Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Jurors Hear Accused Texas
Serial Killer Describe Slayings
Dec 5, 2022 12:09 AM CST
Jurors Hear Accused Texas Serial Killer Describe Slayings
Juan David Ortiz is on trial for capital murder
- In a taped interview played for jurors last week, a former US Border Patrol agent and suspected serial killer allegedly describes killing four sex workers in South Texas in 2018, KSAT reports. Jurors heard Juan David Ortiz, now 39, allegedly confess to detectives that he wanted to " clean up...
Alleged Serial Killer
Accused of Murdering
4 Indigenous Women
Dec 2, 2022 1:23 PM CST
Alleged Serial Killer Accused of Murdering 4 Indigenous Women
Canadian suspect Jeremy Skibicki linked to far-right group
- A man arrested in Canada earlier this year is now believed to be a serial killer with at least four victims, all of them Indigenous women. Jeremy Skibicki, a 35-year-old resident of Winnipeg, Manitoba, was charged in May with the murder of 24-year-old Rebecca Contois, a member of the Crane...
Convicted of Killing
4 Babies, an Inquiry
Nov 14, 2022 2:06 AM CST
After Scientists Back Mom Convicted of Killing 4 Babies, an Inquiry
Kathleen Folbigg's case re-opened, after scientists say infants likely died of genetic mutations
- A second Australian inquiry into the case of Kathleen Folbigg, the mother convicted of killing her four children decades ago, has been opened after dozens of scientists called for her to be pardoned. The first inquiry into the case, which ended in 2019, found no reasonable doubt. The second inquiry...
Woman: My Dad Was
Serial Killer; I Helped
Bury the Bodies
in case you missed it
Oct 30, 2022 3:30 PM CDT
Woman: My Dad Was Serial Killer; I Helped Bury the Bodies
Cadaver dogs have registered hits on former Iowa property of the late Donald Studey
- Lucy Studey isn't the first person to claim their father was a serial killer. (See here , here , and here .) But she's one of the few who says she's knows where the evidence lies. How? She says she helped him bury the bodies. Iowa authorities are now...
Suspected Serial Killer
Has His Second Conviction
Oct 7, 2022 4:45 PM CDT
Suspected Serial Killer Has His Second Conviction
Mary Brooks, 87, was followed home after shopping
- A man charged with killing 22 women in the Dallas area over a two-year span was found guilty Friday in one of their deaths—his second murder conviction. With the verdict, Billy Chemirmir, 49, automatically received a second sentence of life without parole, the AP reports, this time for the...
Person Behind Stockton
Murders May Be 'Hunting'
Oct 5, 2022 9:25 AM CDT
Person Behind Stockton Murders May Be 'Hunting'
All crimes were committed in areas light on surveillance cameras
- Police believe there's a serial killer afoot in California, and "we don’t know what the motive is," Stockton Police Chief Stanley McFadden said Tuesday, per the AP . But "what we do believe is that it's mission-oriented, this person's on a mission." The...
2 More Shootings Linked to
Possible California Serial Killer
Oct 4, 2022 4:00 AM CDT
2 More Shootings Linked to Possible California Serial Killer
Fatal shootings in Stockton, Calif., linked by physical evidence, police say
Police say the fatal shooting of a sixth man, who was killed in Oakland, Calif., last year, has been linked to the five fatal shootings in Stockton, Calif., they believe are the work of a serial killer. The non-fatal shooting of a woman in Stockton on April 16, 2021,...
She Knew Him as Anthony.
Cops Call Him Something Else
Sep 13, 2022 4:23 PM CDT
She Knew Him as Anthony. Cops Call Him Something Else
Monica White recounts her brief relationship with the accused 'shopping cart killer'
- Monica White's relationship ended badly—but she now fears it could have ended fatally. The Pennsylvania woman met Anthony Robinson on a dating app in 2020. The 36-year-old told the then-53-year-old that he was drawn to older women; she was a divorcee looking for love. He lived in the...
LA Man Who Killed 5
at Random Sentenced
Aug 19, 2022 10:43 AM CDT
LA Man Who Killed 5 at Random Sentenced
Alexander Hernandez gets life without parole for 2014 killing spree
- A Los Angeles man who opened fire on people at random in 2014, killing five and wounding seven others, was sentenced Thursday to life in prison without the possibility of parole. Alexander Hernandez, 42, from the city's Sylmar neighborhood, was sentenced to multiple consecutive life terms for the rampage,...
Serial Killer Charged
in 1968 Cold Case
Jun 24, 2022 8:30 AM CDT
Serial Killer Charged in 1968 Cold Case
DNA evidence in Diane Cusick murder led investigators to Richard Cottingham
- Police in Long Island say advances in DNA technology helped them crack a case that horrified residents in 1968. Nassau County Police Detective Capt. Stephen Fitzpatrick says the killer of 23-year-old Diane Cusick has been identified as Richard Cottingham, a serial killer already linked to 11 other murders, CBS reports....
