Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Had Some Advice
for Biden: Yell
Jun 9, 2022 12:08 AM CDT
Jimmy Kimmel Had Some Advice for Biden: Yell
President gives his first in-person appearance on a late night show
- There weren't a lot of laughs, but President Biden got some unsolicited advice from Jimmy Kimmel on Wednesday when the president sat down for his first in-person interview with a late-night host since taking office, the AP reports. The host of ABC's
Jimmy Kimmel Live!
expressed frustration about...
2 Tweets From Bezos on Biden,
With One Theme: 'Misdirection'
May 16, 2022 8:08 AM CDT
2 Tweets From Bezos on Biden, With One Theme: 'Misdirection'
Amazon founder goes after president on Twitter about inflation
- President Biden is well aware of the nation's current woes around inflation , and he recently pledged to make it his top domestic priority. But his thoughts on how to do so have rankled one of the world's richest men, and that man took to Twitter to tell the...
Don't Expect a Huge Number
on Biden's Student Loan Salve
Apr 29, 2022 12:46 PM CDT
Don't Expect a Huge Number on Biden's Student Loan Salve
President still considering 'some debt reduction,' but not the $50K-per-borrower some Dems want
- Reducing, or outright eliminating, debt for the 43 million people who've borrowed money via federal student loans has long been a top priority on progressives' wish list. And President Biden is seriously considering "some debt reduction," he announced this week, though advocates shouldn't get their hopes...
Bidens' Oldest Grandkid
to Enjoy Rare White House Perk
Apr 5, 2022 6:36 AM CDT
Bidens' Oldest Grandkid to Enjoy Rare White House Perk
Naomi Biden, 28, and Peter Neal, 24, will have WH wedding reception on Nov. 19
- Details are scarce, but a Biden is about to celebrate their wedding in the White House. That would be Naomi Biden, Joe and Jill Biden's oldest grandchild, who'll have her nuptials hosted by the president and first lady on Nov. 19, a spokesperson for Jill Biden tells CNN...
Man Can Keep
Referring to Biden
Mar 16, 2022 7:28 AM CDT
Man Can Keep 'Objectionable' License Plate Referring to Biden
Alabama won't recall Nathan Kirk's 'LGBFJB' tag—standing for 'Let's go, Brandon,' apparent vulgarity
- "Let's go, Brandon," the catchphrase that's code among Trump supporters for "F--- Joe Biden," has made its way, in a way, onto an Alabama man's license plate, and he's going to be allowed to keep it there. AL.com reports that the...
White House Event
Celebrates Black History
Feb 28, 2022 7:13 PM CST
White House Event Celebrates Black History
Biden urges Congress to confirm Jackson, pass voting rights bills
- President Biden welcomed Black leaders to the White House on Monday for a jovial Black History Month celebration, where he called on Congress to confirm Ketanji Brown Jackson to the Supreme Court and pass voting rights bills. "I know progress can be slow and frustrating," Biden said. "...
Listened to Mitt
Feb 23, 2022 9:50 AM CST
Growing Consensus on Russia: Should've Listened to Mitt
A look back at Romney's 2012 remarks on Russia being 'without question, our No. 1 geopolitical foe'
- As the world waits anxiously for his next move on Ukraine, Vladimir Putin continues to make demands over the crisis, exacerbated this week by his ordering of Russian troops into eastern Ukraine. Now, comments made about Russia a decade ago by Sen. Mitt Romney, then a presidential contender against incumbent...
Joe Biden's Worst Mistake
May Be Unfolding Right Now
Feb 22, 2022 11:28 AM CST
Joe Biden's Worst Mistake May Be Unfolding Right Now
Ezra Klein is referring to starving Afghans
- The worst mistake of the Biden administration might end up being Afghanistan, writes Ezra Klein in the
New York Times
. And no, he's not referring to the chaotic withdrawal of US troops. He's talking about what has unfolded since, what's unfolding
, and what will continue to...
Biden Agrees to
Meet With Putin,
With a Caveat
Feb 21, 2022 6:47 AM CST
Biden Agrees to Meet With Putin, With a Caveat
As long as Russia does not invade Ukraine
- In what appeared to be a last-ditch diplomatic gambit brokered with the aid of French President Emmanuel Macron, the White House said President Biden has agreed “in principle” to a meeting with Russia’s President Vladimir Putin as long as he holds off on launching an assault on Ukraine...
Biden Recalls Time
He Put a Dead Dog
Feb 17, 2022 10:25 AM CST
Biden Recalls Time He Put a Dead Dog on Republican's Doorstep
He shares anecdote from his days as a county councilman in Delaware
- President Biden's critics are having a field day with a weird anecdote he shared at the National Association of Counties 2022 Legislative Conference earlier this week. The president, looking back to his days as a county councilman in Delaware in the early 1970s, told the Washington conference Tuesday that...
