Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Michael Moore Talks About
His Accurate Midterms Call
Nov 14, 2022 2:21 PM CST
Michael Moore Talks About His Accurate Midterms Call
Filmmaker predicted correctly that no red wave would materialize
- As of Monday afternoon, the fate of next year's House remained up in the air. However, the
New York Times
reports that Democrats' hopes of keeping majority control appear to have dimmed over the weekend. In particular, they missed targets in Arizona and California districts, writes Nate Cohn. "...
Aug 30, 2020 8:34 AM CDT
Michael Moore Offers 'Reality Check' on Election
Filmmaker sees similarities to Clinton's 2016 loss
- Joe Biden's presidential campaign "just announced he'll be visiting a number of states—but not Michigan," Michael Moore posted. "Sound familiar?" Hillary Clinton didn't campaign in the state in 2016 and lost Michigan to Donald Trump. Moore was among the few who saw Trump'...
Michael Moore's New Film
Is Denounced—by the Left
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
May 2, 2020 1:30 PM CDT
Michael Moore's New Film Is Denounced—by the Left
Critics say 'Planet of the Humans' is wildly inaccurate and smears the green movement
- Michael Moore is used to taking all kinds of criticism over his films. His new one, however, offers a twist on that. Many environmentalists and other usual Moore supporters on the left are outraged over the documentary
Planet of the Humans
, while conservative sites, including Breitbart , are singing its praises....
Trump's Midwest Support
Hasn't Fallen 'One Inch': Moore
Dec 27, 2019 4:30 PM CST
Trump's Midwest Support Hasn't Fallen 'One Inch': Moore
If today were Election Day, foe says, president would win again
- Michael Moore isn't happy about it, but he says that if the presidential election were held now, Donald Trump would win again—the same way. The Michigan filmmaker said Trump would lose the popular vote but win the Electoral College, as he did in 2016, Fox News reports. The...
'To Put It Bluntly, I Am Back'
Oct 20, 2019 6:15 AM CDT
'To Put It Bluntly, I Am Back'
Sanders mounts his political comeback weeks after heart attack
- Storming past questions about his health, Bernie Sanders vowed that he's "more ready than ever" to fight a political revolution—with a little help from new friends—at a rally Saturday that drew an estimated 25,000 to a New York City park. The rally offered a pointed...
Michael Moore Releases Clip
of Cesar Sayoc at Rally
Oct 29, 2018 11:00 AM CDT
Michael Moore Releases Clip of Cesar Sayoc at Rally
Accused mail bomber is chanting about CNN
- One of the stickers on accused mail bomber Cesar Sayoc's van read "CNN Sucks." Another featured the likeness of Michael Moore in a gun's crosshairs. Now Moore himself has released raw footage of Sayoc at a rally for President Trump soon after the inauguration that brings...
Michael Moore Flick Fizzles
Sep 23, 2018 12:01 PM CDT
Michael Moore Flick Fizzles
Family-friendly 'The House With a Clock in Its Walls' grabs first place
- Film-festival fare got killed at the weekend box office as
The House With a Clock in Its Walls
—a family picture starring Cate Blanchett and Jack Black—easily scored top spot with a surprising $26.8 million debut, per the
. Filling out the top five domestically were
Michael Moore Has
Penned a 28th Amendment
Oct 5, 2017 5:19 AM CDT
Michael Moore Has Penned a 28th Amendment
He wants to dump 'outdated' Second Amendment
- In a move highly unlikely to be approved by the NRA, Michael Moore has come up with a replacement for what he says is the "ancient and outdated" Second Amendment. In a Facebook post Wednesday, Moore offered a 28th Amendment that protects the right of people to "be...
After Show, Moore Leads
Audience to Trump Tower
Aug 16, 2017 8:28 AM CDT
After Show, Moore Leads Audience to Trump Tower
With Mark Ruffalo, they chant the name of Charlottesville victim Heather Heyer
- Michael Moore led the audience of his Broadway play to Trump Tower on Tuesday to protest President Trump's comments about the deadly violence in Charlottesville. On Facebook, Moore urged people to join him at the tower following Tuesday night's performance of his one-man show
The Terms of My
Michael Moore Has Been
Secretly Making Trump Film
May 17, 2017 3:14 AM CDT
Michael Moore Has Been Secretly Making Trump Film
He says 'Fahrenheit 11/9' will help bring president down
- Michael Moore has been secretly making an anti-Trump documentary that he says will be powerful enough to bring down the president. The documentary, titled
in reference to the day Trump's election win was confirmed, has been acquired by Bob and Harvey Weinstein, the
Los Angeles Times
Trump to Get
a 'Lot Worse'
Dec 28, 2016 9:54 AM CST
Michael Moore: Life Under Trump to Get a 'Lot Worse'
But he's got a 5-task to-do list for those who want to resist
- It's been seven weeks since the election—or, as Michael Moore frames it in his latest Facebook post on Tuesday, "seven weeks since Hillary beat Trump by nearly 3 million votes but lost the presidency to him." The filmmaker acknowledges that many may still be reeling from...