Cops: Tree Trimmer
Returned to Kill His Clients
May 19, 2022 12:04 AM CDT
Cops: Tree Trimmer Returned to Kill His Clients
Ryan Scott Blinston convicted of 3 murders in northern California
A tree trimmer in rural Northern California was found guilty in a series of throat-slashing attacks that left three people dead, prosecutors announced Wednesday. A jury in Butte County on Tuesday found Ryan Scott Blinston, 37, guilty of murder, attempted murder and arson, the Tehama County District Attorney's...
29 Years Later
Apr 19, 2022 3:03 AM CDT
Victim of 'Happy Face Killer' Identified, 29 Years Later
Patricia Skiple was found dead in 1993
- A victim of the Happy Face Killer has been identified nearly 30 years after her body was left near a California highway, authorities said Monday. Patricia Skiple of Colton, Ore., had been known only as “Blue Pacheco" for the color of her clothing until genetic genealogy was used to...
New Evidence in
Serial Killer Case
Apr 13, 2022 2:51 PM CDT
Police Release New Evidence in Serial Killer Case
Police say they are making progress in the 12-year-old Gilgo Beach case
- Police in Long Island have released surveillance video footage of a woman in her last hours, before she became a victim of the Gilgo Beach killer, per CBS New York. It all started twelve years ago with the 2010 search for one missing woman, Shannan Gilbert , which led to the...
6th Victim Added to Tally
of 1970s 'Doodler' Serial Killer
Jan 28, 2022 12:15 AM CST
6th Victim Added to Tally of 1970s 'Doodler' Serial Killer
Police in San Francisco say they are close to an arrest decades after the slayings of gay men
- The Doodler is still out there, but police in San Francisco say they are closer than ever to catching the 1970s serial killer who targeted gay men. On Thursday, the SFPD confirmed a sixth victim—52-year-old attorney Warren Andrews, reports SFGate . Warren was savagely beaten in the city's...
Virginia Police May Have
Found a Serial Killer
Dec 18, 2021 10:40 AM CST
Virginia Police May Have Found a Serial Killer
Police arrested a man they call the 'shopping cart kller'
- Virginia police say they may have caught a serial killer. Harrisonburg police arrested Anthony Robinson in November and charged him with murder after finding two bodies. On Friday, Fairfax County police said they’d found two more bodies, and called Robinson the “shopping cart killer,” the AP reports....
Samuel Little Is Dead, but
LA Detectives Aren't Giving Up
Dec 4, 2021 11:00 AM CST
Samuel Little Is Dead, but LA Detectives Aren't Giving Up
They're still pursuing 16 possible murders committed by the serial killer
- The nation's most prolific serial killer died last year in a California prison at age 80, but as the
Los Angeles Times
explains, that hardly shuts the book on Samuel Little. He described having committed 93 murders, but in the case of 31 of them, authorities still haven't...
FBI: We Think We've Nabbed
Missouri/Kansas Serial Killer
Nov 9, 2021 8:05 AM CST
FBI: We Think We've Nabbed Missouri/Kansas Serial Killer
Perez Reed, 25, accused of fatally gunning down 6 people in alleged crime spree
- A suspected serial killer has been arrested for six deadly shootings throughout the Missouri/Kansas City area in September and October. Police say 25-year-old Perez Reed was nabbed by FBI agents on Friday after getting off a train in Independence, Mo., heading to his home in St. Louis from Kansas City,...
He Was About 21 When
John Wayne Gacy Killed Him
Oct 25, 2021 1:07 PM CDT
He Was About 21 When John Wayne Gacy Killed Him
Francis Wayne Alexander has been newly identified as a victim of the serial killer
- A North Carolina man who moved to Chicago has been identified as one of the victims of John Wayne Gacy , who was convicted of killing 33 young men and boys in the 1970s, per the AP . Francis Wayne Alexander would have been 21 or 22 years old when Gacy killed...
The Building Was Home to
Seniors—and a Serial Killer
Oct 16, 2021 2:15 PM CDT
The Building Was Home to Seniors—and a Serial Killer
A deep dive into what happened at Brooklyn's Woodson Houses
- "How many people can say they know a serial killer and everyone that he killed?" It's a chilling question that a resident of the Carter G. Woodson Houses in Brooklyn poses in a lengthy piece by
New York Magazine
about the killings that took place there over a...
Serial Killer Caught
by Victim's Friends
Gets 160 Years
Oct 7, 2021 2:19 PM CDT
Serial Killer Caught by Victim's Friends Gets 160 Years
They lured Khalil Wheeler-Weaver with fake social media account
- A New Jersey man who used dating apps to lure and kill three women five years ago was sentenced Wednesday to 160 years in prison after a trial in which it was revealed that friends of one victim did their own detective work on social media to ferret out the...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Trump Suggests Suspending the Constitution
Teenager Thought He Bought a Percocet. It Killed Him
Scans Show How Pandemic Changed Teenage Brains
Chris Christie's Niece Booted Off Plane, Allegedly Bites Officers
Few in GOP Differ With Trump on Constitution
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.