Has a First Cat
Jan 28, 2022 7:40 AM CST
America Now Has a First Cat
Willow joins Commander, the Bidens' German shepherd puppy, in the White House
- Commander has a new friend in the White House. Last month, President Biden and wife Dr. Jill Biden adopted the German shepherd puppy and brought him to DC. Now he's got a feline companion. The Bidens welcomed a 2-year-old gray-and-white tabby named Willow to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. on Wednesday,...
Jan 27, 2022 7:40 PM CST
Ukraine Hears Discouraging Assessments
UN Security Council will meet Monday on the border standoff
- Ukraine received a series of grim assessments Thursday of the possibility of avoiding a Russian invasion. In a phone call, President Biden told Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky that there's a "distinct possibility" of Russian military action next month, the AP reports. The UK's defense minister said an...
Igor Fruman Sentenced: 'Shame
That Will Live With Me Forever'
Jan 22, 2022 5:30 AM CST
Igor Fruman Sentenced: 'Shame That Will Live With Me Forever'
Fla. man who helped Giuliani try to get dirt on Joe Biden sentenced to one year in foreign donor case
- A Florida man who helped Rudy Giuliani seek damaging information against Joe Biden in Ukraine was sentenced to a year and a day in prison and fined $10,000 Friday in an unrelated campaign finance case. Igor Fruman was told to report to prison March 14, per the AP . He...
Biden Graded Worse
Than Trump in First Year
Jan 19, 2022 12:35 PM CST
Biden Graded Worse Than Trump in First Year
Polls aren't kind to commander in chief, whose approval rating sits at 40%
- Wrapping up his first year in office, President Biden is "undeniably weaker than [when] he began it, with his poll numbers having plummeted and his party in danger of being swept out of power on Capitol Hill," reports Politico . A look at the victories, the failures, the challenges...
Biden's Nephew, New Wife
Split After Whirlwind Romance
Dec 27, 2021 5:42 PM CST
Biden's Nephew, New Wife Split After Whirlwind Romance
Couple rumored to have dated only a month before marrying
- Meghan King, a former Real Housewives of Orange County star, has split from her brand-new husband, Cuffe Biden Owens, a lawyer and nephew of President Joe Biden . The couple married in October after a brief courtship—just a couple of weeks after going public with the relationship on Instagram . “...
Only 3 Federal
Most in US
Dec 27, 2021 8:18 AM CST
Only 3 Federal Officials Viewed Favorably by Most in US
John Roberts, the Fed's Jerome Powell, and Anthony Fauci
- Gallup put the names of 11 federal officials in front of Americans in a new survey, and only three registered positive ratings from the majority of respondents. The clear No. 1 was Supreme Court Justice John Roberts (60%), followed by Fed chief Jerome Powell (53%) and Dr. Anthony Fauci...
Brandon (Yes, That One)
Would Like a Word
in case you missed it
Dec 25, 2021 6:15 AM CST
Brandon (Yes, That One) Would Like a Word
NASCAR driver-turned-meme would rather focus on cars than politics
- Even people unfamiliar with NASCAR know his name, or at least his first one. Brandon Brown is the 28-year-old driver who inadvertently became a political meme in October when his name turned into a slogan for opponents of President Biden. He's the "Brandon" of "Let's Go...
Biden Has an
Answer on 2024
Dec 23, 2021 12:00 AM CST
Biden Has an Answer on 2024
Tells David Muir it's a 'yes,' especially if Trump is running too
- President Biden confirms he's running for re-election in 2024, and if former President Trump decides he, too, will run, that would only "increase the prospect of running." He told David Muir that in an ABC News interview Wednesday, but the 78-year-old did note, "look, I'm...
Biden Spent 30
Minutes on Plane With
Staffer Who Has COVID
Dec 21, 2021 1:52 AM CST
Biden Spent 30 Minutes on Plane With Staffer Who Has COVID
President tests negative 3 days after possible exposure
- President Biden is considered a close contact of a White House staffer who has tested positive for COVID-19, the administration announced Monday. "On Monday morning, a mid-level staff member, who does not regularly have contact with the president, received a positive result for a COVID-19 test," White House...
Harris Is First Woman to Gain
Presidential Power, Briefly
Nov 19, 2021 10:08 AM CST
Harris Is First Woman to Gain Presidential Power, Briefly
President Biden will be under anesthesia for routine colonoscopy Friday
- Vice President Kamala Harris is making history again: She'll become the first woman to hold presidential power while President Biden undergoes a routine procedure on Friday. Biden will temporarily transfer power to Harris while he is under anesthesia for a routine colonoscopy, according to White House press secretary Jen...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
On Roe v. Wade, Federal Judge Sees a 'Loophole'
After a Drowning, Amusement Park Ride Closes for Good
Days After 'Dead' Woman Was Found Alive, a New Incident
One Quirk in Couples Health Study Is a Surprise
Shots Fired as Intruder Breaches Home of Air Force One
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.