Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
to Smear Cuomo
Aug 8, 2023 12:29 PM CDT
Behind Effort to Smear Cuomo Accusers: His Sister
'New York Times' describes Madeline Cuomo as 'secret hand' behind the effort
- When then-New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo was hit with allegations of sexual impropriety , brother Chris lost his anchor job at CNN because of his efforts to help Andrew survive the controversy. Now the
New York Times
is out with a lengthy account detailing how another sibling worked on behalf of...
Jul 8, 2022 5:10 PM CDT
Cuomo Abused Authority for Book: Report
Investigation finds New York governor misused state resources on $5M project
- Former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo improperly used state resources for a book he received $5.1 million to write, according to a report by a law firm. New York's soon-to-be-disbanded ethics commission, the Joint Commission on Public Ethics, voted Thursday to make the report public. It had sought...
Chris Cuomo Asks for $125M
From CNN in Arbitration
Mar 16, 2022 4:48 PM CDT
Chris Cuomo Asks for $125M From CNN in Arbitration
Former host says firing hurt his reputation and his chances of finding a new job
- Former host Chris Cuomo is seeking more than $125 million in an arbitration filing against CNN, saying the network was wrong to fire him. Cuomo was dropped in December , with CNN citing his involvement in helping his brother, then-New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, combat sexual harassment allegations. The governor resigned...
'Nation of Tweets' at
Mar 7, 2022 1:03 AM CST
Cuomo Quotes Bible, Rips 'Nation of Tweets' at Church Appearance
It's not clear whether disgraced former governor is plotting a political comeback
- Just six months after he resigned from office in disgrace over sexual harassment allegations, former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo appeared to be hinting at a political comeback in remarks at a Brooklyn church on Sunday, the AP reports. The Democrat made a campaign-like stop at the church Sunday, delivering...
No One's Sure Why Andrew
Cuomo Just Put Out This Ad
Mar 1, 2022 9:15 AM CST
No One's Sure Why Andrew Cuomo Just Put Out This Ad
Promo, which suggests sexual harassment case was politically motivated, spurs speculation
- Andrew Cuomo wasn't forced to resign from the New York governor's office because of a credible sexual harassment case but rather "political attacks," according to a new ad campaign. Per the
New York Times
, Cuomo's campaign is spending $369,000 to air a 30-second TV...
Female State Trooper
Goes After Cuomo in Court
Feb 18, 2022 9:52 AM CST
Female State Trooper Goes After Cuomo in Court
She alleges then-governor sexually harassed her, and a top aide covered it up
- A New York state trooper who testified that former Gov. Andrew Cuomo sexually harassed her has filed a lawsuit asking a federal court to declare that Cuomo, a top aide, and state police violated her civil rights. The trooper's name was not disclosed in the lawsuit, filed in Manhattan...
The 3rd Main
Player in CNN
Scandal Is Also Out
Feb 16, 2022 12:25 AM CST
The 3rd Main Player in CNN Scandal Is Also Out
Allison Gollust found to have violated company policies
- Jeff Zucker's key lieutenant at CNN—and the woman with whom he had an undisclosed romantic relationship—is also stepping down, less than two weeks after Zucker's resignation as the network's president. Allison Gollust was named alongside Zucker and Chris Cuomo as now-former employees who violated company...
Report: Chris Cuomo Wants
'Megyn Kelly Money' From CNN
Feb 9, 2022 7:31 AM CST
Report: Chris Cuomo Wants 'Megyn Kelly Money' From CNN
Sources tell 'New York Post' that former anchor may push for as much as $60M from ex-employer
- After Jeff Zucker was forced to step down from his top spot at CNN earlier this month, a question soon arose : Could Chris Cuomo have somehow been the force behind that resignation, seeking revenge for his own firing from the network in December? Whether it's a vengeance spree or...
Cuomo Claims He's
Feb 7, 2022 3:13 PM CST
Cuomo Claims He's Been 'Vindicated'
He won't rule out another run for office
- Just six months after he announced his resignation amid a sexual harassment scandal, former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo claims he's been "vindicated"—and he isn't ruling out another run for office. "I never resigned because I said I did something wrong. I said, I’...
Cuomo Ordered to Make
Virtual Court Appearance
Jan 6, 2022 6:50 PM CST
Cuomo Ordered to Make Virtual Court Appearance
Both sides have asked that the fondling complaint be dismissed
- Andrew Cuomo will be required to appear virtually for a court session Friday as a judge considers a prosecutor's request to dismiss a fondling case against the former New York governor. Albany County District Attorney David Soares asked Judge Holly Trexler on Tuesday to dismiss the misdemeanor complaint, three...
