Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Sep 7, 2021 9:35 AM CDT
Bill Cosby Accuser Speaks Out
Andrea Constand, who has new memoir out, calls his release from prison 'disgusting'
- Andrea Constand remained something of an enigma over the years her sexual assault allegations against Bill Cosby played out in Pennsylvania courts and the public square. An athlete and spiritual seeker turned massage therapist, she lived a quiet life with her dogs in Toronto until the case burst open again...
Judge: Cosby Accusations
Had 'Chilling Similarities'
May 15, 2019 1:52 AM CDT
Judge: Cosby Accusations Had 'Chilling Similarities'
Accounts pointed to a 'signature' crime
- The judge who presided over Bill Cosby's criminal case said he let five other accusers testify at the sex-assault trial because their accounts had "chilling similarities" that pointed to a "signature" crime. A jury last year convicted Cosby of drugging and sexually assaulting Andrea Constand in 2004,...
Here's Bill Cosby's Mug Shot
Sep 25, 2018 6:01 PM CDT
Here's Bill Cosby's Mug Shot
And more on the 81-year-old's sentencing
- "Mr. Cosby, this all circles back to you. The day has come. The time has come." So said Judge Steven O’Neill in sentencing Bill Cosby to three to 10 years in state prison on Tuesday in connection with the 2004 sexual assault of Andrea Constand, reports the...
Bill Cosby Is
Going to Prison
Sep 25, 2018 1:12 PM CDT
Bill Cosby Is Going to Prison
Judge sentences him to 3 to 10 years
- Bill Cosby will be going to prison at 81. The judge in the case said Tuesday that he will put Cosby behind bars for three to 10 years, per AP , for drugging and sexually assaulting a woman over a decade ago in what led to the first celebrity trial of...
State Board Thinks Cosby
Is Officially a 'Predator'
Jul 24, 2018 11:25 AM CDT
State Board Thinks Cosby Is Officially a 'Predator'
Panel recommends 'sexually violent predator' label, and a judge will decide
- If a state panel gets its way, Bill Cosby will be known from here on out as a "sexually violent predator." If a judge agrees, the 81-year-old entertainer would have to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life, reports Philly.com . He'd also...
'I Forgive Him'
Jun 2, 2018 6:59 AM CDT
Bill Cosby's Main Accuser: 'I Forgive Him'
Andrea Constand says he's sick and needs help
- The woman whose accusations against Bill Cosby just resulted in him being convicted as a sex offender is happy to see justice delivered, but she's made her personal peace with the man. "I forgive him for what he did to me," Andrea Constand tells NBC's
Speaks: 'I Was a
May 31, 2018 10:55 AM CDT
Cosby Victim Speaks: 'I Was a Limp Noodle'
Andrea Constand opens up in interview with NBC
- "I was crying out inside, in my throat, in my mind, for this to stop and I couldn't do anything," says Andrea Constand, recalling the abuse she suffered at the hands of Bill Cosby in her first interview since the comedian was found guilty of three counts...
Cosby Will Be
May 16, 2018 12:43 AM CDT
Cosby Will Be Sentenced in September
He's expected to get up to 10 years
- Bill Cosby will be sentenced Sept. 24, almost five months to the day after he was convicted of sexual assault, a judge said Tuesday. Lawyers for the comedian, who turns 81 in July and faces the prospect of the rest of his life in prison, had asked Judge Steven O'...
Cosby 'Probably Biggest Rapist
in US History': Accusers React
Apr 28, 2018 9:00 AM CDT
Cosby 'Probably Biggest Rapist in US History': Accusers React
Responses from Andrea Constand, Janice Dickinson, and others after Cosby found guilty
- Most people have heard about Bill Cosby's reaction to being found guilty Thursday on three counts of sexual assault against Andrea Constand, but now it's time for the women to speak. One of the first to respond to the 80-year-old comedian's conviction: ex-model Janice Dickinson, who testified...
A Cringeworthy Day on the
Stand for Cosby's Drug Expert
Apr 20, 2018 7:02 AM CDT
A Cringeworthy Day on the Stand for Cosby's Drug Expert
Dr. Harry Milman admitted he got his drug stats from Google
- A toxicology expert brought in by Bill Cosby's legal team for his sexual assault retrial faced some embarrassing cross-examination questions Thursday, drawing both yawns and wide-eyed looks of disbelief from attendees with what Jezebel deems his "gibberish." Per ABC News , Maryland toxicologist Dr. Harry Milman was being...
