Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Alibi Revealed, Sort Of
Aug 4, 2023 12:30 AM CDT
Bryan Kohberger's Alibi Revealed, Sort Of
He was out for a drive the night 4 Idaho students were killed, lawyers say
- Bryan Kohberger's lawyers suggested the suspect in the stabbing murders of four University of Idaho students had an alibi, and prosecutors demanded to know what it was . Now Kohberger's attorneys are responding, but they're not saying much: They filed an objection to the prosecutors' request that they...
Prosecutors Demand to Know
More About Kohberger's Alibi
Jul 28, 2023 9:52 AM CDT
Prosecutors Demand to Know More About Kohberger's Alibi
Defense lawyers have suggested he was elsewhere when students were murdered
- Prosecutors don't plan on waiting until Bryan Kohberger's trial to learn more about the alibi his defense team has suggested he has for the murder of four University of Idaho students. Idaho prosecutors filed a motion Thursday asking a judge to compel the defense team to release information...
University Agrees to Delay
Demolition of Murder Site
Jul 13, 2023 5:41 AM CDT
University Agrees to Delay Demolition of Murder Site
Lawyers for families of Idaho victims said jurors in Bryan Kohberger trial might need to see it
- Residents of Moscow, Idaho, are going to have to live with a grim reminder of four gruesome murders for a few months longer. The University of Idaho has decided to delay the demolition of the home where four students were stabbed to death in November, NBC reports. After the murders,...
Prosecutors Seek Death Penalty
in Slayings of Idaho Students
Jun 26, 2023 5:25 PM CDT
Prosecutors Seek Death Penalty in Slayings of Idaho Students
Filing cites aggravating circumstances that could make Bryan Kohberger eligible for capital punishment if convicted
- Prosecutors filed a court notice Monday that they will seek the death penalty against Bryan Kohberger, who is charged with fatally stabbing four University of Idaho students in November. Madison Mogen, Kaylee Goncalves, Xana Kernodle, and Ethan Chapin were killed in their rental house across the street from campus. The...
Court Filing Reveals DNA
Evidence Against Kohberger
Jun 22, 2023 5:35 AM CDT
Court Filing Reveals DNA Evidence Against Kohberger
DNA on knife sheath a 'statistical match' to suspect
- DNA on a knife sheath found at the home where four University of Idaho students were stabbed to death last fall is a "statistical match" to that collected from suspect Bryan Kohberger, prosecutors disclosed in a court filing. In the June 16 filing, prosecutors said the STR profile, a...
Report Alleges Chilling Tactic
by Idaho Murder Suspect
May 21, 2023 8:45 AM CDT
Report Alleges Chilling Tactic by Idaho Murder Suspect
Bryan Kohberger broke into female friend's place to make her feel unsafe, reports 'Dateline NBC'
- As Bryan Kohberger prepares for his arraignment Monday in a quadruple homicide in Idaho , a disturbing new allegation has emerged about his background. A report at
alleges that the 28-year-old broke into a female friend's apartment and moved her things around to make her feel unsafe, reports...
Bryan Kohberger's Lawyers:
Survivor Has 'Exculpatory' Info
Apr 26, 2023 4:49 PM CDT
Bryan Kohberger's Lawyers: Survivor Has 'Exculpatory' Info
Bethany Funke is fighting subpoena to return to Idaho to testify
- After four of her roommates were killed in a November stabbing, Bethany Funke moved home to Reno, Nevada. Now, attorneys for Bryan Kohberger, who has been charged with murdering the four University of Idaho students, have requested that she return to Idaho to testify at a June preliminary hearing. An...
Search Records in
Idaho Murders Unsealed
Feb 28, 2023 5:31 PM CST
Search Records in Idaho Murders Unsealed
Dark clothing was seized after Bryan Kohberger's arrest in Pennsylvania
- Law enforcement officials seized dark clothing, medical gloves, a flashlight, and other items from a Pennsylvania home where they arrested a graduate student charged with stabbing four University of Idaho students to death, according to newly unsealed court documents. The records were made public Tuesday, two months after state police...
Police List Items Found
at Kohberger's Apartment
Jan 18, 2023 6:10 PM CST
Police List Items Found at Kohberger's Apartment
Released search warrant documents provide details
- Court documents released Wednesday for the first time provided a list of items police found when they searched the Washington state apartment of Bryan Kohberger, who's charged in the slayings of four University of Idaho students. Stained mattress covers, several possible hair strands, a black glove, a blotched pillow,...