Jan 4, 2022 11:23 AM CST
Groping Charges Dropped Against Andrew Cuomo
Prosecutor calls woman's accusation credible but says he doesn't have enough evidence
Another legal win for Andrew Cuomo in regard to sexual harassment allegations. The former New York governor will not face a criminal charge that he fondled an aide while in office, reports the AP . Albany County District Attorney David Soares said Tuesday that he was dropping the case because...
Ethics Panel Says Cuomo
Can't Keep Book Proceeds
Dec 14, 2021 2:46 PM CST
Ethics Panel Says Cuomo Can't Keep Book Proceeds
Investigators say he broke promise not to have staffers work on 'American Crisis'
- Former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo received a hefty sum for his book on the pandemic—and a state ethics panel has now ordered him to turn it over. The Joint Commission on Public Ethics voted 12-1 to order Cuomo to hand over the proceeds from
American Crisis: Leadership Lessons
New York's Letitia James
Ends Run for Governor
Dec 9, 2021 11:45 AM CST
New York's Letitia James Ends Run for Governor
Instead, woman who brought down Andrew Cuomo hopes to remain state attorney general
Letitia James won't be running for governor after all. New York's attorney general said Thursday she plans to run for re-election to her current job instead, reports the AP . James, a Democrat, had been expected to be a strong challenger against Gov. Kathy Hochul, who replaced Andrew...
Dec 5, 2021 4:50 PM CST
Accusation Surfaced Before Cuomo's Firing
Lawyer says woman alleges 'serious sexual misconduct,' which his spokesman denies
- CNN received a new allegation against Chris Cuomo days before firing him —which may have been the "additional information" the network cited in dismissing the host Saturday. Debra Katz, a lawyer, said Sunday that her client has accused Cuomo of "serious sexual misconduct" and that CNN was...
Dec 4, 2021 5:45 PM CST
CNN Fires Chris Cuomo, Citing New Information
Network host had been suspended for role in defending his brother
- Saying it had new information about Chris Cuomo's role in helping his brother keep his job as governor of New York, CNN announced Saturday that it had fired its star host. The network said in a statement that the information concerning the anchor's involvement in Andrew Cuomo's...
Chris Cuomo Calls CNN
Dec 1, 2021 4:09 PM CST
Chris Cuomo Calls CNN Suspension 'Embarrassing'
'It hurts to even say it,' he said on his SiriusXM show
- The day after CNN suspended him indefinitely , Chris Cuomo told the world how he's feeling, and the upshot is: not great. Deadline reports that at the start of his SiriusXM show on Wednesday, a "gloomy-sounding" Cuomo kicked things off with a "quick note about the obvious—I'...
Nov 30, 2021 6:03 PM CST
CNN Suspends Chris Cuomo Indefinitely
Network says he was more involved in brother's scandal than they knew
- Update: CNN says anchor Chris Cuomo is off the air following the release of documents showing that he had been more involved with brother Andrew Cuomo's sexual harassment scandal than the network had believed. Documents released Monday showed that the top-rated anchor offered to use his sources to research...
Nov 22, 2021 3:13 PM CST
'Overwhelming Evidence' That Cuomo Harassed
Investigators combed through thousands of pages of evidence
- There’s "overwhelming evidence" that former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo engaged in sexual harassment. The impeachment investigation also found that Cuomo used state employees to work on his memoir and "was not fully transparent regarding the number of nursing home residents who died as a result of...
In Interview Transcripts, a
'Pugilistic and Paranoid' Cuomo
Nov 11, 2021 6:43 AM CST
In Interview Transcripts, a 'Pugilistic and Paranoid' Cuomo
NY AG Letitia James releases transcripts from probe into sex harassment claims against ex-gov
- The 515-page transcript from an 11-hour interview with former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has been released, and it shows an alternately defiant and aloof interviewee who denies the sexual harassment accusations against him. The documentation of the July 17 conversation between Cuomo and Joon Kim and Anne Clark, the...
Oct 28, 2021 5:01 PM CDT
Touching Complaint Names Cuomo
Filing accuses former governor of Class A misdemeanor at the Executive Mansion last year
- A criminal complaint was filed Thursday against former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, saying he forcibly touched a woman at the state's Executive Mansion in December 2020. The filing in Albany City Court did not name the woman, the
New York Times
reports. The complaint says Cuomo did "...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Multiple People Now 'on the Radar' in JonBenet Case
Family in 'Unbearable Pain' After Mother Found in Gator's Jaws
'Nightmare' Exodus Begins Amid Fears of Ethnic Cleansing
Fans Boo as Miami Dolphins Opt Not to Go for NFL Record
Russell Brand's Troubles Get Worse
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.