on Trump: Don't
Dec 14, 2016 6:03 AM CST
Michael Moore on Trump: Don't Forget 8/6/01 Intel Briefing
The president's job is to keep us safe, and Trump will fail with this attitude: Moore
- As of Tuesday, Donald Trump has had the chance to attend 36 daily presidential national security briefings, per Michael Moore's tally. As of a week ago, the president-elect said he had attended, at most, three. Moore joins the chorus of those who see this as a deal-breaker, and he...
Michael Moore Urges Dems
to Run a Celeb in 2020
Nov 14, 2016 2:54 PM CST
Michael Moore Urges Dems to Run a Celeb in 2020
Outspoken filmmaker says Democrats should run a "beloved" person
- In light of recent election results, the Democratic Party should embrace the trend of turning popular celebrities into politicians, according to filmmaker Michael Moore. "Democrats would be better off if they ran Oprah or Tom Hanks," Moore said on CNN's
State of the Union
Sunday, per the...
2 Who Predicted Trump Win
Have One More Prediction
Nov 11, 2016 3:31 PM CST
2 Who Predicted Trump Win Have One More Prediction
They don't think he'll serve a full term
- There weren't that many people who predicted a Donald Trump presidency —and two out of that small number also predicted Trump wouldn't serve a full term.
Allan Lichtman , the Washington, DC-based professor who uses a series of 13 true/false questions to predict the outcome of presidential elections,
Michael Moore to
You Weren't Paying Attention
Nov 10, 2016 5:33 AM CST
Michael Moore to 'Shocked' Democrats: You Weren't Paying Attention
Filmmaker's 'Morning After To-Do List' is going viral
- On Wednesday, filmmaker and activist Michael Moore penned a " Morning After To-Do List " for Democrats that has, as of Thursday morning, been shared more than 180,000 times, liked more than 350,000 times, and commented on more than 18,000 times. Item No. 1? "Take over...
Michael Moore's New Film
Is an 'October Surprise'
Oct 18, 2016 3:33 PM CDT
Michael Moore's New Film Is an 'October Surprise'
Michael Moore in TrumpLand premiers Tuesday in New York City
- Wow, Michael Moore works fast. The filmmaker announced his next movie Monday night on Twitter . Less than 24 hours later,
Michael Moore in TrumpLand
will premiere at the IFC Center in New York City, according to the
. Moore is calling it his "October surprise," Fox News...
Michael Moore Issues
Rousing Defense of Lochte
Aug 25, 2016 1:51 PM CDT
Michael Moore Issues Rousing Defense of Lochte
Get the facts straight before judging, he writes
- Is there anyone getting more universally vilified than Ryan Lochte these days? Like so . The swimmer, however, finally has a high-profile name in his corner in Michael Moore. In a scathing Facebook post , Moore ridicules what he sees as the hypocritical and way-out-of-line treatment Lochte. "How dare you say...
Michael Moore: I Know for
a Fact Trump's Run Was a Ploy
Aug 17, 2016 9:07 AM CDT
Michael Moore: I Know for a Fact Trump's Run Was a Ploy
In blog post, filmmaker says candidate was trying to put the screws on NBC
- You've just got to trust him on this one: Donald Trump never wanted to be president and is sabotaging his own campaign, which Michael Moore says he “knows for a fact”—though he won't say how. In a blog post on his website , Moore writes that...
Bed in the ICU
Feb 5, 2016 8:29 AM CST
Michael Moore Tweets From Bed in the ICU
He's laid up with pneumonia
- Michael Moore has been a busy man lately, taking on the Flint water crisis , promoting his upcoming movie
ere to Invade Next
, and even stumping for Bernie Sanders . But there's been a temporary setback: The filmmaker has been in the ICU with pneumonia since Sunday night, the
Jan 28, 2016 1:00 PM CST
Michael Moore: Flint Suffered 'Crime Against Humanity'
Sending bottled water isn't enough, says filmmaker
- Companies including Pepsi, Coca Cola, Walmart, and Nestle have donated bottled water to Flint, Michigan, to help residents deal with a staggering water crisis. So have celebrities like Mark Wahlberg, Cher , and Pearl Jam . Michael Moore says it's not enough. Bottled water "cannot reverse the irreversible brain damage...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
He Had Headaches for Months. Doctors Made a Surprising Find
Congresswoman in Testy Exchange Over Hamas Rapes
GOP Race Sees Another Contender Drop Out
Redwoods Surprise Scientists With a Survival Tactic
Liz Cheney Recounts 4 Words From Her Father
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.