As a Teenager,
Said He Felt
Jan 13, 2023 5:15 PM CST
As a Teenager, Idaho Suspect Said He Felt 'Little Remorse'
Bryan Kohberger wrote 'I am blank' in a mental health forum
- Online posts from Bryan Kohberger's teenage years portray an isolated, troubled youth who lacked emotion, including remorse, and felt like he was watching his life play out in a video game. The man charged in the stabbing deaths of four University of Idaho students in November once posted that...
Cops: Idaho Housemate Had
Chilling Encounter With Killer
Jan 5, 2023 12:39 PM CST
Cops: Idaho Housemate Had Chilling Encounter With Killer
Court documents also say DNA on knife sheath at scene is that of suspect Bryan Kohberger
- Newly released court documents shed new light on the arrest of suspect Bryan Kohberger in the murder of four University of Idaho students —along with a chilling encounter involving one of the surviving roommates. Standout details from the probable cause affidavit:
Investigators say DNA found on a knife
Days After Murders,
Kohberger Got a
New License Plate
Jan 5, 2023 5:03 AM CST
Days After Murders, Kohberger Got a New License Plate
Thousands tracked his journey to Idaho Wednesday
- Bryan Kohberger arrived in Idaho on Wednesday, the day after he waived his right to an extradition hearing —and if he's found guilty of murdering four University of Idaho students, he'll probably never leave the state again. Thousands of people tracked the suspect's journey in a...
Assistant DA Has Theory on
Kohberger Waiving Extradition
Jan 4, 2023 11:58 AM CST
Assistant DA Has Theory on Kohberger Waiving Extradition
He thinks Bryan Kohberger wants to know what's in court documents
- The man accused of killing four University of Idaho students in November is being moved from Pennsylvania to Idaho to face first-degree murder and burglary charges. The AP reports officials on Wednesday morning confirmed Bryan Kohberger left a Pennsylvania jail in state police custody, though precise details of his transfer...
Kohberger Waives Right
to Fight Extradition
Jan 3, 2023 3:26 PM CST
Kohberger Waives Right to Fight Extradition
Murder suspect showed little emotion during brief hearing in Pennsylvania
- Bryan Kohberger has waived his right to fight extradition to Idaho, where he is accused of murdering four University of Idaho students in November. The 28-year-old suspect was taken to Pennsylvania’s Monroe County Courthouse in a prison van Tuesday and did not answer reporters' questions, CNN reports. The AP...
Idaho Murder Suspect's
Parents, Sisters Speak
Jan 2, 2023 12:15 AM CST
Idaho Murder Suspect's Parents, Sisters Speak
In a statement, they reference their attempt to 'promote his presumption of innocence'
- The family of Bryan Kohberger, the man accused of stabbing to death four University of Idaho students, has released a public statement. "First and foremost we care deeply for the four families who have lost their precious children," began the statement from Kohberger's parents and two sisters...
In Idaho Case, a College
Project Now Looks Disturbing
Dec 31, 2022 9:00 AM CST
In Idaho Case, a College Project Now Looks Disturbing
Bryan Kohberger asked criminals in survey to explain why they chose their victims
- The arrest of a suspect in the baffling murder of four students at the University of Idaho has brought relief to the community but few answers about motive. Bryan Christopher Kohberger, 28, a grad student at nearby Washington State University, appears to have no connection to the four stabbing victims—...
Car Led Investigators
to Idaho Slayings Suspect
Dec 30, 2022 5:35 PM CST
Car Led Investigators to Idaho Slayings Suspect
Knife used to kill four college students has not been found yet, police say
- Law enforcement officials said Friday that investigators of the slayings of four University of Idaho students began concentrating on Bryan Kohberger after connecting him to a Hyundai Elantra spotted in the area at the time of the killings. Once they learned he had left Idaho for Pennsylvania, an FBI team...
Suspect Arrested in Murder
of 4 Idaho Students
Dec 30, 2022 1:49 PM CST
Suspect Arrested in Murder of 4 Idaho Students
28-year-old is in custody in Pennsylvania
This summary has been updated with new information.
Police have made an arrest in the slaying of four University of Idaho students , reports the AP and CNN . Arrest paperwork filed by Pennsylvania State Police said Bryan Christopher Kohberger, 28, was being held for extradition based on an arrest warrant for...
Popular on Newser
MSU Head Coach Fired for 'Moral Turpitude'
Winners, Losers From the GOP Debate
Arrest Made in Murder of Young Baltimore Tech CEO
A Find Like This Comes 'Once in a Generation'
When a Bear Came, Mom Knew What to Do
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.