancy Pelosi for not containing the day's violence
- Donald Trump tells the
he wanted to march to the Capitol with his supporters on Jan. 6, 2021, but Secret Service wouldn't allow it. "I would have gone there in a minute," he says in the interview. Trump criticized the violence that ensued and, as...
Report: Jan. 6 Panel Wants
to Interview Ginni Thomas
Mar 28, 2022 1:34 PM CDT
Report: Jan. 6 Panel Wants to Interview Ginni Thomas
Wife of SCOTUS justice urged Trump chief of staff to overturn election results
- Ginni Thomas should expect a call from the House committee investigating the Capitol attack, sources tell CNN and the
. Insiders say the conservative activist, wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, is one of many people the panel has been looking at—and the news that she urged...
Mar 27, 2022 9:09 AM CDT
A Defense of Those Ginni Thomas Texts
'Wall Street Journal' editorial says they're embarrassing, but she's entitled to her views as a private citizen
- The conservative editorial page of the
Wall Street Journal
is coming to the defense of Ginni Thomas, wife of the Supreme Court's Clarence Thomas. This week, the
and others reported on newly revealed texts showing that Ginni Thomas urged Mark Meadows , then chief of staff to President...
Texts: Who Is
Mar 25, 2022 9:26 AM CDT
Question in Ginni Thomas Texts: Who Is 'Best Friend?'
Clarence's wife urged Trump aide to fight election results, but importance of that is disputed
- The buzzy story in DC Friday is the revelation that Virginia Thomas , wife of Clarence, urged then-President Trump's chief of staff in text messages to try to overturn the 2020 election results. At one point, she urged Mark Meadows to "release the Kraken and save us from the...
to Fight Election
Mar 24, 2022 6:55 PM CDT
Virginia Thomas Texted Meadows to Fight Election
Messages given to House panel show exchanges about overturning 2020 results
- "This is a fight of good versus evil," Virginia Thomas texted then-President Trump's chief of staff in pushing him to fight the 2020 election of President Biden. "Do not grow weary in well doing," she told Mark Meadows, assuring him Biden was "attempting the...
Clarence Thomas' Wife: I Was
at Jan. 6 'Stop the Steal' Rally
Mar 15, 2022 12:00 AM CDT
Clarence Thomas' Wife: I Was at Jan. 6 'Stop the Steal' Rally
But Ginni Thomas says she left before Capitol riot
- Clarence Thomas' wife, who has already come under scrutiny , reveals to the
Washington Free Beacon
that she attended the Jan. 6, 2021, "Stop the Steal" rally that preceded the mob attack on the US Capitol. However, Virginia "Ginni" Thomas says she got cold and left before then-President Trump...
Mar 13, 2022 6:31 AM CDT
After Scrutiny of Wife, Thomas Blasts 'Cancel Culture'
In speech, he also worries about idea of 'packing' the Supreme Court with more justices
- Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas says he's concerned that efforts to politicize the court or add additional justices may erode the institution's credibility, per the AP . Speaking Friday in Utah at an event hosted by former Republican Sen. Orrin Hatch’s foundation, Thomas said he worries about the...
Wife the Focus
Jan 22, 2022 4:45 PM CST
Clarence Thomas' Wife the Focus of Critical New Profile
'New Yorker' piece wonders about justice's potential conflicts of interest with Ginni Thomas' politics
- It's no secret that Virginia "Ginni" Thomas, wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, is a staunch conservative . But now a lengthy profile by Jane Mayer in the
raises the question of whether she's so deeply embedded in conservative causes that it raises conflicts of...
Ginni Thomas Apologizes
to Husband's SCOTUS Clerks
Feb 2, 2021 7:03 PM CST
Ginni Thomas Apologizes to Husband's SCOTUS Clerks
She raised tensions with post in support of 'Stop the Steal' rally
- Conservative activist Virginia "Ginni" Thomas has apologized for inflaming tensions on the normally sedate email group for former law clerks of her husband, Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, with pro-Trump posts. The
says a member of the private Thomas Clerk World listserv shared some posts from the...
Wife: He's Not Retiring
Jun 20, 2016 1:20 PM CDT
Clarence Thomas' Wife: He's Not Retiring
Virginia Thomas shoots down 'bogus' rumors
- Anonymous sources told the
that conservative Supreme Court justice Clarence Thomas was considering stepping down from the bench after the presidential election—and the story circulated widely enough that Thomas' wife has now put the kibosh on it. "For all those who are contacting me about the...
Is a Journalist, Too
Mar 22, 2011 5:25 PM CDT
Ginni Thomas Is a Journalist, Too
Clarence's wife joins conservative Daily Caller site
- Ginni Thomas is no fan of the media, but now she's a part of it. Thomas, the wife of Supreme Court justice Clarence Thomas who is a Tea Party activist in her own right, has joined the right-wing site Daily Caller . Her job will be “identifying and interviewing people...
Virginia Thomas Denies Leaving Tea Party Group
Nov 15, 2010 8:16 PM CST
Virginia Thomas Denies Leaving Tea Party Group
Reports that CEO will take 'back seat' at Liberty inaccurate
- Clarence Thomas' wife is denying reports that she's stepping down as CEO at the Tea Party-linked organization she founded last year, ABC News reports. The COO of Liberty Central said quotes in a
story from earlier today that suggested Virginia Thomas would take a "back seat" at...
Thomases Are Epic
in Their Bad Judgment
Oct 24, 2010 8:05 AM CDT
Thomases Are Epic in Their Bad Judgment
Ginni's wacky phone call nothing next to political endeavors
- Ginni Thomas, intending to very belatedly salvage her man's reputation, instead made a mockery of it, opines Maureen Dowd in the
New York Times.
And while "it's too late to relitigate the shameful Thomas-Hill hearings," Ginni Thomas' errant phone call is just the latest instance of "supremely...
With Porn': Ex
Oct 22, 2010 7:42 AM CDT
Clarence Thomas 'Obsessed With Porn': Ex
And partial to big breasts, too, says Lillian McEwen
- Ginni Thomas must be wishing she’d never extended that “olive branch” to Anita Hill : Clarence Thomas’s ex, who first spoke out Wednesday , is back—with a lot more to say about the Supreme Court justice. Hill’s allegations that Thomas made sexual advances toward her come as...
Clarence Thomas's Ex:
Anita Hill Got It Right
Oct 20, 2010 1:36 PM CDT
Clarence Thomas's Ex: Anita Hill Got It Right
Allegations didn't surprise old girlfriend Lillian McEwen
- Most definitely not what Ginni Thomas hoped would happen when she called Anita Hill seeking an apology: Now that the story's gone national, the
talks to a woman who dated Clarence Thomas in the 1980s and says the lewd behavior alleged by Hill didn't surprise her. "The...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Miner's Surprise Find: 'She's Perfect and She's Beautiful'
Conservatives Skeptical of Thomas' New Challenge
20 Dead in S. African Nightclub, and Police Don't Know Cause
World Leaders Now Going After Russia's 2nd-Largest Export
Lawmaker Makes Gaffe Praising Abortion Decision
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.