Witness: Cosby Accuser
Wanted to 'Get That Money'
Apr 19, 2018 1:16 AM CDT
Witness: Cosby Accuser Wanted to 'Get That Money'
She claims Andrea Constand spoke of plot
- The chief accuser at Bill Cosby's sexual assault retrial talked about framing a celebrity before going to police with her allegations in 2005, a key defense witness testified Wednesday as the TV star's lawyers began setting out their case. Marguerite Jackson, an academic adviser at Temple University, said...
Cosby's Chief Accuser:
3 Pills, Then an Assault
Apr 13, 2018 4:02 PM CDT
Cosby's Chief Accuser: 3 Pills, Then an Assault
Andrea Constand again takes the stand
- Bill Cosby's chief accuser took the witness stand Friday at his sexual assault retrial, declaring for a second jury that he knocked her out her with three blue pills and then sexually assaulted her at his suburban Philadelphia home in 2004. "I was weak. I was limp, and...
at Cosby Trial:
'Here Was 'America's
Dad' on Top of Me'
Apr 12, 2018 7:30 PM CDT
Janice Dickinson at Cosby Trial: 'Here Was 'America's Dad' on Top of Me'
Model testifies before Andrea Constand takes the stand Friday
- The day before Bill Cosby's chief accuser was to take the witness stand at his sexual assault retrial, a former model and TV personality on Thursday gave jurors her own harrowing account of being drugged and raped by the comedy star in 1982, the AP reports. Janice Dickinson, one...
Accuser Addresses Cosby
Directly From Witness Stand
Apr 11, 2018 6:30 PM CDT
Accuser Addresses Cosby Directly From Witness Stand
'You remember, don't you, Mr. Cosby?' Chelan Lasha asked Wednesday
- The first accuser to testify at Bill Cosby's retrial, Heidi Thomas, described the comedian Wednesday as "a serial rapist" as she parried with his lawyers, while second accuser Chelan Lasha tearfully confronted the comedian over a 32-year-old assault allegation: "You remember, don't you, Mr. Cosby?" The...
Lawyer: Bill Cosby Was
Framed by 'Con Artist'
Apr 11, 2018 12:08 AM CDT
Lawyer: Bill Cosby Was Framed by 'Con Artist'
Another woman says she was drugged, forced to perform oral sex
- Bill Cosby's retrial took a far more combative turn Tuesday than the first go-round, as his lawyers launched a scathing attack on his accuser and prosecutors put the first in a parade of women on the stand to portray the comedian as a sexual predator. Heidi Thomas, who was...
Hidden Amount Bill Cosby Paid
Andrea Constand Is Revealed
Apr 10, 2018 6:33 AM CDT
Hidden Amount Bill Cosby Paid Andrea Constand Is Revealed
Both sides intend to use the figure in the retrial
- Day one of Bill Cosby's retrial on sexual assault charges was markedly different than his first go-round, beginning with a topless protester who barreled toward him outside a Pennsylvania courthouse and evident in the prosecution's revelation of what he paid accuser Andrea Constand to settle her 2005 lawsuit....
Bill Cosby's New Jury Looks
a Whole Lot Like His Last One
Apr 4, 2018 6:09 PM CDT
Bill Cosby's New Jury Looks a Whole Lot Like His Last One
Seven men and 5 women set to decide his fate
- A jury of seven men and five women—10 of them white, two of them black—was seated Wednesday to decide Bill Cosby's fate after a day marked by defense accusations of racial discrimination. Cosby's lawyers alleged a member of the prosecution team made a disparaging remark after...
Cosby Defense Team
Scores Big Win Before Trial
Apr 3, 2018 8:46 AM CDT
Cosby Defense Team Scores Big Win Before Trial
Judge will allow woman to testify that accuser once talked about framing a celebrity
- The judge in Bill Cosby's sexual assault retrial gave his legal defense a huge boost Tuesday, ruling his lawyers can call a witness who says the accuser talked about framing a celebrity before she went to police in 2005 with allegations about the comedian, per the AP . Judge Steven...
Popular on Newser
Frantic Parents Tased, Arrested Amid Arizona School Lockdown
Lindsey Graham Gets Bad News From Federal Judge
Rep Confirms Heche's Death as Exes Grieve
Trump: US 'Temperature Has to Be Brought Down'
Captain Cook's Endeavour Is Being Wrecked Again
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.